Now Up on the PJ Media Homepage
August 22, 2012 - 12:54 am
- The Border Conspiracy, Part Three: Murder in Reynosa, by Bryan Preston. Why was Reynaldo Zapata Hernandez’s murder reclassified as a “welfare concern”? Find out in the final installment of PJM’s exclusive report on the manipulation of crime statistics in Hidalgo County, Texas.
- Mitt Romney, Todd Akin, Gen. Patton, George Armstrong Custer, and Jack Woltz, by Michael Walsh. Mitt, it’s time for the political equivalent of a Jack Woltz wake-up call.
- Creeping Sharia on the Tulsa PD? B Jack Dunphy. The Tulsa PD is punishing a police captain for refusing to attend an Islamic “cultural event” at a local mosque.
- Rep. Akin Chooses Lonely, Quixotic Road into Senate Race, by Bridget Johnson. In his defiant declarations that he wouldn’t drop out, the six-term congressman seemed bent on trying to paint himself as the ultimate anti-establishment candidate.
- From Ward Yud: Notes from a Hospital Bed, by Barry Rubin. PJ Media’s Middle East editor recounts observations from his battle with cancer.
- Team Obama: Nothing Left but Ego, by Richard Fernandez. Per Glenn Thrush’s new insider account, Obama’s campaign team has no unified purpose.
- Tony Scott and the Dying Macho Man, by Andrew Klavan. With tough guy movies like Man on Fire the filmmaker reminded how violent instincts actually uphold the best of civilization.
- The Case for Cinematic Violence, by S. T. Karnick. Against the snobs who defend limitless high-brow sex and profanity but bristle at the masses’ love of comic book action.