The PJ Tatler

Stephen Kruiser

January 29, 2014 - 8:45 pm

On what planet is this a good idea?!?

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush has been rumored to be a potential Republican presidential candidate in 2016 and Wednesday he did nothing to end the speculation when asked about a possible run.

“I’m going to think about it later (a run for president),” Bush said during a school tour Wednesday. “I don’t wake up each day saying, ‘what am I going to do today to make this decision?’”

Bush continued, “I’m deferring the decision to the right time which is later this year and the decision will be based on, can I do it joyfully, because I think we need to have candidates lift our spirits. It’s a pretty pessimistic country right now; and, is it right for my family? So I don’t even want to think about that till it’s the right time and that’s later on.”

Jeb isn’t crazy or delusional, and he is not still entertaining these thoughts because he is a raging egomaniac. This is happening because there are still power players in the upper echelons of the GOP who would sincerely like Jeb to run. The old-money players are very much of the opinion that there is a queue in the GOP for presidential runs and Jeb has been waiting his turn for a long time.

Here on Planet Earth, I can’t think of a Democrat who couldn’t beat Jeb Bush. This is the guy whose ascension was slowed by the fact that he lost a gubernatorial election he was supposed to win and his brother won one that most weren’t even aware he wanted to run for. He’s an awful choice from any angle one considers it, but there is just enough old money talking to keep this hanging around.

Like the annoying uncle who just won’t go away.

Stephen Kruiser is a professional comedian and writer who has also been a conservative political activist for over two decades. A co-founder of the first Los Angeles Tea Party, Kruiser often speaks to grassroots groups around America and has had the great honor of traveling around the world entertaining U.S. troops.

If elected Jeb will do to America what he did to Terri Schiavo.

It looks like elections have been kidnapped and reduced to false options. If there are no Conservative candidates we should have a concerted option, a protest vote that can be counted and detected, a write in; i. e. we can vote for Ronald Reagan. Of course there are not going to be truly conservative candidates in this election, I can see that.
NO NO
Article I, Section 9, Clause 8:
"No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States."

The framers didn't want monarchical dynasties either. No more Bushes, no more Clintons. And no more Obamas.
Is he so delusional that he doesn't remember the baggage he carries? Not only is he Dubya's brother, who left office with approval in the toilet, but far too many people hold him directly responsible for the outcome of FL in 2000. Like Teddy boy with Chappaquidick,Biden with plagiarism, and hopefully Hillary with Benghazi, he will never be able to dump that albatross. For which I am glad - we don't need to perpetuate the political dynasties.
Listen to your mother, Jeb.
Make this slob Jeb Bush go away. The name "Bush" provokes such laughter among both the educated and the unwashed that it would be a massive fail. Get him out of the theater before he even goes on stage.
I don't think Jeb is an evil man, but it won't surprise me one bit to learn that George Soros is behind the push for him.
I think it's a great idea; it will make the transition from GOP to Tea Party as a separate entity, much easier for so many Americans.
jebbush..does that rhyme with nebbish?
Any one interested in a third party?

At least it would give conservatives a way of protesting the candidate.
Maybe Jeb feels that great wave of disinterest regarding a 2016 run.
Jeb will run. And there is more than a few old money bags willing to support him. Wall St would line up in droves to support him, as would the US Chamber of Commerce, and about every Republican Beltway Insider. He is pro Immigration, Pro Wall St, Pro Big Business, and his Progressive credentials concerning education, the social issues, and the Administrative State are impeccable. He would continue to expand the EPA, USDA, DOE, etc... and while he is no ALGORE concerning Global Warming, he quietly supports many of its facets. But, most of all, Bush is an Internationalist.

So, why not run now? For one thing, I think Jeb believes that he could never get grass root Conservative support. The Bush name is still mud with them. Secondly, the voters in general still remember vividly his brother's and father's tenure in office. Jeb, at least for now, would probably lose to any number of well positioned Dems.

But, most all, I think Jeb is waiting for the first tier of GOP hopefuls to either get knocked off early (think of Christie), as well as to see how bad the economy sours. Timing is everything. And to put one's name in too early can easily cause one to peak too early.

But, don't think for one minute the Establishment GOP doesn't want Jeb to run. They do, and in a bad way.
I think Jeb will wait and allow the Christie's and Sanatorums to get knocked off, and then when it looks like the GOP has no one who can defeat the Dems, Jeb will announce his candidacy. The only fly in the ointment is if some one like Mitch Daniels decides to throw in his hat (very unlikely), or perhaps Scott Walker (intriguing, but also unlikely).
If elected Jeb will do to America what he did to Terri Schiavo.

I was planning on writing in my dog's name if we get another McRomney. Vote for Missy!!
1 2 3 Next View All

One Trackback to “Why on Earth Is Jeb Bush Still ‘Undecided’ on a 2016 Run?”