Now Up on the PJ Media Homepage
August 2, 2012 - 12:55 am
- ‘Islamic Democracy’ Does Not Make Statesmen out of Terrorists, by Andrew C. McCarthy. …Or politics out of jihad.
- An Interview with Prof. Anna Geifman, Author of Death Orders, by David P. Goldman. Lessons from the “Red Terror” about Islamist organizations.
- America Values Chick-Fil-A, and the Freedom of Speech and Religion (UPDATED), by Bryan Preston. Reports from around the country.
- The End of Al-Shabab in Somalia? By Hussein Solomon. Islamists are on the run, but a political solution for Somalia appears elusive.
- Senate Turns Focus to Planning for Extreme Global-Warming Events, by Bridget Johnson. But with such a contentious issue on the table for the first time in years, at a hearing chaired by Barbara Boxer, the hearing turned into a debate on climate change itself.
- Mitt Romney in Poland, by Arthur Chrenkoff. Solidarity leader and Nobel Prize winner Lech Walesa on the candidate: “He radiates values.”
- Someone Who Likes Gay People and Hates Fast Food in Defense of Chick-Fil-A, by Andrew Klavan.Also: why I’ve hesitated in coming out all the way for gay marriage. Related: Central Texas Chick-Fil-A Sees Ten-Fold Increase in Business Today.
- Captive Minds: Conformity and Campus Intellectuals, by Janice Fiamengo. Why many North American intellectuals seem unable to think for themselves.
- August 1, 2012: The Day Freedom of Conscience Died in America, by Bryan Preston. ObamaCare delenda est.
- Romney Successfully Lays Out ‘Cultural Differences’ Argument, by Barry Rubin. Progress and success versus name calling and bragging about being a victim.
- Kristen Stewart Cheats, Millennial Women Weep, by Hannah Sternberg. Romance isn’t dead, but smart love almost is.