The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

February 18, 2014 - 12:14 pm

We told ‘em so.

Over seven in 10 Obama voters, and 55 percent of Democrats, regret voting for President Obama’s reelection in 2012, according to a new Economist/YouGov.com poll.

Conducted to test the media hype about a comeback by 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, the new poll found voters still uninspired by Romney, but also deeply dissatisfied with Obama who has so far failed to capitalize on his victory over 15 months ago.

In a truly astonishing turn, 100% of Hispanics polled said that they regretted voting for Obama’s re-election. If anyone wonders why the Democrats keep pushing amnesty, there’s your answer.

I’m not saying that amnesty is the way to lock up the Hispanic vote. It isn’t. But using amnesty to provoke over-reactions among Republicans, which the Democrats/media can use to amp up cries of “racism,” is one of the top moves in the Democrat playbook. Plus, it divides Republicans, as some do adhere to the mistaken belief that amnesty is the way to save the party. Divided opponents are always weaker than united opponents.

The majority’s buyer’s remorse would, at this point, oust Obama and replace him with Mitt Romney. He would defeat Obama, 55 million to 52 million. That probably says a lot less about Romney than it says about Obama.

Tell ya what, liberals. Since Obama believes he can re-write laws anytime he wants, how about we re-write election laws and have a snap election, right now, over whether he should keep his job or not. Let’s include a referendum on whether to keep or scuttle Obamacare on the ballot while we’re at it.

No? Why or why not? Show your work.

Republicans are being set up nicely by Obama’s record to go for the gold and elect a real conservative. What will they do with this opportunity?

Update: It looks like YouGov got its labeling screwy. Nice catch by Allahpundit.

Far be it from me to defend Romney, I think he's a good man and smart but a complete milquetoast......but you who didn't vote for him ARE to blame for his "failure." He got the independents; it was the conservatives who stayed home and elected Obama.
Not sure why you provide links to the source documents when they completely refute your assertions. Seven in ten Obama voters would not vote for Obama again? Your source says 79% would vote for Obama again. 100% of Hispanics would not vote for Obama? What a peculiar assertion. 64% said they would vote for Obama again, 20% are not sure. But thanks for providing the links to source material, it's interesting!
Maybe some of those folks are like Oliver Stone who calls Obama a weak, spineless man.

Anyone who voted for Obama a second time, is such a fool or a leftist tool...there is no poll that can capture the depths of that depravity.

The pool of "obama voters" therefore exists of

a) those who are so stupid, they don't realize it

b) those who are so traitorous, that Obama isn't ENOUGH of a totalitarian for their tastes

c) those who are still trying to figure out a hanging chad

d) And those who will make excuses for Obama no matter how mind-numbingly atrocious he is.

Cleared of the misconceptions and mistatements (Bryan, et al), and the leftist spin (Karl), what this really says is:

Any decent conservative would have stomped Obama into pulp.

Any. Decent. Conservative.

The last two Presidential elections were not won by liberals.

They were lost by RINOs.

Hmmm. Last two? We might count the Bob Dole fiasco in that, too.

"It's my turn!" isn't exactly a winning campaign slogan.

What difference does it make now anyway?
They might regret it, but too many are too eager to make the same mistake again with the next democrat race baiter up for election in 2016.
Uh-oh - disdain is preceding horse.
Obama is a lot like Obamacare. We had to elect him to find out what was in him.

Demagogues like our Mussolini for Morons don't announce their intentions beforehand. They run on some set of grandiose generalities, never revealing their true designs on the country. (Obama ran on a platform of "Vote for me or prove you're a racist. And have you noticed, I'm black?")

Only later do their reveal their true colors, by throwing their country into a war on their own say-so, for instance. Then the people see what they've gotten themselves into.

