October 5, 2012 - 1:09 am
- Polling Theory: When Polling Is Useless, by Charlie Martin. Do current conditions make polling meaningless?
- Gun Microstamping: Democrat Ignorance Threatens Manufacturing Jobs, by Bob Owens. The expensive, useless technology may drive gun plants out of New York and Connecticut.
- No End in Sight: On the Ground in Syria, by Barry Rubin. Dr. Jonathan Spyer reports following a visit to rebel territory.
- Paul Ryan, Congressional Candidate? Oh, Right, by Myra Adams. Ryan is still on the ballot to keep his House seat. Strategist Paul Wilson must win this second campaign, while hoping Ryan can’t take the job.
- Agent Was Killed on Federal Land Where Border Patrol Has Hands Tied, by Bridget Johnson. Rep. Rob Bishop (R-Utah) talks with PJM: Environmental rules keep agents out of vehicles and give cartels the run of the territory.
- Anarcho-Laziness: Scenes from Occupy LA’s One-Year Anniversary Rally, by Zombie. Upside-down flags? Check! Che T-shirts? Check! Karl Marx quotations? Check-a-roonie! It’s all so nostalgic and bourgeois. (Some images may be NSFW.)
- Severe Economic Crisis in Russia Looms, by Kim Zigfeld. The energy sector is in danger of collapsing.
- Obama: ‘I Met This Very Spirited Fellow Who Claimed to Be Mitt Romney,’ by Bridget Johnson. The president rallied supporters with a series of zingers and stabs at Romney’s policy that he didn’t attempt last night.
- Education Meltdown: Why Won’t Back Down Could Be This Generation’s China Syndrome, by R.J. Moeller. Can advocates of school reform break through with popular culture?