The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

February 26, 2014 - 2:19 pm
YouTube Preview Image

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) declared on the Senate floor that all of the “horror stories” being shared about Obamacare are “untrue,” sparking outrage from GOP lawmakers.

“Across the country, Americans who were once denied insurance because they suffered from something like cancer or as simple as acne were able to buy affordable health insurance that they could afford and they could trust,” Reid said

“But despite all that good news, there’s plenty of horror stories being told,” Reid insisted. “All of them are untrue, but they’re being told all over America.” He proceeded to accuse the Koch brothers of spreading false stories with anti-Obamacare ads.

Senate Minority Whip John Cornyn (R-Texas) said “it’s not insult enough that Texans and Americans across the country are losing their healthcare plans or seeing their hours cut at work because of Obamacare. Now the most powerful Democrat in Congress has said Americans’ personal horror stories about Obamacare ‘are untrue’—not just some, but ‘all of them.’”

“I invite the majority leader to visit places like Plano, TX, where he can meet with Glenn Barlow, who is in his 50s, and lost his existing plan, which he liked. The most comparable plan he can purchase under Obamacare is 65 percent more expensive and includes maternity care that he doesn’t need,” Cornyn said.

“I wish these stories weren’t true, but this is what happens when a president shoves his big-government agenda down the throats of the American people and forces them to buy health care they don’t need or don’t want. At the end of the day, the only thing that’s ‘untrue’ are the many promises the president made when he tried to sell the nation on Obamacare, chief among them: if you like your plan, you can keep it.”

Bridget Johnson is a career journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

Harry Reid doesn't have to go all the way to Plano, TX. He can come to my house in Las Vegas, NV & I will tell him that my insurance was cancelled & how negatively it's impacting me. My good PPO wasn't "up to Obamacare standards", meaning I CHOOSE insurance that DID NOT include the "minimum standard" requirements of : 1) Maternity coverage, (I am 61 & I've had a hysterectomy). 2) Birth Control Pills, (see item # 1). 3) Drug Addiction coverage, (if I'm not a drug addict yet, it's a safe bet I won't ever be). 4) Mental Health care, (see item # 3...oh wait, dealing with Obamacare, might make me need a shrink). My new Obamacare plan is a sh!tty HMO, which costs $1.00 more PER MONTH than my good PPO did. An equivalent PPO would have cost an additional $350.00 per month, which is simply beyond our budget. I am a cancer survivor & yes it's true that the new plan couldn't deny me, but the old plan didn't deny me either. On the new HMO NONE of our Specialists are on the plan, so we have to pay cash out of pocket to see them, IN ADDITION TO our HMO premiums!! Tomorrow I have my first follow up appt. of this year with my oncologist & this will cost me $160.00 & this includes a cash discount. With my PPO, my co-pay was $60.00. As if this is not insane enough, I found out that my oncologist's office is REQUIRED by law (Obamacare), to file with my insurance company for my appt's, even though I know & the Doc's office knows that it WON'T be covered. What is up with mandating Doc's to "spin their wheels" & waste the time of both their staff & the staff at the insurance company? So to recap, my premium remained approximately the same BECAUSE I bought a significantly inferior policy, with coverage I will never need & lacking coverage I do need, plus I have to pay additional money to my Doctors who aren't covered. How is my spending more money than I did before "affordable"??
Reid is and always has been a pathological liar. Harry Reid would be in prison if he weren't a politician. Here's another example of what an outrageous liar he is: When asked about his great-great uncle, Remus Reid, a horse thief, sent to Montana Territorial Prison 1885, escaped 1887, robbed the Montana Flyer six times. Caught by Pinkerton detectives, convicted and hanged in 1889, Reid had his staff reply that "Remus Reid was a famous cowboy in the Montana Territory . His business empire grew to include acquisition of valuable equestrian assets and intimate dealings with the Montana railroad. Beginning in 1883, he devoted several years of his life to government service, finally taking leave to resume his dealings with the railroad. In 1887, he was a key player in a vital investigation run by the renowned Pinkerton Detective Agency. In 1889, Remus passed away during an important civic function held in his honor when the platform upon which he was standing collapsed."
He's a lying SOS.

I have a friend who is a breast cancer survivor. Independence Blue Cross kicked her off due to 0-Care.

And how about Pat Carfagno's story: http://blog.billlawrenceonline.com/2014/02/21/how-obamacare-tortures-disabled.aspx
My guess is that GOP campaign managers, upon hearing these words from Harry's mouth, dropped to their knees, raised their hands to the heavens and shouted "Thank you" over and over.
Unfortunately for Harry, the befuddled, every one knows or will know the story of some poor soul who had their insurance cancelled and were thrust into Obamacare's labyrinth of conflicting rules and abominable rates. Therefore the fact that Harry lied, as did Obama, and lied big is going to stick like hot chocolate on a fur coat.l This was a gift to the GOP. Hopefully they won't botch it.
Howl at the moon while you're pounding sand all you like but those "horror stories" of Obamacare don't scratch the surface of those horror stories without Obamacare.

Your true horror stories, death panels, unattainable insurance, unaffordable insurance, and other agencies making decisions for your doctors existed prior to PPACA.

By that "logic", since people have been dying since the species first evolved, the Black Death was nothing to get hot and bothered over.
He's a liar. Serial. Kinda like Nancy and Barry and Chucky. I think I see a pattern here...
I am amazed that this mentally deminished child imbecile of an old man can do so much damage to our constitution and laws. My God, you'd think he was Christ come down from the cross when he can single handedly refuse to allow debate and voting by the entire Senate because he's too busy licking Obama's boots.
Maybe we should listen to Reid. After all, he's an expert on lying.
Amazing how one individual can be so callous and ignorant in the same breath.
Luckily, they changed the rule about tourists in the Capitol so Harry doesn't have to smell them.
Harry Reid is repulsive.
Did he say something about "buying" america?

one word: Soros.
And according to Reid, this ISN'T a lie; "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan, PERIOD." And this doesn't seem to be a lie either; "If you like your Dr, you can keep your Dr, PERIOD".
1 2 Next View All

One Trackback to “Reid on Obamacare ‘Horror Stories’: ‘All of Them are Untrue’”