The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

October 25, 2013 - 8:35 am

Once Healthcare.gov’s technical problems get fixed, which at the current rate may happen around 2017, the real fun begins. Millions of Americans will learn just how much more Obamacare will force them to pay for the same or weaker coverage than they have now. Some of us warned that these days would come, while others who supported the law denied it.

Democrat Kirsten Powers is among the latter. Sticker shock greeted her once she finally managed to get through the exchange web site. Holding hands with Sticker Shock was its BFF, You Can’t Keep the Plan You Liked.

Powers is being kind at the end of the clip, when she notes that the reality of Obamacare’s higher premiums isn’t “quite the way they sold it.”

No, it’s nothing like “the way they sold it.” Obama sold his plan as one that would do the impossible. It can’t. Some of us saw this coming years ago and warned the country about it, but people like Powers shouted us down. Shockingly (not), I personally spent more than a year at the Texas GOP doing interview after interview about what a job-killing, economic mess Obamacare would be. Not a single reporter has come back to me to ask what it’s like to be proven so right.

What happens once millions of young, healthy people like Powers get through the dysfunctional exchange web site, find a plan that sort of suits them among the limited choices offered, and then see the price? Do they enroll for a heinously expensive plan they don’t really need, or do they balk and pay the fine and do what Obamacare now allows them to do — wait until they get sick to buy insurance? If they choose the latter, then Obamacare sends the U.S. health insurance industry into a death spiral. As some of us predicted.

"The TEA Party professes a love for the Constitution while ignoring two centuries of Supreme Court rulings on what the Constitution really means."
--------------------------------------

B. Obama professes a love for the Constitution while ignoring two centuries of Supreme Court rulings on what the Constitution really means.

THERE - I FIXED YOUR ERROR.

FWIW I doubt you know *anything* about the Tea Party. And where in the constitution does it guarantee health care for all?

Medicare and medicaid are both single payer insurance. If you think they are working so grandly then indeed - single payer isn't so bad. Those programs are being run poorly IMO - and the fraud that is committed on a daily basis generates little interest by the single payer (that would be government) in catching the fraudulent behavior.

I think the real question should be "Was our old health care system so bad that it could not be fixed"?

For years democrats stood in the way of tort reform and letting insurance companies sell plans across state lines - all with the vision of something like ObamaCare. So thats how we got to here. Is single payer next? I hope not. If the gov. ran a lemonade stand it would rival the costs of a new corner store to run it.

Ms Powers also once dated Anthony Weiner, so discernment is not her strongest attribute.

James
my best friend's step-mother makes $88/hour on the laptop. She has been without work for 10 months but last month her pay was $14500 just working on the laptop for a few hours. this article ......
my classmate's step-mother makes $61 an hour on the internet. She has been without work for ten months but last month her payment was $13315 just working on the internet for a few hours.......www.Bay95.com
my classmate's step-aunt makes $68 an hour on the laptop. She has been fired for 5 months but last month her income was $21037 just working on the laptop for a few hours. ........>>>>> www.jobs60.ℂom
Kirsten, you are certainly welcome to pay more all you want. Just don't ask me to pay more!
Google is paying 80$ per hour! Just work for few hours & spend more time with friends and family. Yesterday I bought a top of the range Lancia after having made $9458 this month. Its the most-financialy rewarding I've had. It sounds unbelievable but you wont forgive yourself if you don’t check it out www.Pow6.com
All this makes me long for the days when I was a kid and our family doc made house calls. This was around 1960, before Medicare and HMOs. How did we survive back then without help from Uncle Government?
Kirsten always talks out of both sides of her mouth.People who think like she does are the causes of all the Detroits,a rotten education system and the poor depending on Gov't to exist, and our Gov't heading towards socialism.The founding fathers would dip her in concrete and throw her in the Potomac river.
I deeply appreciate the work Kirsten did regarding the Gosnell nightmare, but most of the time I find her cloyingly sweet method of presenting her progressive ideology very annoying. So annoying, in fact, that I'm unable to control myself and end up shouting at the TV screen, saying things like "You can't be serious, Blondie!" And I gave up shouting at the TV after I no longer had to listen to constant Bush bashing.
Kirsten Powers said she was ok paying more if more people get health insurance. Sure, she won't feel the increased costs as she and her husband have two professional salaries. She doesn't care a nickel for the millions of Americans that are paying a lot more for health insurance with higher deductibles.
if the obombo admin. was a college football team they would be delegated to a conference somewhere in mexico, and then they would be in last place.

if the obombo admin. was a basketball team even Siberia would stomp them.

never, ever has any socialist/marxist program been successful at doing anything. yet, country after country keeps investing everything in futile attempts to make them work. now after decades of failure after failure, europe is now trying to get back to a more capitalistic system. what is it about planning for failure that makes it so appealing? I guess being less than educated or smart helps. what a bunch of maroons.
1 2 3 Next View All

One Trackback to “Obamacare Supporter Kirsten Powers: Obamacare Makes Me Pay More, Too”