The PJ Tatler

Further Facebook Follies

What is Facebook doing?

Charlie Martin

July 24, 2013 - 7:12 am

An email I just sent to my press contact at Facebook:

I just got the following from Michael Z Williamson:

We removed this from Facebook because it violates our Community Standards:

I think we can be bigger than the niggardly diggers looking for reasons to be offended. Post with vigor about chiggers and riggers and giggers.

Of course, there have been recent stories about Kirk Cameron’s problems, eg, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ 2013/07/23/kirk-cameron- unstoppable-facebook-ban_n_ 3639835.html

With these in mind, I’d like to repeat my questions from last week:

1. Is saying “chigger” really more offensive than the “Kill Zimmerman” page that Facebook refuses to remove? See this facebook search: https://www.facebook.com/ search/str/Kill%20Zimmerman/ pages-named
  2. Is “chigger” really more offensive than the multiple uses of the “n-word”? https://www.facebook.com/ search/str/nigger/pages-named
  3. What is Facebook’s procedure for dealing with reports of abuse?

Since my first piece, I’ve had a number of other people of conservative bent contact me about apparently innocuous posts that have been removed, and a whole bunch of people who have contacted me about the “Kill Zimmerman” pages which Facebook repeatedly has refused to remove, saying they don’t violate community standards. So I’d like to ask a fourth question:

4. Can Facebook positively state that they are not targeting “conservative” posters, and demonstrate this by noting some “liberal” postings that have been removed in error?

(Updated with a link to the first story, for convenience.)

Charlie Martin writes on science, health, culture and technology for PJ Media. Follow his 13 week diet and exercise experiment on Facebook and at PJ Lifestyle

Mavrocket, this "drop out" strategy is what conservatives have been pursuing for decades, and as a result have lost the courts, the media, the entertainment industry, the schools, the churches, corporate boards, and just about every other influential institution.
Reminda me of the story, back in he 60s, where the mamma dog, recenty reminded of Pee Cee spech by the government is running through this pasture withher son whn he stops suddenly and starts sratching like crazy.
she goes back to him and says What's the matter son ? He replys, I got a chigger mama.
Whereupon she bats him on the head and says, I told you to always say Chigro ! About the same sense used today.
Zuckerman is a personal friend (if he has one) of the SLITWH * and so slants comments and edits out anything that refers to that regal presence as less than God-like.
* Serial Liar In The White House
But the Zuck is not niggardly. He contributes heavily to his deity, Obama.
He IS something like a chigger though, in that he causes your skin to itch.
I don't know about being a gigger, because he seldom comments in his own name. Therefre he dosen't gig anyone.
Hope I cleared that up.
Itseasy to file lawsuits in this country. So how about anytime facebook invalidly deletes a conservative post, hit them with alawsuit. If you file it yourself, with no legal support, it costs you nothing, but their high priced lawyers still must defendt it. And if you live in a red state, you can file the lawsuit there, and they have to travel there, and with a conservative jury you might even win. Silicon valley leftists are also capitalists, and once the bottom line feels something, they will reconsider.
I don't think it was 'chigger' that offended them. I think someone reported you because they were unaware of what the word 'niggardly' means...unless that comment came after something about chiggers?
I didn't have many kind words for fb having done so...particularly when I located on fb (and posted the link to) an aspiring rapper whose language makes anything Mikey might say look tame.
How about creating a Facebook page titled "Kill Z....Zuckerman or Zimmerman" and then run a contest to determine the 'people's choice.' I wonder how long such a page would stay up?
The purpose of all Leftist organizations--like Facebook--is to enforce Leftist morality. The tool is to label enemies of Leftism as racist, sexist, homophobes, etc. The goal is to ban all thought, all dissent, all humanity.

Facebook encodes in C, PHP, and Javascript Leftist tyranny.
Political correctness has no logical or rational end-point, largely because it is not based on logic or even slightly rational thinking, but completely relies on the feelings of a few elites who are the gatekeepers of politically correct thought and expression. It therefore can only be enforced in a capricious and arbitrary manner and is thus a form of tyranny. Don't bother trying to explain this to the elites and their supporters. They are have thought this through and are fully aware of the origins and consequences of power-based control of language, having been schooled in this by the Germans of the 1930's and their Eastern European counterparts beyond the Iron Curtain. They know. And they don't care. Time to read Clausewitz.
Niggardly *used* to be one of my favorite adjectives. Stout Old Norse roots, totally unrelated to the dread word that Blacks use constantly, but Whites better not even admit to saying it 80 years ago.
As for chiggers, well, the Facebook people are probably all from up North and don't actually know what a chigger is. This word's origin is probably the Caribbean islands; however, the same pest is in Africa, where it is called a Jigger. I refer to them as "venomous insect bites".
Unfortunately liberals want to dictate our vocabulary words. For example, apparently the word 'spook' may be off limits now as well. So now we cater to those who are easily offended and have limited vocabularies. (Don't make a drawing of a gun or another religion's prophets either or the thought police will get you. So much for freedom of expression.) For some incidents about use of the word 'niggardly' (which means stingy):
If you can't say "chigger", then what are you supposed to call the little red, bitey bastards?
I call them democrats...
You might try "Chegro", but only around people with a great sense of humor.
That's what we call them here at Castle Argghhh Farm! Chiggers are evil little bugs.
1 2 Next View All