August 29, 2012 - 12:23 am
- Christie Extolls RNC to Stand Up and Lead into Next American Century, by Bridget Johnson. “I believe we have become paralyzed by our desire to be loved,” he said in a powerhouse keynote, urging Americans to “choose respect over love.”
- Ann Romney: Mitt ‘Is the Man America Needs,’ by Bridget Johnson. She also gave an appeal to women voters: “I love you women!” she exclaimed. “And I hear your voices.”
- Romney Officially Nominated as Republican Presidential Candidate, by Bridget Johnson. Ron Paul makes a respectable showing in delegate votes, plus a few surprise names pick up votes, too. (More: Walker at RNC: ‘Let This Be Our Time in History’ and Former Dem Artur Davis to RNC: ‘Thank You for Welcoming Me Where I Belong.’)
- Dateline Tampa: Should We Still Have Conventions? By Roger L Simon. It’s not entirely clear. (More from Roger: Video: Encountering Protesters at 2012 GOP Convention).
- What Counts as Failure? By Roger Kimball. Musings on the start of a momentous convention.
- Sen. Cornyn: Republicans Can Win Senate ‘Regardless’ of What Happens in Presidential Race, by Bryan Preston. The NRSC is not giving up on Missouri.
- Video — Gov. Nikki Haley: ‘My Audience Is America,’ by Bryan Preston. Primetime preview.
- #GOP2012: Photoblogging Behind the Scenes at the RNC, by Bryan Preston. Sneak preview.