The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

September 12, 2013 - 9:51 am

Today, Dallas resident Katrina Pierson announced that she is a candidate for the US House of Representatives.

Pierson explains her reasons for running in a Facebook post.

Today, I am proud to announce my candidacy for the United States Congress in Texas’ 32nd Congressional district.

I was raised in this district. It is my home. I have seen it grow into one of the most vibrant, influential areas in the country. Families of all backgrounds call this district home, raise families, and start businesses here. We represent the best of Texas.

But we are not represented by the best in Texas.

As you may know, today is also the one-year anniversary of the day the Benghazi cover-up began. Americans were killed. And corruption and cover-up once again reared their ugly head. Far too often politicians who have been in Washington too long put their interests ahead of us – my family – my neighbors. Their selfish, corrupt dealings are harming our freedoms and rapidly stripping us of our liberties that were bought at the ultimate price. Politicians who have been in Washington far too long — who once had the appearance of stellar voting records — have rapidly sacrificed their principles in the name of political expediency.

That’s why I’m running for Congress. Because, like you, I know we can do better. That our best days are not behind us. That the American people will not stand idly by while our country is lost to the least of its citizens.

The people of my hometown deserve an elected leader who will fight for them – a leader who won’t play the go-along-to-get along, business-as-usual politics that have been hurting this country for so long.

We have let this government go well beyond overreaching to the point they are literally in our homes and on our phones. The NSA and the IRS have actively targeted individual American citizens and journalists, violating First Amendment rights with reckless abandon and in Orwellian fashion. We are told this surveillance is necessary to keep Americans safe, but our federal government refuses to secure our borders. And now our President and some members of Congress, both Republican and Democrat, are trying to take our country to war in defense of the same terrorists who hurled hijacked planes full of American citizens into buildings in New York City. This can’t really be happening.

And there is perhaps no single government program that poses a greater threat to our life, liberty and prosperity than Obamacare. The House Republican leadership argues that we should stand down until we have a chance to repeal Obamacare, some years down the road. My message to them, and to my fellow Americans, is this: America can’t wait for 2017. Obamacare is already costing American jobs, and forcing many struggling Americans from full-time to part-time employment. America can’t wait, and shouldn’t have to wait. No more excuses. It’s time to defund Obamacare now.

This must stop. Today. And the citizens of the United States have the power to stop it. The revolution is already underway. But I believe that the darkest hour is before dawn. And the sunrise is just ahead.

And we will no longer settle for the illusion of freedom.

Our time has come.

It is up to us, the American people, to ensure the sun rises again on America.

I am living proof that anyone from any background can make a difference. When I arrived at my very first Tea Party in April of 2009, I stood at the podium as one of you: just a mom with no pedigree, just someone who refused to be a statistic. I was nothing more than a citizen of Dallas County who decided I had seen enough and I wanted my voice to be heard. We have come a long way since that Spring day in 2009, the day together we started a revolution across this country that has shaken the walls of Washington.

And we are not finished.

Will you join us? Will you help us save this greatest country in the world? We can do it.

The next chapter starts today, no more excuses!

Pete Sessions will be tough to beat; which would make victory taste that much sweeter.

End of RINOs. Death to the Republican Party. Long live the Tea Party.
I wish her all the best of luck. For the very little that its worth, she might try a campaign slogan along the lines of:
"I don't want to go to Washington to pass laws, I want to go there to repeal them."
Spineless Pete: the clock is ticking.
The Tea Party "is" the Republican Party. Its members are the majority. We will not be dissuaded, deluded, compromised, delayed, detoured, bought or lured away. We will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, negotiate at the table of corruption, hesitate in the presence of adversary or meander in the maze of mediocrity. We won't give up, shut up or let up because we're prayed up and suited up. You won't have any problem recognizing us!
I am glad Katrina Pierson chose to challenge Pete Sessions in the Republican primary. Pete Sessions is a loyal establishment type Republican first elected in 1996. I've volunteered in his campaigns in the past, but I believe in term limits and 18 years is long enough. We should recognize Pete's political skill in the 2010 House elections while also recognizing that we need principled leaders in Congress during this challenging time. It's unfair to call Pete Sessions a RINO, but he's been known to take unprincipled political shortcuts.
She would be a good person for the Federal government to send to the
negotiations with the Republic of Texas during the reformation of the USofA.
That's a lot of words to do no more than regurgitate the nothingburger scandals and proclaim "there is perhaps no single government program that poses a greater threat to our life, liberty and prosperity than Obamacare". I can't help but think there's millions of people that disagree. Are you against that government funded socialist ran health care for members of Congress as well?

Considering how these tea party types like to be so Constitutionally conscience, you do understand that it passed the House from representatives that ran on a campaign of reforming health care, passed the Senate who ran on a campaign of reforming heath care, signed by the Executive Branch that ran on a campaign of reforming health care, and was upheld by a rather right leaning and conservative friendly Judicial Branch. I mean, how much more Constitutional can you get? Doesn't your position somewhat defy that?

I might also ad that in case you didn't notice what happened in Nov, these same elected officials that ran on health care reform and enacted health care reform, gained seats in both upper and lower cambers while retaining the White House.
Until you hurdle the premiums, deductibles, and co-pays, "ObamaCare" doesn't get anyone closer to healthcare than I am closer to bagging Matthew McConaughey. ObamaCare is a health insurance mandate. Period.
I believe that the US Constitution prohibits Congress from passing a law that mandates that individuals buy a product. They could have passed a law with tax incentives to encourage people to buy health insurance, but they didn't have the votes. They didn't have votes for an expensive refundable tax credit to influence behavior of people who pay almost no income tax and a tax increase to pay for it.

The big scandal is it appears that the White House Counsel, later Obama campaign lawyer Robert Bauer used the power of multiple different federal agencies to target Catherine Engelbrecht of True the Vote. They thew everything they had at someone working to prevent election fraud. Why was Catherine worth that level of effort and political risk? Did Team Obama think they needed election fraud to win? That is a HUGE scandal worthy of thorough investigation.

The other big scandal is our President appears to have decided to let Americans die in Benghazi rather than admit that America was attacked by a militia. He clearly lied about the nature of the attack. There were clearly survivors that would need to transported from the country. He appears to have been more interested in reelection than doing his job.
"I believe that the US Constitution prohibits Congress from passing a law that mandates that individuals buy a product."

I don't know why you "believe" that.

I've read the Constitution. It's not difficult to understand for honest people.

Our Constitution prohibits our federal government form doing anything it is not explicitly authorized to do. It is not explicitly authorized to require any person to buy a product. In fact, it's not authorized to do... most of what it does.

It's really that simple.

I don't "believe" that. It's not my opinion. It's a fact. I know it, because it's in plain English.
Fact fail, logic fail, grammar/spelling fail.
Three strikes and you are out of credibility; Why bother to post, one wonders.
Fact fail, logic fail, grammar/spelling fail.
Now, what's wrong with that sentence? Perhaps another time we can discuss, "thar religion"?

I've read some of your stuff and have no interest in attempting to rationalize your logic.

Perhaps you can point out something in my comment that is inconsistent with facts, assuming you're above a throw-a-rock-and-run level. A useful hint might be to not misconstrue opinions with facts.
I like what I'm seeing here, keep us posted on this woman.

End of RINOs. Death to the Republican Party. Long live the Tea Party.
Not bad. Certainly fits with who she is.
Spineless Pete: the clock is ticking.
You might let her know that the Meet Katrina tab on her website doesn't work.
It's working fine at the moment.

I hope she gets more info on her positions on her website. It's pretty slim pickin's for anybody wanting to evaluate her candidacy.