The PJ Tatler

Bryan Preston

April 25, 2013 - 3:02 pm

A state run and taxypayer funded middle school in New York did this.

Parents of children attending a Red Hook, New York, middle school are outraged after a recent anti-bullying presentation at Linden Avenue Middle School.

The workshop for 13 and 14-year-old girls focused on homosexuality and gender identity. They were also taught words such as “pansexual” and “genderqueer.”

Parents say their daughters were told to ask one another for a kiss and they say two girls were told to stand in front of the class and pretend they were lesbians on a date.

“She told me, ‘Mom we all get teased and picked on enough. Now I’m going to be called a lesbian because I had to ask another girl if I could kiss her,’” parent, Mandy Coon, told reporters.

Bullying in the name of anti-bullying.

From another source, we get this.

The presentation to the boys at the middle school included advice on why to carry a condom in their pocket at all times and tips on how to identify a “slut.”

These kids are 13 and 14 years old.

Parents weren’t given any warning and therefore no way to opt out, of something that should never have been going on in the school in the first place. You can’t post the Ten Commandments or source the Golden Rule in school, but a school can have a group of college kids (which the middle schoolers will interpret as cool because they’re in college) come in and do something like this.

The school’s initial reaction to the fury is predictably bland. The school’s leaders are unthinking, unblinking functionaries of the state.

By telling young girls to do something they don’t want to do and using the pressure of the situation to make them do it. That is bullying. By telling boys how to watch for “sluts.”

“We may require more notification to parents in the future,” Finch said.

Go Finch yourself.

He claimed the sessions are required under the state Dignity for All Students Act, which prohibits harassment and bullying in the classroom.

Stories like this one seriously depress me about the future. We will rail about it, the school will make some bland nonpromises, but it will happen again. And again. At the same school, or another one. The trajectory we’re on is moving the nation in the direction of official suppression of traditional Christian beliefs and traditional moral values. The state won’t be neutral. It will — already is — enforcing a set of beliefs, bit by bit. ObamaCare’s mandate is one pincher, subversive activities like the one at Red Hook are the other.

And if you object, well then, you’re just a godbothered nutcase theocrat, of course.

It's too late, I'm afraid. The damage has been done. The majority in favor of SSM are the result. I'm just waiting to see what comes next . . .
No surprise really. Liberalism is an infantile system based on self-worship. Therefore it makes sense that their religion would center on the genitals.

Funny how strongly they wage war against religions that look outward and have a higher standard than banging anything that moves.
And 'Fifty Shades Of Grey' is required reading in Home-Ec class!
Beware of the true goals for Common Core people!!!
You do not need to be a member of any religion to understand that this is the sexual abuse of minors. If some person down the street did this exact same thing they would be looking at years in prison. Vile.
"You do not need to be a member of any religion to understand that this is the sexual abuse of minors."

If a pedophile made up a society based in a cultural vacuum, who would stop that from happening?

Um... you do realize that human societies existed for like seven to ten thousand years before Judiasm came along, and for five thousand more years before Christianity, right? And you know that even today there are people, entire cultures, even, that don't believe in Jesus? And they somehow manage to work out for themselves that sexually abusing children is wrong?

Or maybe you don't know that. Based on your postings I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that out.
Please keep in mind this isn't wrong because it's secular... it's wrong because it's wrong. I'm an atheist and if someone did that to my daughter I'd feed him his own shoe.
"it's wrong because it's wrong"
thanks for the opinion Mr. Personal God atheist.

you ARE part of the problem. Because of people like you we have to relearn why people 2000 years ago already knew that this was sinful.

moron.. ad hom on purpose
Your response was unnecessarily hostile. He sounds like a decent man, and potentially an ally. You do not befriend him by attacking him.

You are correct in your insight, though. Whence comes his morality? That moral outrage he feels? How did he get that morality? Upon what is it based? It's based on religious beliefs inculcated into our society. From a purely secular, atheistic, (thus amoral), point of view, what the school did is perfectly okay, which is why they did it.

