The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

July 8, 2013 - 11:22 am

Texas Gov. Rick Perry touted the Texas economic record en route to announcing that he will not seek re-election as Texas governor today. When his current term ends Perry will have served as governor for 14 years, by far the longest stretch for governor in a state that rarely re-elects its top official.

The governor quoted Ecclesiastes 3 as he made his announcement: “To everything there is a season,” Perry quoted as he announced that he will pass on the torch of leadership to a new generation. He told the audience in San Antonio and live streamed on the Internet that he will spend the next 18 months leading the state and assessing his future options, leaving the possibility of another run for president open. Perry said that he will announce such plans “in due time.”

Perry’s move opens the door for Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst and Attorney General Greg Abbott, among others, to vie for governor.

Perry’s tenure has been marked by extraordinary success for the Lone Star State. Texas has been hailed as the top state for business development for about a decade and has created more jobs than any other state. It has been the fastest growing state and has become the nation’s second most populous state under Perry’s watch. Republicans have gained a strong hold on all statewide offices and both houses of the state legislature.

More: Attorney General Abbott was very quick to thank Gov. Perry.

More: MSNBC’s Melissa Harris-Perry wasn’t the first to beclown herself over Gov. Perry’s announcement, but she is the most effective so far.

my classmate's mother-in-law makes $75 every hour on the internet. She has been fired from work for 9 months but last month her income was $12112 just working on the internet for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more... www.Can99.com
If he became president,we would go from one ideologue to another.
I wish he really were an ideologue, of the right kind.

I'm thinking of someone along the lines of our Founders. Or at least a Reagan.

The problem with Perry is that he's a politician, not a statesmen. Oh, he may be a very good politician, but I think we've had enough politicians.
LIVEBLOG: Texas Senate committee hears abortion legislation BY BOBBY BLANCHARD ON JULY 8, 2013

I hope Perry runs for Prez. I think his record in Texas is undisputable and the country would more than likely find his plain spoken rhetoric delightful after eight years of Obama's on-the-prompter phoniness and his off-the-cuff idiocy. I just hope that we can be a bit more unified this time and that the TV primary debates don't present so many candidates milling around aimlessly, like hungry cats in a kitchen full of delicious aromas.
He called me "heartless" for not wanting to grant in-state tuition to illegal aliens. I live near the border and I do everything I can for my Mexican friends and family. Screw him.
With Perry as governor all my friends are working. I just got a promotion and raise. I'm working 60 hour weeks with no end in sight—we keep getting new projects faster than we can work them and are having to sub-contract out our work. Sigh. I want some time off——will it never end? Gregg Abbot and David Dewhurst are likely to be just as bad for vacationing and freeloading as Perry.
Sen. Ted Cruz Speaks at First Baptist Dallas

Dear Texans, please welcome Governor Greg Abbott!

Bye Rick, you did some things right and then others not so much.
Oooh! The rest of the country is in for a treat, if he goes for President.

It's fun living in a state with growing businesses, stable families, and upward mobility for all.

And, silly, this is the state that sent LBJ to the Presidency. The Lege is conservative because Perry put it on his back, and ran to the conservative finish line- that's a football metaphor, if you don't know.

Wow, now ya'll won't have to pull up stakes and move away from your extended family to come to the state with all the rattlesnakes, coral snakes, cottonmouths... you can stay home and have jobs, if he wins.

You are in for a treat. I'm excited for you.

I wonder who we'll elect next- Mr Abbott- lead plaintiff fighting Obamacare, or Mr Dewhurst- a vastly successful businessman and politician? Wouldn't you like to have those sorts of choices- two great politicians- either of whom is great at everything they do?

Good grief at Melissa Harris Perry. Now I understand why Gay Patriot coined the term "twatwaffle".
1 2 Next View All