This poll is misleading, so much so that several conservative blogs quoted the headline results until readers pointed out the flaws. Ace-of-Spades for one has posted a retraction.
@Alias Echo

It's even worse than Alias Echo mentions. Go to the source material: http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/g4ao648r79/tabs_OPI_romney_documentary_20140210.pdf

You can see the results -

51% of those who voted in 2012 voted for Obama.
71% of those who voted for Obama regret their vote.
79% of those who voted for Obama would vote for Obama again over Mitt Romney.
Of those who did not vote in 2012, if they could go back in time and vote, 62% would vote for Obama.

In terms of Hispanics, 100% might regret having voted for him, but 64% would still vote for him again if he were running against Mitt Romney.

I can't wait for some Republican establishmentarians to jump all over my comment to tell me just how thoroughly electable Romney and McCain are. Those are the men we need to lead the Republican Party to dominance!
My idea of an amnesty is giving the NSA a second chance by putting their incredible powers to work finding and kicking out every illegal alien in America. Since the NSA ignores law this facility will aid them in their endeavors.
I don't have a dog in this fight. Or I do, except it's a pit bull.

I didn't vote for Obama. I couldn't on principle. I didn't vote for McCain either, for the same reason, principle. He was just another establishment Republican, like Bush Sr. and Dole before him, destined to lose by choice.

This is the problem with establishment Prepublicans and their sycophants in the establishment press. They don't understand that the establishment is the problem.

There is no way that an establishment Republican is going to beat an establishment Democrat in any election, not with the establishment press covering it, or covering it up.

The American people always get the government they elect. The seldom get the government they deserve, but then that's they're fault. And where is the press, the so-much-too-respected-journalists in all of this? Commentating inanely on the sidelines as always.
6 million reg. Repubs stayed home. Obama was beatable. With friends like you, . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
You do have a dog in this fight. You are affected by the Messiah's bad decisions every day. You just chose not to play.
"I didn't vote for McCain either,..."

I hope you and the others who refused to vote for McCain are freakin' happy now!
I blame those who voted for McCain in the GOP nomination process.
Yeah, right. There's nothing that draws us back to your big tent faster than blaming us for your thoroughly "electable" candidate's failure.
I realized I wasn't clear in my initial response. When I said that "Romney got people like you to vote for him.", I meant people who are Progressives.

See, in the Progressive statist mindset, there is no individual responsibility, only collective responsibility. Thus, Romney's failure to project authority and confidence, or his failure to hire good campaign people, or his failure to inspire people - these failures were really my failure. They were the failure of anyone who didn't like him or criticized him.

Mitt Romney couldn't be responsible for his failures as a candidate. That would be too much like personal responsibility. No, the collective must bear the responsibility.
Show me the proof that so-called Independents voted for Romney.

Romney got people like you to vote for him. You would have voted for my left shoe against Obama if it ran with an (R) next to its listing.

Your next candidate will fail, too. Keep giving us communist-lite options, PirateGirl. Call your Senators and Representatives, let them know that John Boehner should continue to be Speaker of the House, and Mitch McConnel should stay in the leadership of the Republican Party.

Then come back and tell me it's my fault your party is chock full of losers.
You are absolutely right; I would have voted for your left shoe against Obama. Maybe not the first time he ran (although I read his "auto" biographies and then held my nose and voted for McCain) but by the second time I would have voted for Pol Pot over Obama and unfortunately I would have been right.

I didn't say it's your fault that the GOP (not my party) is full of losers. I said it's your fault Obama is president. Own it.
Wait just a damn minute, PirateGirl. I didn't want a crook like McCain, or a dishrag like Romney as the the Republican candidates, but I held my nose, and closed my eyes, and voted for both of them.

And now it's MY fault that Obama is President?? How does THAT work?
That's not what she said. She said that conservatives who DIDN'T vote, who stayed home [all 6 million of them], THEY allowed Obama to win. You voted Rep. even though you didn't like McCain or Romney. Obama could have been defeated. Enough to make you sick. YOU did the right thing.
Chimera. Wait, do that again? Chimera...
1 2 Next View All