The PJ Tatler

Stephen Green

August 5, 2013 - 8:50 am

At long last laughs:

“People always say to me, they say, `Hey, Letterman,’ they say. `Why don’t you make jokes about Obama?’ And I say, `All right, I’ll tell you why. I don’t make jokes about him because I don’t want the FBI tapping my phone,”‘ he said.

Leno tapped into the same idea with a different story: “I was going to start off tonight with an Obama joke, but I don’t want to get audited by the IRS, so forget that.”

Obama plans to make his own appearance on Leno’s “Tonight” show on Tuesday.

Democrats were the target of 713 jokes between January and June 2013, compared to 417 gags about Republicans, the study said.

That’s a big change from 2012, but then there was an election that year.

Stephen Green began blogging at VodkaPundit.com in early 2002, and has served as PJMedia's Denver editor since 2008. He's one of the hosts on PJTV, and one-third of PJTV's Trifecta team with Scott Ott and Bill Whittle. Steve lives with his wife and sons in the hills and woods of Monument, Colorado, where he enjoys the occasional lovely adult beverage.

Preference cascade.

It took them a while, and Obama had to stay the stupid wrecker course so well that even Letterman can see the fecal matter hit the fan blades.

What next? A Senate that would actually do its job and impeach this mole?
Too little too late.
I'll believe it when SNL starts skewering Obama on a weekly basis like Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney.
obama's joke, but he sure isn't funny
Jay noted that somewhere around 2003, he got a lot of flack from his Hollywood pals about having a more-or-less even split between Dem and Rep barbs. So he started focusing almost exclusively with jabs about Republicans. (This was shortly after Ah-nold announced his candidacy on the Tonight Show.) Apparently, Gray Davis' buddies were tired of Davis being continually bashed.

Leno stopped being balanced, and stopped being funny at about the same time. Coincidence? I think not!
Bet the farm the usual liberal pundits will parrot 'See? There's no liberal media bias! The late night comedians make just as many jokes, if not more, about Obama as they have about any previous Republican President!"