The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

May 10, 2013 - 2:16 pm

Secretary of State John Kerry said in a Google+ hangout today that he didn’t follow this week’s Benghazi hearing but doesn’t think there was anything new to learn from it.

But he has formed the opinion that Benghazi is inextricably linked with diplomatic efforts to develop the global marketplace.

“I obviously was on the road all of last week. And so I didn’t see the hearings. But I followed them, and I’m getting a summary report of everything that’s taken place,” Kerry said in the online event called “The U.S. and the World: What’s In It for Us?” hosted by MSNBC’s Andrea Mitchell.

“What I’ve seen thus far, I have to tell you, after all of the hearings that I took part in as chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee, all of the briefings that I took part in, many of which were classified, I really haven’t learned anything new,” he said.

Kerry called Benghazi a “terrible event” and a “terrorist attack.”

“We all understand that,” he said.

“And obviously, it’s emotional, but so is losing, you know, our ambassador, so is losing two members of our former armed forces who were providing security, and so is losing our employee who was there doing an extraordinary job on communications,” saying he had “respect” for the whistleblowers who testified.

“…There’s so many values that we are struggling to try to carry out to the world in many different ways. And to bring it to a more prosaic place, we are living in a very new global marketplace, where relationships with countries also mean jobs; jobs for our people, jobs for other people in the world. And it means building strength through economic growth and development, which brings with it a lot of the values that Americans stand up and promote and fight for,” the secretary continued.

“So that’s really what Benghazi was about. It’s a tragedy. But I hate to see it turn into a pure, prolonged, political process that really doesn’t tell us anything new about the facts.”

Bridget Johnson is a career journalist whose news articles and opinion columns have run in dozens of news outlets across the globe. Bridget first came to Washington to be online editor at The Hill, where she wrote The World from The Hill column on foreign policy. Previously she was an opinion writer and editorial board member at the Rocky Mountain News and nation/world news columnist at the Los Angeles Daily News. She has contributed to USA Today, The Wall Street Journal, National Review Online, Politico and more, and has myriad television and radio credits as a commentator. Bridget is Washington Editor for PJ Media.

Well, I'll be damned. You mean this was just a job fair? Is that what this was all about? Some disgruntled job applicants that didn't get "that" crucial interview? Or perhaps were told that the HR department would be in touch. Is this what it was all about? Who would have thunk it?

Really? So government is just one big waste of time, since Kerry never learns anything new? This from a man who apparently didn't know enough not to let someone keep him waiting for hours?

I was in the "we are doomed" camp, but now I'm starting to think their stupidity might be our saving grace.
Kerry didn't learn anything new because he already knew all the tawdry details.
actually, I was referring to Kerry not being involved makes him the only clean high visibility democratic candidate for the '16 election. if memory serves, the lineage to assume the presidency is v.p., then speaker of the house, then pres. of senate , then secretary of state.
Obviously, Kerry should have paid attention to the hearings! It was hardly about Job Development! According to Hicks' testimony, Stevens was there to establish an ongoing embassy in Benghasi, per Hillary Clinton. Speaking of, it is now out in the open that Hillary Clinton called Mr. Hicks at 2 AM the day of the attacks so she, absolutely knew that it was a terrorist attack that had nothing to do with a youtube video, or as Hicks also said, the video was a "non-event". So. her lie is evident. Kerry is showing his ignorance, hubris and disdain for the ability of the American people to read and understand. "Job development" my ppppppffffffftttttt!!!
He really ought to audition to replace Jay Leno. More appropriate job.
Sgt. Schultz reporting for duty!
In his first nomination speech Johnny Ketchup talked about Global Warming and dubbed himself as "Child of the Ocean".

In his first international speech, Ketchup said in the US you have the right to be stupid. Of course in his particular case that means be, stay, remain and abuse the aforementioned "right".

Do you think anyone could possibly take seriously this clown? Germany, Japan, Korea (both of them), Russia, China, Libya, Iran? Anyone?

Let's face it: the guy's an Idiot.
i guess if your boss turns out to be a bumbling punk/moron and lets his stupidity and lack of honor get him in a world of hurt, the thing to do is go in idle mode and be ready to be the guy in training who wasn't involved.

with that said, it was a really stupid thing to say. job fair? guess he was having blood flow problems to the brain having been left out in the cold like that. ole pootin will be laughing in his vodka for years about that. me too.
I agree. It is possible, as Kerry is third in line for the Presidency, that, if Obama is given the boot, Biden will demur the Presidency and Kerry gets his long-held wish to be President. Just sayin'.
Sir John 'ketchup' Kerry Knight of the Tenth order of Pathetic strikes again.
Jobs??

If Kerry really thinks any intelligent person will believe this tripe, he's even dumber than he looks. In any case, the important story, the part that isn't "new" to Kerry, isn't the incompetence of the Obama regime leadership. The important takeaway is that we now know that the State Department leadership, and Obama's handlers, and very probably Obama, himself, lied to cover up their part in the deaths of four Americans.
1 2 Next View All

2 Trackbacks to “Kerry: Job Development ‘Really What Benghazi Was About’”