SilverAge, this is what atheism looks like. Take a good, hard look.

Morality comes from God, or morality is what each man determines for himself. There is either a Higher Power Who sets the rules, or all moralities are equal, and everything is moral, and nothing is immoral. Secular atheism means everything is equivalent, just a different point of view. People can rationalize anything to make even the most vile things seem okay.

Time to get some religion, SilverAge.
"SilverAge, this is what atheism looks like. Take a good, hard look."

If I pointed to the pedophilia scandal in the Catholic Church and said "this is what Christianity looks like. Take a good, hard look" you'd think I was being terribly unfair. And you'd be right. It'd be great if you'd apply the same standards to my beliefs.
Marc, you're absolutely right about three things: I am a decent man. I am a potential ally. And ignorant, self-righteous jerks like vangrungy (who I'd bet money has never read nor understood the book he bases his life on) needlessly alienate me on a daily basis. I'm fiscally conservative, I'm a life member of the NRA, I'm pro-national defense, anti-illegal immigration and, believe it or not, I fall a lot closer to the pro-life side of the abortion question than I do the pro-choice side.

But agreeing with your side on the merits just isn't good enough. Because I've made up my own mind on those issues rather than blindly do what some anonomously authored book says vangrungy thinks I should burn in the hell that doesn't exist.

Now since you asked some questions like a decent human being I'll give you the courtesy of some answers.

First, you're wrong about what atheism is. I don't believe for a moment that everything is just a "different point of view". I look at the society that's possible when the principles of liberty and equality contained in the US Constitution are followed and compare them to the societies that exist under communism or theocracy and to me it's a no-brainer. People live happier, more productive and more satisfying lives when they're free and their natural rights are respected. Freedom produces the best outcome for the most people, therefore freedom is better. I see that as being empirical fact, not a point of view. And on any other given issue I can work out what's just and fair without having to rely on an outside authority... an outside authority that always just boils down to being another human being anyway.

And sure, people "can rationalize anything to make even the most vile things seem ok". You're not seriously claiming that religion is protection against that impulse, are you? You can't have so little knowledge of history as to believe that.

But what I really want to address is this sentiment of yours, which is nearly universal among the faithful I talk to:

"Morality comes from God, or morality is what each man determines for himself."

What I wish you would understand is that even if you believe in God morality is STILL what each man determines for himself, because each man ultimately chooses what religion to follow. You're presumably Christian (please correct me if I'm wrong) and as such you think it's wrong to murder innocent people. Millions of Muslims think murdering innocent people is just awesome. You both get your morality from God but you believe opposite things. (As an aside I think that puts the lie to religion right there. You'd think that god would step in and clarify things when half his creations were doing the exact opposite of what he wants).

So why are you a Christian instead of a Muslim? Maybe you were raised Christian, but now that you're an adult you can expose yourself to other religions and adhere to any one you choose. But you choose to be a Christian, and you do it because you find the dictates of Islam's god to be morally repugnant. And you're right to do so, but they're not wrong because they come from a different god, they're wrong because they're wrong.

One last thought I'd like to leave you with. You know I'm an atheist. You go search through every thread on this website going back for five years and you will never, not once, find me telling people to get lost, burn in hell or STFU because they're religious. But in every single thread where religion comes up what you WILL find is people like vangrungy acting like ignorant, intolerant jerks. Then explain to me again how it is that religious people hold the moral high ground over me, and try to do it with a straight face.
This type of comment is what keeps me coming back to this site. Thank you for the time you put into it.
Parents need to be able to fire teachers, principals and superintendents. Take all the tax money now going to the public school system and give it directly to the parent as a voucher to let him chose the school where he wants his child taught.
Would you please Stop using the word "school" to describe these perverse politically correct government indoctrination camps.
'Superintendent Paul Finch told The Poughkeepsie Journal the presentation was “focused on improving culture, relationships, communication and self-perceptions.”'

Oh, and grooming...