March 30, 2012 - 12:44 am
- Nice Supreme Court You’ve Got There, by Richard Fernandez. ‘Shame if something were to happen to it…
- From PJTV: Glenn Reynolds Interviews Walter Russell Mead on Obama at War: Video on PJM homepage.
- The Green Jobs Boondoggle, by Tom Blumer. You’ll need a powerful magnifying glass to find those green jobs, since they make up barely 2% of the private workforce.
- The Appleseed Project: History, Character, and Rifles, by Bob Owens. Learning the underappreciated ingredient of our liberty: marksmanship.
- And the Budget Winner Is… Paul Ryan, by Bridget Johnson. But even the more conservative GOP alternative, the progressive and Black Caucus budgets fared better than Obama’s plan.
- ‘A Deeper Truth’, ‘Fake but Accurate’, and Trayvon Martin, by Richard Fernandez. Truth doesn’t matter with totalitarians; they appeal to a need for myth. (Update: Related thoughts from Bryan Preston at the Tatler on ABC, Zimmerman, and the case of the curiously-placed Chyron.)
- 7 Ways Wildly Successful People Screw Up Their Lives, by John Hawkins. If you’re not prepared, it’s easy to fall over the cliff, even at the height of your power and fame.
- Re-Engineering Humans: An Old Solution to Climate Change, by Ed Driscoll. The “New Man,” a trope that appears in virtually all totalitarian societies, is revived yet again.