The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

September 2, 2013 - 12:12 pm

The liberal congressman who famously said “Republicans want you to die quickly” during the original Obamacare debate has launched a website to try to rally opposition against intervention in Syria.

Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) launched dontattacksyria.com, which surpassed its original goal of 15,000 signatures and is now shooting for 25,000.

“The Administration is considering intervening in the Syrian civil war. We oppose this. There’s no vital national security involved. We are not the world’s policeman, nor its judge and jury,” states the petition. “Our own needs in America are great, and they come first. The death of civilians is always regrettable, and civil war is regrettable, but no Americans have been attacked, and no American allies have been attacked. The British Parliament understandably has voted not to join in any attack. Notably, defense contractor Raytheon’s stock is up 20% in the last 60 days. It seems that nobody wants US intervention in Syria except the military-industrial complex. I oppose US military intervention in Syria. Join me.”

Grayson said today on CNN that he hasn’t heard anything at administration briefings on Syria to change his mind.

“It’s not our responsibility. It’s not going to do any good. It’s dangerous and it’s expensive. Nothing the president says changes any of those facts,” the congressman said.

“Actually, there’s only four countries in the world that have chemical weapons. The largest of the four is the United States. So are we trying to send a message to ourselves? That’s not logical,” he continued. “I’ve heard that theory before somehow one country’s actions will affect another country’s and another country’s and another country’s. It’s just the domino argument again. We’ll call it the bombino argument. It’s not logical, doesn’t make any sense.”

Grayson said the first 10,000 signatures on his petition flowed in within the first 24 hours.

“We’re not the world’s policeman. We’re not the world’s judge, jury or executioner. No one else in the world does things like this, and there’s no reason why we should. We have 20 million people in this country who are looking for full-time work. Let’s tend our own garden for a change,” he said.

Grayson said that in the ultimate vote on the authorization of force, lawmakers will vote according to “what makes sense for them representing their districts.”

“In my district if you ask people where does Syria fall on your list of concerns, it wouldn’t even be in the top 100,” he added.

In July, Grayson vowed that he’d be more bipartisan this term while calling Republicans “callous, bigoted tools.”

Bridget Johnson is a career journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

Grayson is lying liberal scum and he's running for re-election in 2014. He's a member, in Florida, of the Party of Corruption.

It irritates me that he is using some of my arguments against intervention in Syria....makes me want to take a shower! I certainly wouldn't sign his petition under any circumstances.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­▬

my friend's aunt makes $74 hourly on the laptop. She has been laid off for seven months but last month her pay check was $19184 just working on the laptop for a few hours. you can try this out

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­▬
The sides are forming Alan. Shame, I liked Victor, but he made a very bad decision in life to tie himself to your hitch. I guess when you commit fraud and have your Virginia license to practice law taken away that anyone would get desperate. I have secured funding and now the attorneys, to include some of Ben DiMuros pals are wanting a slice of pie! Wonder if O'Grady is going to recuse himself from yet another one of my frivolous law suits that the 4th circuit will ultimate reverse! LOL losers. Are you getting to spend more time with Barney Frank at Fire Island now that he is retired? How did you pay off Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair and the WSJ to call you the one man war on contractor fraud when you have never won a qui tam case, never have recovered one dime for the American taxpayer. You are flim flam a big sham and I am going to own you in the courtroom. Knock Knock - who dar - the IRS!!!!!
Dear Alan Mark Grayson (My former lead attorney Ubl v IIF Data Solutions)

Is putting a gun to a persons head a civil act?

Very difficult to believe anything coming out of the mouth of a fraud

I issued you and your partner Victor Kubli a $12.5 million demand letter. DO you intend on paying me for taking a $2.5 million dollar side deal and throwing me under the bus after a settlement was constructed and executed in Judge Jones chambers?

You upset the defamation league during your first term and as an atheist, Christian hating and verbally abusive, secular humanist, now want to play super Jew. It is a Jewish New Year. I suggest you get to synagogue and rethink how thin and transparent your disgusting narcissism precedes you.

You can expect a legal malpractice claim against you and Victor soon. By the way, looks like the IRS charges I brought against you are sticking you creep.

Explain to the American people how [you] the smartest man in the room with a Harvard JD and degree in economics was involved in the millions of dollars laundered through the Derivium Ponzi scheme and how you were a part of it, but lo and behold Markie was a victim. If you with your big degrees are so ignorant to be a victim of a ponzi that has 5th grader written all over it, how can you be trusted to represent our tax dollars?

See you in the court room chump.

Geez, agreeing with Grayson gives me a very unclean feeling.

And BTW Alan, we are destroying our chemical weapons. It's a long process.
Grayson sure packs some kooky lies in thete.
Makes you wonder what kind of party can't find a better candidate than him.
He's an embarrassment to whatever planet he's from; I'm sure it's one of the big, gassy ones.
Uh, I guess you haven't heard of Cynthia McKinney? Or her replacement, Hank Johnson?