The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

July 26, 2013 - 8:36 am

In a statement today, the Conservative Hispanic Society is going on offense against offensive Democrats. The statement, written by CHS Executive Director Chris Salcedo, says that the society is “saddened and outraged” at behavior exhibited by Democrats Anthony Weiner and San Diego Mayor Bob Filner. Weiner is wrapped up in his second sexting scandal in two years, while Filner is being exposed as a serial abuser and harasser of women working for, or anywhere near, him.

The CHS statement blasts Weiner as “the Democrats’ new superhero, the Overt Pervert. He displays supernatural levels of arrogance and lack of shame” for refusing to drop out of New York’s mayoral race “even after it was revealed that he continued the deviant behavior of sexting grotesque pictures of his manhood to women.” The latest woman, Sydney Leathers, says that Weiner describes himself as a “dirty old man” who is “perpetually horny.” Leathers says that Weiner is both of those things, adding that he began to behave in a jealous and controlling manner as their online sexting relationship progressed.

The CHS statement says that “CHS condemns the leaders of the Democrats’ war on women. We call on Filner to resign and Weiner to drop” out of the New York mayoral Democratic primary.

Weiner’s poll numbers have dropped sharply with the new revelations. After TheDirty.com exposed his relationship with Leathers, Weiner has admitted to having at least two other online relationships after previous sexting led to his resignation from Congress, and he claimed to be a healed man. He led the pack of candidates last week at 25%, but has dropped to 16% support and third place.

More: Hispanic Weiner Rival Objects: ‘Carlos Danger’ Is Racist!

How about "Faith in the Human Spirit?"
"he continued the deviant behavior of sexting grotesque pictures of his manhood to women.”

Wrong.

He sent pictures of his genitalia.

He doesn't HAVE any "manhood".

But aside from that obvious fact, any male who thinks his penis is his "manhood" is sick a little boy who has no clue what it means to be a MAN.
They have chosen to organize themselves and be a voice for conservative Hispanics. What would you have them call their organization?
This kind of behavior by a Republican almost always ends in the destruction of their political careers when it is a Democrat it becomes a resume enhancer so says Rush and I agree.
I agree. Personally, I had enough of this Irish-American, African-American, Chinese-American, etc. nonsense. Are we Americans? Do we want to be a UNION? Are those whose ancestors settled in Texas in 1635 "Hispanics"? Why don't they call Wiener a Jewish-American all the time? or his wife a Pakistani-American? Or Hillary and English-American? etc. I am officially "Hispanic" although I have ancestors in Cork (Ireland), Glasgow (Scotland), Genova (Italy) and perhaps all over Europe if one digs deep enough. I never even considered to vote in lockstep with what is expected from my "group". Having said that I encourage everyone in my "group" to be Conservative because I know that will serve us better both as Americans and also as Americans of Hispanic heritage.
Much ado...oh that Shakesjavelin.
The Libertines just do not care. It is the very definition of Libertine. Do not get between them and their sex. Such people will vote for someone like Wiener, BECAUSE he does this. They cheer for him.

This is wasting your virtual ink. Those who can understand what you're saying are already repelled by these people and their shameful acts. You are speaking Greek to such Libertines.

There is a good reason why God eliminated Sodom and Gomorrah, because even He, the Almighty, could not save them. There was no longer a redeeming quality amongst them. They were utterly and totally lost to morality.
Good for them. We need more people who are unwilling to excuse his lewd behavior.
I guess no one perceives him as Jewish (including him unless he needed the Rabbi prop in the last photo shoot), so I should try to be less mortified by his behavior.
so tell me why dems are upset with Filner and Weiner.

isn't this just sex, and doesn't everyone do it, and doesn't everyone lie, and wouldn't some women gladly have gotten on their monica kneepads.

Oh that is right, there are some lines that even dems won't cross.

But that reminds me of why lab rats are more well respected than lawyers and politicians. Because with rats, you know there are some things that they just wont do.

Wrong.

He sent pictures of his genitalia.

He doesn't HAVE any "manhood".

The name "Conservative Hispanic Society" is an oxymoron. No one I think of having true conservative values huddles by race. Is that the "one true Scotsman?" Maybe, but it is the standard I hold others to, since I will not indulge in the act myself. But who knows how long that will last if I am forced to do what Romans do?
"No true Scotsman." No edit function.
I get your point but if conservative values are rooted in notions of personal responsibility and freedom, then we are all free to make associations based on shared heritage or other common factors and interests - as most of us do. The problem comes in when the purpose of those associations is to seek special treatment or preferred status from government.

You can bet that the amnesty-grievance-progressive groups who huddle around the tag of "hispanic" will be calling them out using the "no true Scotsman" fallacy - precisely because they might endanger their own political ambitions for special treatment.
Great. Let me know when you have a white's only mystery anthology. Should make for some great reading, cuz all ethnic groups write different and think different and open catsup bottles differently.
You lost me.
I know. That's because we fail to think about where a road leads when identity trumps principle. The problem does not come in the form of special treatment. The problem comes in thinking like that in the first place. Any institutionalizing of ethnicity is a form of depravity when it comes to American values. An Hispanic ethnic caucus is no different from a whites-only Oscars. For some reason we think of the two differently; they are not. In the 60s we did all we could to undo that type of thinking. Now we are indulging in it once again.
OK I guess. But where does the road lead when we are forced or expected to act in ways that demonstrate purity of principle to your satisfaction and avoid any social constructs that could be interpreted as lacking those principles. Seems just as awful in the end. I think I will stick with my argument that the possibility of government conferred special treatment is the problem. In the absence of that, I welcome ethnic grouping to share their particular view of conservative principles in a free society - and with the hopes that I can get invited to some interesting weddings and enjoy the variety of customs, food, music and drink - and even dancing if I have enough of that last one.
So you allow for no "birds of a feather flock together" comaraderie at all? And after whites are a minority do you think there might not be a yearning for such flocking? Not saying I don't agree with you, just wondering.
Methinks the point is to emphasize birds flocking to principle, which, in America, is a fine place for all to congregate, if you can keep it. No secret handshakes, no chorizo y libertad. Whether "whites" are a minority or not. Content of character, PERIOD. Melanin Content: Irrelevant. Heritage: Coffee Table Book Material.
How about "Faith in the Human Spirit?"
With all due respect, how about simply the Conservative Society? Certainly, "free...associations based on shared heritage or other common factors and interests" is great and an original part of why America rules the Nine Realms, or at least used too. But would it not be better to strictly stay on point with principles and principles only?

Isn't ascribing identity where it is wholly irrrelevant what butters the Treyvonista's bread and circuses? Principles matter. Personal identity comes after principles. And without well reasoned principles, personal identity naturally devolves into the untethered façade covering over the burned out shells of those easily swayed by the duplicity of those far more predatory in their intentions.