Faster, Please!

Syria: the Dead Spook Solves It

August 28th, 2013 - 8:06 pm

I think I woke him up.  That would be the spirit of my late friend James Jesus Angleton, former chief of CIA Counterintelligence, literary editor, aficionado of James Joyce, and interrogator of Ezra Pound.  I’d invested a small fortune getting my ouija board in good working order, and it was working beautifully.  Angleton, on the other hand, was clearing his throat and coughing, as you might expect from a man who was never without a cigarette.  But I was hoping to get some guidance from him on the Syrian-war-about-to-happen, and his time zone was always unclear…

ML:  Sorry, sorry, shall I try again later?

JJA:  (Voice even more gravelly than usual.)  Just give me a second.  Where’s the water?  Ah, there (drinks, then two deep breaths).  Better.  You want to talk about Assad I imagine?

ML:  The whole thing.  Assad, Obama, Khamenei, Rouhani…

JJA:  Oh good.  How can I help?

ML:  Do you think the Syrian regime used chemical weapons against the “opposition”?

JJA:  Yes.  Or maybe the Iranians, or the two together.  It all comes to same thing.  And not just this incident, but many times.

ML:  Dexter Filkins, who’s a good reporter and an honest man, tells us that the opposition groups have claimed up to thirty-five chemical attacks.

JJA:  Yes, and I tend to believe our intel guys when they say the opposition doesn’t have such weapons.

ML:  Do you think we’re going to bomb Syria?

JJA:  Haven’t the vaguest.  I don’t think the president does, either.  He’ll be getting plenty of advice to the contrary.

ML:  Valerie Jarrett, as usual?

JJA:  Lots of folks, including allies.  Do you see Cameron as the reincarnation of Blair?  Do you think the Brits really want to attack Damascus?  I think the French are more likely to push for action.

ML:  Really?

JJA:  Have you already forgotten about Mali?  That was France…

ML:  Fair enough.

JJA:  The Brits will publicly support whatever Obama says, but remember that their lawyers told Blair, back when, that he needed a clear UN resolution to attack Iraq, or he risked being prosecuted for war crimes.  Cameron doesn’t have Blair’s resolve, so far as I can tell, and I’ll bet he’s trying to get Obama to let the UN decide whether to attack.

ML:  Clearly, Obama doesn’t want to do anything serious.

JJA::  I haven’t ever seen so many trial balloons coming out of an administration.

ML:  And none of them is floating, so far as I can tell.

JJA:  Nope.  Obama hasn’t made the case for action, and he doesn’t seem able to design anything like an effective strategy.  Do we want Assad gone?  Dead?  Chastened?  What?

ML:  Most everyone insists there’s no good outcome in Syria.

JJA:  Yes, they say that.  But then, they forget the covert option…

ML:  Huh?

Bombing them is not going to change anything,

Besides

Why would we want to stop Muslims from killing Muslims?
Yes it is a cliché but...

If you shoot at the King you MUST hit him.

Besides, shooting at the King is not a 'limited strike.'
We must have an enemy and we must bomb or kill him so that we feel good about ourselves.
Full disclosure compels me to admit that I am very jealous of Mr. Ledeen being able to channel someone as interesting as James Jesus Angleton. When I whip out my ouija board all I get is some old Chinman carrying on about how the way that can be spoken of, is not the true way. Repetitive and boring - old chap must be suffering from dementia.
"The Americans will always do the right thing, after they've tried everything else!"
After they have supported the jihadis killing thousands of Christians, then the US might do the right thing?
Hmm.....you cut off an Army's Oil and energy....they can't move.

you cut off their food and water...they STARVE...

You cut off their communications......they don't know who to fight...

So...we wonder just how many US consumers know what stocks to di-vest or invest in to WIN a WAR..? Considering the info this writer educated his readers about in this article, no wonder a DEAD spook never won a war for getting killed for his country......he didn't tell Mr. Le-Deen how to talk to Assad...or Putin....or Obama.
Michael, you really need to get a new, digital Ouija board. That old one just blows too many fuses. ;)
More evidence - the Al Queda terrorists did it!

And here Turkey finds the terrorists with sarin gas:
Not my words, the words of experts:
"Western experts on chemical warfare who have examined at least part of the footage are skeptical that weapons-grade chemical substances were used, although they all emphasize that serious conclusions cannot be reached without thorough on-site examination.
"Dan Kaszeta, a former officer of the U.S. Army’s Chemical Corps and a leading private consultant, pointed out a number of details absent from the footage so far: ‘None of the people treating the casualties or photographing them are wearing any sort of chemical-warfare protective gear,’ he says, ‘and despite that, none of them seem to be harmed.’"
I've noticed that myself.

It can't be explained by the laws of chemistry and biochemistry.
Assad hasn't been leading Syria for a long time, he is just a symbolic leader of the Alawite side that are led by the Iranian regime's IRGC Qods Forces and their Hezbollah. Assad doesn't even have any control over the Shabiha militia that does all the killings and his troops will continue fighting the Sunnis with or without him unless a non-sectarian leadership shows up with a peace agenda after taking lead of Assad's regular military through a coup. Still, the Shhite and Alawite militias (led by IRI and Hezbollah) will continue fighting the sunnies and the Islamist sunnis that are now growing will continue to fight for revenge from the other side. As Michael Ledeen wrote in his other peace, "The Road to Damascus begins with Tehran" , IRI needs instability in ME for 2 reasons: 1- for its own survival and to distract from its own tyrannical domestic and terror sponsoring foreign affairs and 2- Chaos in that part of the world will benefit IRI and its Russian puppet masters, Russia doesn't want oil and gas pipelines to pass to Europe through Syria and higher oil price and shortage of deliverable supplies would mean desperate customers for Iran's oil for higher price
Pointless to argue with someone that is writing nonsense. The first sentence is the tip-off.
The Iranians probably wouldn't just leave quietly. For this plan to work this 'colonel' would need backup, as in ground troops of an u
unspecified nationality. Then, the fireworks would really begin. But it's probably the only way to save the Syrian people.
1 2 Next View All