The PJ Tatler

Rick Moran

July 28, 2013 - 6:44 am

If Nixon had tried something like this, he would have rightly been branded a “rogue president.”

Jackie Calmes, a first-class political reporter working for the New York Times, actually had the gall to ask the president if he had consulted White House lawyers on the constitutionality of unilaterally delaying the employer mandate in Obamacare.

Obama’s answer would have been worthy of King George, or perhaps a meglomaniacal dictator — not a servant of the people in a great republic.

Byron York writes:

In an interview after his speech Wednesday in Galesburg, Illinois, President Obama was asked if he consulted White House lawyers before unilaterally delaying the employer mandate in Obamacare. Since Congress, in the Affordable Care Act, specified that the mandate is go to into effect at the start of next year, reporters from the New York Times asked if the president investigated whether he had the legal authority to put it off without going through Congress.

Obama didn’t exactly answer the question. But judging from what he said, his answer was: No, I didn’t consult White House lawyers because I know a lot more about the Constitution than the Republicans who are complaining about it. And besides, they don’t think I’m legitimately the president, anyway.

“People questioned your legal and constitutional authority to do that unilaterally — to delay the employer mandate,” asked the Times’ Jackie Calmes. “Did you consult with your lawyer?”

“Jackie, if you heard me on stage today, what I said was that I will seize any opportunity I can find to work with Congress to strengthen the middle class, improve their prospects, improve their security,” Obama began.

“No, but specifically — ” Calmes interjected.

“But where Congress is unwilling to act,” Obama continued, “I will take whatever administrative steps that I can in order to do right by the American people.”

At that point, Obama explained that if Congress doesn’t like what he’s done, then lawmakers can try to do something about it. “I’m not concerned about their opinions,” the president said. “Very few of them, by the way, are lawyers, much less constitutional lawyers.” And some Republicans “think I usurp my authority by having the gall to win the presidency.”

Methinks the president should not be using the word “gall” when talking about his unilateral action in superseding the Congress and taking the questionable constitutional step of delaying the mandate using his executive authority.

Has there been anything more revealing of Obama’s attitude toward the Constitution? Democracy is hard work. Getting Congress to do a president’s bidding takes time, patience, and a determination that President Obama lacks. He wants to take shortcuts because he believes his executive authority can give him the immediate gratification he covets. And besides, who is the Congress to lecture him about the Constitution?

"He didn't check with the lawyers because:"

4) He already believes he's a dictator
He didn't check with the lawyers because:

1) They would tell him exactly what he wants to hear anyway

2) This was not a legal decision but a political one, designed to take away as much ObamaCare pain to the economy as possible until just after the 2014 election, a trick he and the media used in multiple ways on many issues before the 2012 election.

3) He thinks the Constitution is a flawed document because it doesn't give him the power to re-distribute other people's money, so why should he care what it says anyway?
"And some Republicans “think I usurp my authority by having the gall to win the presidency.”

Has there been a sorrier comment by a President ever in the history of the US? Petulance, immaturity, delusion, deviousness and just total crap. What an embarrassment. It doesn't even make any sense if you try to take it at face value.
my co-worker's sister makes $65/hr on the computer. She has been unemployed for ten months but last month her check was $14121 just working on the computer for a few hours. Read more on this web site http://www.wep6.com

By any means necessary.

I really wonder if he will step down after his term ends or not. Extending his term would only be an administrative step, after all.
it would only take an executive order .
obama relied on valerie jarrett agreeing with him .
How about impeachment for a starter, and his mind set proves a callous disregard for upholding his oath of office.
He's our lord and master, why would that despot need to ask for advice he's the smartest man in the world just ask the Obama media?
He actually does not need to, and here is the why!

Yes, America is Still in an Official State of Emergency Global Research, February 11, 2010

Conspiracy nonsense.
Silly nonsense.

An official state of emergency is not a "do whatever the hell you want" license, it is a condition under which certain other specified powers are available, to deal with specific emergency.

People like Revolution76 have been telling me for 11 years now that we're about to be arrested and marched off to the FEMA concentration camps.

Hasn't happened, won't happen. But you'll never hear them admit to being wrong.
I do not believe that just because it will not actually come to fruition (re-education camps) does not make the idea "silly"; the "progressives" have already shown that they will do ANYTHING to further their despicable agenda. It is only prudent to not put anything beyond the scope of deplorable progressive possibilities.,,,but, that's just my opinion.

Remember BENGHAZI!
Do you read? You should try it some times before commenting. This is how it works, and are facts. Like you even read it! You are the one full of nonsense!
I read it. Silly nonsense.
He didn't check with the lawyers because:

1) They would tell him exactly what he wants to hear anyway

"He didn't check with the lawyers because:"

4) He already believes he's a dictator
The dope is a megalomaniac, a bd combination with stupidity.
"There are some good people. But a good chunk of them will lie for no reason at all … They just lie because that's what they do." - John Cusack

Like most of Hollywood, John Cusack is a Lib and wouldn't criticize his glorious leader - but this quote sums up my feelings about BHO (except the "good people" part). Whenever I hear him speaking, it's all I can do to refrain from yelling "Liar!" at the TV or radio.
"questionable constitutional step of delaying the mandate using his executive authority."
He does NOT have the authority ... period; but he knows that congress is NOT a check on his actions and neither are the Supremes. THAT the real wake-up call for us!!!
1 2 Next View All