The PJ Tatler

Myra Adams

October 28, 2013 - 8:55 am

If you are following the Obamacare debacle you may have read or heard about this article in the LA Times with the headlines:

Some health insurance gets pricier as Obamacare rolls out.

Many middle-class Californians with individual health plans are surprised they need policies that cover more – and cost more.

While reading about the bushels of rotten California fruit growing on Obamacare trees, there was a statement that not only sums up what many Californians dislike about Obamacare, but encapsulates the side-effects of liberalism.

Here is the statement in context and please comment as to whether it should be permanently carved on the walls of Capitol Hill. (I have added the bold for emphasis.)

Pam Kehaly, president of Anthem Blue Cross in California, said she received a recent letter from a young woman complaining about a 50% rate hike related to the healthcare law.

“She said, ‘I was all for Obamacare until I found out I was paying for it,’” Kehaly said.

There you have it, the GOP’s rallying cry for the 2014 midterm election and why liberals are clueless, all in one bumper-sticker sized sentence.

Myra Adams is a media producer, writer, and political observer who served on the McCain Ad Council during the 2008 McCain campaign, and on the 2004 Bush campaign creative team. Her columns have appeared on PJ Media, National Review, The Daily Beast, The Daily Caller, RedState, BizPacReview and Liberty Unyielding. . Myra's web site TheJesusStore.com contributes all profits to Christian charity. Follow Myra on Twitter @MyraKAdams

How dense?

Gravity-wave detectors would vibrate audibly in their presence.

They are hard to see because light rays bend around them.

If current trends continue, both coasts (and the upper Midwest) will soon be below sea level.
The mentaility of the Obama voter perfectly distilled down to 14 words.
"I told you so" doesn't really make you feel as good as you would want but, it does inflict a sort of justice on the guilty.
TANSTAAFL - h/t Robert A. Heinlein. Cheers -
My personal one-liner would be: "I was all for care, saw with care Obama and moved to Germany". Well, that is not the reason that I am a permanent residence here, though certainly a plus. As a foreigner I pay fully my way to a semi-public/private medical insurance company (one of many with different offerings). I have no deductible, doctor of my choice (and if I want a second opinion, no problemo), waiting time for serious time in a hospital or specialist between 20 days and 45 minutes and small deductibles for presrcibed medicines. I will not be returning to the USA, I cannot afford it medically. When my income was much fuller I paid some €700/m and now only €319/m (x $1.35 for dollar value). I repeat I pay my own way and have no subvention from an employer. Ever how the Germans have done it, the system works for the moment. There are pressures from the left to effectively let Africa in toto come into the welfare system, heck the inner EU migrations of Rumanians is driving the welfare output up some 800+% in some cities -> leftism here may bring the system down in the long run. The left wants something analogous to letting all illegal aliens in the US (plus family) come free of charge into the social welfare system which includes medical care. Leave the left aside (sort of a bacterial infection to sanity) and the sytem seems to work. Despite the lunacy of the German left, I am fully satisfied. Perhaps a lesson could be learned for the US. To be sure, every resident of German is obligated by law to have insusrance. -- Oh, my waiting time for purchasing insurance was, well, as long as it took for a professional to shop around for me. Perhaps a couple of weeks. He did the work, not I. Were I a German citizen, I would read info and chose or seek out a professional to do the work or my employer would have a system for me. No problemo --- YET!
"I was all for (insert progressive program here) until I found out I was paying for it".

Yup - it all catches up with you sooner or later. You can't confiscate other people's (I.E. 'rich folk's) money without it affecting your own pocketbook. When they tax your big mac guess who's really paying for it? Hee Hee - and you thought it was McDonald! DUH!

This should be a great life-lesson for those clueless LIV'ers - but I'm not hopeful. Will they flock to Hillary once the 2016 election cycle gets underway?

The clueless do get a clue on occasion - but their clues have a half-life of minutes to hours - not enough to get them/us to the next election.

There is one thing wrong with your thinking Myra. You are assuming that the GOP is smart enough and has enough guts to use that line of argument. Never doubt the current GOP leadership's ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
So true. The GOP has a long history of being handed the Holy Sword and then being afraid to use it.
Jon Corzine must have been the most despised, and most corrupt NJ governor in recent history. Even the Left hated him, due to his status as a corrupt, rich, Wall Street guy. Everything they hated. But did the GOP offer up a single ad in 2012 reminding the public of his links to Obama? Of Obama's relationship and endorsement of this crook?
What were they (not) thinking?

Honest to God. How dense are people? Where in the hell was the money going to come from?!
How dense?

Gravity-wave detectors would vibrate audibly in their presence.

They are hard to see because light rays bend around them.

From "He stash" in the words of one Obama supporter.
The mentaility of the Obama voter perfectly distilled down to 14 words.
More generally - the mentallity of the Leftists - I want my cake and eat it too. Just make sure someone else is paying for it, just not me.
And to think there are enough of them to elect a President. That many clueless people walking around in public (and driving) scares the bejeesus out of me.
God must have a sense of humor. Many of the same people who voted for the Big 0 are being hurt by his policies.
Facts clearly validate your argument, Jack...but the morons keep supporting/voting for the imbecile(s) even though he's(they're) really screwing them. Its like chickens voting for Col. Sanders...

Remember BENGHAZI!

One Trackback to “Best Anti-Obamacare Line Ever — Should Be the GOP’s Midterm Election Rallying Cry”