The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

July 23, 2013 - 3:08 pm

The notoriously private Huma Abedin stepped to the microphone at a hastily called press conference a short time ago to defend her husband, Anthony Weiner, as a new round of racy chat messages and lewd photos surfaced.

At a podium with a campaign sign tacked on the front, Abedin, clad in black, stood uncomfortably by Weiner’s side as he read from his prepared statement and added some impromptu remarks. At times, she forced a smile.

“To some degree, with 49 days left until primary day, I’m surprised this didn’t come out sooner,” Weiner said before dismissing as old news the chats, under which he used the screen name “Carlos Danger,” suggested getting a Chicago apartment for his anonymous chat friend so they could carry on an affair and said he could help her get a blogging j0b at Politico.

“Things are not that much more different than they were yesterday,” the New York mayoral candidate said, stressing that to the couple the latest revelation “doesn’t represent all that much that is new.”

He acknowledged “some of these things happened before my resignation; some of these things happened after.”

“I’m pleased and blessed that she has given me a second chance,” Weiner said before telling Abedin “how sorry I am that I did these things.”

“This was a very public thing that we had happen to us,” he added before turning the podium over to his wife.

With Weiner standing over her shoulder, Abedin nervously noted that it was the first time she’d spoken at a press conference despite hitting the campaign trail with him on neighborhood stops.

She said the sexting marked the “beginning of a time in our marriage that was very difficult and it took us a very long time to get through it.”

“It took a lot of work and a whole lot of therapy to get to a place where I could forgive him. It was not an easy choice,” Abedin continued, saying she decided to stay with Weiner “for me, for our son and for our family.”

“I didn’t know how it would work out but I did know I wanted to give it a try,” she said. Of the racy chats, she added, “I do strongly believe that is between us and our marriage.”

“I love him, I have forgiven him, I believe in him.”

Weiner took a handful of questions, saying Abedin “knew all along this process” of the yet-to-be-revealed cheating. “As I was more and more honest with her I told her everything.”

“It’s in our rearview mirror but it’s not far,” he added.

When asked if this meant he’ll be dropping out of the mayor’s race, Weiner said, “I’m sure many of my opponents would like me to drop out of the race.”

When asked to explain his original statements that “some things that have been posted today are true and some are not,” Weiner refused to “get into a back and forth with people releasing things” and commenting on “whether they’re true or not.”

Bridget Johnson is a veteran journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She is an NPR contributor and has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

"“This was a very public thing that we had happen to us,” he added"

Typical Democrat. He does something vile, and it's something that "happened to us".

No, YOU did it.
>>“This was a very public thing that we had happen to us,” he added ...

The dishonesty of this statement is breathtaking. He should not be re-elected to any public office for the pure passive voiced denial of responsibility.
Oh, Carlos be careful what you display
As you just give your smallness away
up to I saw the draft saying $4878, I did not believe ...that...my brother could really earning money part-time at there labtop.. there aunts neighbour has done this for only about nine months and resently paid for the loans on their villa and bourt themselves a Subaru Impreza. I went here, http://www.wep6.com
my classmate's aunt makes $81/hr on the internet. She has been unemployed for seven months but last month her pay check was $20016 just working on the internet for a few hours. Read more on this web site... www.Can99.com
Hey Huma, you married this man, and if you want to be abused by him, then just accept it and shut the f. up.

You are no better than Hillary and her war room to wage a war on women that were abused by Bill.
"notoriously private"??? really? seems to me these "spouses of addicts" become empty suit spokespeople after their partner has done just about all they can do to humiliate them in public. I wonder how Mr. Wiener will improve upon his impulses when he holds unlimited power in the office he seeks. Wow. I shudder to think.
Pack it up, Boner Boy, ant take your greedy wife with you.
Okay now, don't get me started on Huma (aka Humala) as she is well known without a certain blog. Seek, and you shall find, why electing her 'hubby' as Mayor would be VERY dangerous for NYC, which is coincidentally my hometown - http://adinakutnicki.com/2012/11/07/spotlight-on-huma-abedin-islamist-infiltration-in-washington-arabmuslim-world-turning-up-the-heat-via-bengazigate-addendum-to-hillary-takes-the-fall-but-there-is-a-silver-lining-sp/

HINT: Let there be no doubt, Huma is a mobbed up Brotherhood/Sisterhood Mafia diva! Don't be fooled by her outer package.

Adina Kutnicki, Israel http://adinakutnicki.com/about/
"As I was more and more honest with her I told her everything" Translation: I waited to see what all was going to come out. Scumbag.

If New York elects this sissy, graba$$t!c dooshbag, then they deserve what they get....in addition to never ending ridicule.

Remember BENGHAZI
"“This was a very public thing that we had happen to us,” he added"

No, YOU did it.
It's all the fault of a rogue d!ldo....er, volunteer,.... I mean, it's a right wing conspiracy...er, I mean Peyronie's Disease, oh, no, wait that's Bill....oh hell with it....I'm a DAMN DEMOCRAT AND I'M ENTITLED!!!!! VOTE FOR WEINER or, "dick for short" I'm begging you - just think about what my poor wife had to do to get Her Thighness on our side...eeewwwwww

Remember BENGHAZI!
He is an absolute disgrace. Can we get him a bit part on Hung or a phone sex line or is he planning to do this after he's elected? While he's mayor?
1 2 3 Next View All