Now Up on the PJ Media Homepage
August 1, 2012 - 12:30 am
- ‘You Didn’t Build That’ and the Darkness of Collective Punishment, by Oleg Atbashian. The fallacy of collective achievement led directly to last century’s murderous scapegoating.
- Interview: Michael Malone on Eagle Scouts and the Four Percent, by Ed Driscoll. Today is the 100th anniversary of the Boy Scouts’ Eagle Scouting Award — a.k.a, “The PhD of Boyhood.”
- Ted Cruz Rises to Victory in Texas Senate Runoff, by Bryan Preston. A comprehensive and timely win says the Tea Party is alive, and Texas is still deep red.
- Dictation for the Rest of Us — Built by Apple, Not the Government, by Tom Blumer. Dictation in Apple’s Mountain Lion is a game-changer.
- Abbott and Costello Explain California for You, by Michael Walsh. Who’s on first? Certainly not 21st century California.
- The Jewish Federation vs. Zionism, by Pamela Geller. It’s like saying that I want my heart removed from my body.
- The Call of Cthulhu in Syria, by Richard Fernandez. The Syrian civil war, like the Spanish one in the 20th century, has become a proxy battleground for foreign powers.
- That’s Not Funny: The 5 Biggest Comedy Taboos, by Kathy Shaidle. Rape isn’t the only subject that can book a comedian’s embarrassing apology tour.