The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

July 2, 2013 - 11:36 am

A vignette from what has become an ugly week in Texas.

State senator Donna Campbell, who issued the third point of order against Davis’s filibuster (which ended it), has also been the target of extensive verbal abuse from pro-choice protesters, according to her spokesman Jon Oliver.

They’ve received Facebook messages and e-mails saying, “I hope you’re raped” and “I hope your daughter’s raped,” Oliver tells me.

“Lots of language — ‘You’re an effin’ blank,’ ‘You are a traitor to women’ — those kind of things,” Oliver says. “I wouldn’t say anything’s necessarily a direct threat, but they’re the kind of e-mails that make you a little nervous, especially when you start talking about family members: ‘I hope your family members are raped.’”

Dr. Campbell, an ER physician in Austin, is a wife and a mother. The national media have not lionized Dr. Campbell for standing up. They are not writing about her shoes or her courage. There has been no campaign to fill her office with flowers.

President Obama tweeted during Davis’ filibuster:

Threatening rape against women of faith and their families: Now seen as “special” by the President of the United States.

The Texas Democratic Party and their ilk have taken to the slogan “Stand with Texas Women” during the battle over SB5. Here we have its allies pining for rape for Texas female leadership and their families. The Texas Democratic Party, as is its wont, has remained silent and is too cowardly to stand up against its own internal war on women.

Donna Campbell, I salute you. It takes courage to stand up to these thugs. May you continue to stay safe and strong.

Something special is happening in Austin tonight? The Prezzy is standing with Wendy, a woman who thinks a limit on abortion at 20 weeks is too restrictive? Do I have this right? And yet, they are the "popular" ones, the celebrities. Good grief.
The Left is getting more and more vile every day.
If she is "a traitor to women", doesn't it make the "pro-choice" crowd "traitors to children"? And can we please dispense with the euphamism of "choice"? The one person who literally has the "most skin in the game" (the infant) does not get a choice.
is there any proof to what Mr. Oliver says? We only have what he says...and did the President really state he was supporting the rape of women of faith? That comment is just beyond the pale.
In the U S, approximately 625,000 girls are killed in abortion clinics every year. That's about 1700 just today. Now who is it that is a 'traitor to women'?
Are those numbers for real? They seem pretty high. Do they include the fetuses, plus the women who die from the procedure?

I'd really like to find the source so I can quote them the next time some Lefty starts mouthing off about the number of "children" killed by guns each year.

These people make me physically ill. Imagine-just for one minute, if you will, if someone told a black democrat they hoped her daughter was raped. How many front pages would that be on? What would the President have to say about that? I truly do hope revolution is coming. I would LOVE to live in a truly conservative country and let the blue states go their own way.
The Left is getting more and more vile every day.
But choice sounds so much more nice than baby murder.

Something I've been wondering is, prior to the invention of baby formula, would pro-abortionists believe it is ethical for a woman to deny her baby to breast-feed, even if it would result in the infant's death ("my body, my choice")?

One Trackback to “Pro-Abortion Protesters Threaten Female Texas State Senator: ‘I hope you’re raped.’”