The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

December 31, 2013 - 8:22 am
YouTube Preview Image

It was a battle of the networks yesterday as CNN’s Don Lemon ripped into “smug” MSNBC for making jokes about Mitt Romney’s adopted grandson Kieran, who is black.

It started on Melissa Harris-Perry’s show, where she put up this Romney tweet and opened it up for her guests to “caption.”

Actress Pia Glenn began singing, “One of these things is not like the others.” Comedian Dean Obeidallah mocked the family picture for “really [summing] up the diversity of the Republican Party.”

Lemon’s take later on CNN? “It’s a bunch of people on the left who all agree with each other, and there’s no diversity of opinion,” he said of MSNBC. “And they’re saying mean, smug things about people who may disagree with them.”

“If someone on Fox [said], ‘one of these things is not like the other,’ to a black baby in a white family, what do you think would happen?” Lemon asked, pointing out the double standard.

Harris-Perry tweeted an apology today: “I am sorry. Without reservation or qualification. I apologize to the Romney family. I work by guiding principle that those who offend do not have the right to tell those they hurt that they [are] wrong for hurting. Therefore, while I meant no offense, I want to immediately apologize to the Romney family for hurting them. As black child born into large white Mormon family I feel familiarity w/ Romney family pic & never meant to suggest otherwise. I apologize to all families built on loving transracial adoptions who feel I degraded their lives or choices.”

Bridget Johnson is a veteran journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She is an NPR contributor and has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

Hill is his own explanation for the failure of his race-addicted culture. He is literally incapable of thinking.
" I apologize to all families built on loving transracial adoptions who feel I degraded their lives or choices.”

No. It isn't within your power to degrade or elevate them. You just degraded yourself.
"while I meant no offense,"

Yes, yes you did mean offense, Melissa. Otherwise why even bring it up? You are a petty bigot.
What Hill said (twice) was a thousand times worse . . . that there was political opportunism involved in the Romney's decision to adopt a black baby. What an A-hole. I guess it would be preferable to excluded the child from family photos so it won't offend Hill and MSNBC - or give him back now that Mitt lost (sarc).
The real problem with these cheezy low life hacks...is that they feel comfortable and safe by saying crap like this in the first place. They don't fear backlash or retribution either. Certainly not from the insane asylum in management there. The entire MessyNBC building is full of liars, racists, bigots and plain nuts.
She should've had some Alinsky applied to her, to wit - asked that if she was so concerned, then could she answer to the obvious fact that the black community apparently doesn't care about their own, orphaned kids...otherwise, Romney couldn't have adopted him in the first place.
As someone who has adopted a young black child and is the proud father of a successful young woman, I am neither surprised nor offended at what goes on in the minds of so-called liberals. The fact that they continually seem unshocked by their own blatant bigotry is interesting, to say the least.
Is there any greater evidence of Christian love than adoption? When race doesn't matter, when love is the only currency, Love is in charge.
If the Left doesn't understand, it is understandable. Their ideology doesn't encompass love.
I wish Don Lemon would have punched him right in his mouth. It's people like Marc Lamont Hill I can't stand.

I remember when I was in highschool I was talking to a friend of mines father who was adamant that blacks and whites should never mix -as in have kids- and children who are bi-racial will never figure out who they are. As I'm just staring at this man, listening to him go on and on I finally interjected and said "Oh so you mean like me? Under your rules I shouldn't exist, yet I do so therefor I must be mixed up, confused and some sort of awful lab experiment gone wrong." And in so many words he agreed, I had to be held back from trying to beat the hell out of him.
Harris-Perry; pond scum. The liberal left; trash.
"As black child born into large white Mormon family I feel familiarity w/ Romney family pic & never meant to suggest otherwise. I apologize to all families built on loving transracial adoptions who feel I degraded their lives or choices.”

Ok wait, is she a black child or a bi-racial child? And then Ms. Harris-Perry can start living by what you say and stop creating racial divide on your show.
Silly Witch.
I think the lining of her cerebral cortex sloughs off once a month and drains out her ears, hence the need for her ugly but practical tampon earrings...
If that's true, what's the garbage that continually dribbles out of her mouth?

Wait.... I don't think anybody wants to know....

1 2 3 4 Next View All