Editor’s Note: Hannah Sternberg is one of the most promising Millennial writers I’ve worked with over the years. Check out her debut novel Queens of All the Earth, an elegant, sensitive, coming of age story. (See my review here.) The roots of Hannah’s literary skills are evident in her lifelong reading and film consumptions and the deep thinking they’ve inspired. This assortment of 10 of her most popular and engaging articles show some of the ideas and influences that inform her fiction. I can’t wait for Hannah’s next novel and her future creative endeavors. Also check out the previous collections published this weekend: 10 of Walter Hudson’s Greatest Hits and 10 of Kathy Shaidle’s Greatest Hits.
- Dave Swindle
1. October 1, 2011: Literary B-Sides: Five of the Most Under-Rated Books from Famous Authors
It’s time to get over the trauma of high school English class. These wonderful novels won’t bite.
2. February 6, 2012: Five Comic Books You’re Waiting, Wanting, Begging, Longing to See on TV
We’re tired of dreaming for a proper adaptation of Sandman.
3. January 21, 2013: I Hear You Like Bad Girls Too
A good girl takes Lana Del Rey’s relationship advice.
4. May 10, 2013: The Five Most Surprising Movie Adaptations
Screw the book, these were better.
5. May 5, 2013: Likes Long Walks on the Beach, and Porn Goddesses
What happens when husbands demand their wives meet the XXX-rated style in the bedroom?
6. May 15, 2013: Stop Expecting Your Friends to Show Common Decency
Flaky friends. No, they’re not great.
7. May 29, 2013: Advice for Grads: Stop Working So Darn Hard
Get over yourself, get a job, and stop caring so much about everything.
8. June 6, 2013: Four Childhood Activities You Should Never Give Up
Acting like a kid could make you happier, healthier, and smarter.
9. July 17, 2013: Bad Advice: Slaying Facebook Trolls
How to silence people who refuse to be defriended.
10. March 15, 2014: Five Secret Emotions Only E-Reader Addicts Understand
Diagnose your affliction; seek support in fellow sufferers.