Get PJ Media on your Apple

PJM Lifestyle

Our Bodies, Our Only Sense of Self

Second-wave feminism's legacy lives out in the bodies of porn-for-tuition college girls.

by
Susan L.M. Goldberg

Bio

March 13, 2014 - 7:54 am
Page 1 of 2  Next ->   View as Single Page

belleknox

The MSM’s latest fetish, college girls-turned-porn stars for tuition money, smacks of the rotten legacy of second-wave feminism’s “our bodies, our selves” mantra. Take the story of Belle Knox, a Duke University fresh-girl forced to do porn for the tuition money. While her sleaze-bag of an agent attempts to milk her 15 minutes with stories of a poor girl turned out by multimillionaire parents (a story she later changed when chatting with Piers Morgan), Belle Knox views herself as anything but a victim.

The 18-year-old appeared on front pages across the globe and sat down with Piers Morgan for a CNN interview using only her stage name and claiming that she was not ashamed of what she was doing and, in fact, felt ‘empowered’ by her career.

I’m not being exploited. I love what I’m doing and I’m safe,’ insists the women’s studies major.

Women’s studies major. Good thing she’s in porn, considering her future career choices at this point don’t rise far above McDonald’s worker (and we all know how poorly they’re paid). Seriously, though, paying for your women’s studies degree by doing porn? Has anyone stopped being sucked in by the rich-girl lifestyle to consider that glaring irony? Or the fact that her women’s studies major has justified her career choice?

She told her student newspaper in an interview last week: ‘My entire life, I have, along with millions of other girls, been told that sex is a degrading and shameful act. When I was five-years-old and beginning to discover the wonders of my body, my mother, completely horrified, told me that if I masturbated, my vagina would fall off.

‘The most striking view I was indoctrinated with was that sex is something women “have,” but that they shouldn’t “give it away” too soon -– as though there’s only so much sex in any one woman, and sex is something she does for a man that necessarily requires losing something of herself, and so she should be really careful who she “gives” it to.’

The vapid meanderings of Belle Knox illustrate the very scary impact of the second-wave feminist notion that our bodies really are our selves. Beyond our physicality, we have nothing left, no brain, no feeling, to “lose” or invest in a sexual encounter.

Top Rated Comments   
I want to know where all these liberals get the idea that Christians think sex is some sort of shameful, degrading act. It's all about context. If done in a healthy marriage, it's anything BUT. On the other hand, if you quit valuing yourself and start doing it with anything that walks by, free of any kind of commitment or relationship, then YEAH, shameful and degrading, because you've lowered yourself to being valued only for what use people can get out of your genitals/orifices/furry suit.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
"I love what I’m doing and I’m safe,’ insists the women’s studies major."

Famous. Last. Words.

I sincerely hope she doesn't have to eat them.

" ‘My entire life, I have, along with millions of other girls, been told that sex is a degrading and shameful act. "

That's sad. She should have listened to the Bible. She would have heard about the immensevalue of it.

32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
Ironically, it's the only area where they tend to be in favor of liberty, at least the Progressive wing. In all other aspects it is about control: what you eat, what kind of car you should own, etc. When it comes to sex however, it's whatever you want goes.

32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
All Comments   (44)
All Comments   (44)
Sort: Newest Oldest Top Rated
So she's doing porn to pay for her Gender Studies degree (Yes, I know she said she was pre-medicine, but gee I really don't think so). And they said irony was dead.
31 weeks ago
31 weeks ago Link To Comment
The porn is worth more than the Duke education.
31 weeks ago
31 weeks ago Link To Comment
That's not saying much.
31 weeks ago
31 weeks ago Link To Comment
As far as I am concerned a woman shouldn't even be allowed to own a camera, much less make movies.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
Fake account, I assume.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
Duke? Why can't she go to a state university? Problem solved.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
I look down upon those people (men or women) who treat sex like currency or like some meaningless act. I won't try to stop those people from having sex their way, I just won't care what happens to them when the ramifications of their choices come home to roost. If I'm in a tiny minority, that's fine. I won't be demanding or asking others to accept me and my views. I will simply deal with the consequences of my views on my own and I will foot the bill myself, whatever it is. Just don't expect me to foot the bill for their lifestyle choices and don't expect me to treat them with respect because in my view they are utterly unworthy of either.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
Uh, actually, I took the time to pull up all of "Belle Knox"s entire ouvre and I find her surprisingly likeable. I'll take the liberty to assume she dumbed herself down in that porn-girl casting couch interview clip (the one NOT involving Piers Morgan).

Interesting that "Girls" is invoked yet again, as I think that Lena Dunham could do worse than tossing out Zosia Mamet as sidekick Shoshanna and casting Ms. Knox in the role. She's better looking, can actually act (I firmly believe the better porn clips involve actual acting even if no actual words are spoken) and we'll get to see some nudity on that show that doesn't require a bucket held between the knees.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
Girls in a final desparate act should have Shoshanna convince Hannah to go back to Israel and join the IDF, with the requisite sadistic basic training instuctor et al.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
If any young guys are reading here you might want to consider this. Don't walk away from these women's studies types, RUN away as fast as you can. You will save yourself and your children a lot of misery and money.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
Tut! Tut! I have read more than one comment on boards such as these by conservative gentlemen who had tons of youthful fun with young feminazis. They were just careful not get snared.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
I avoided them like the plague. Lots of them around even back in the 60's.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
First of all, I wouldn't believe any of the claptrap that comes out of this woman's mouth. All that nonsense about what she learned at home about sex sounds like the BS that is fed to these young fools in Women's Studies departments all across the country. Physically, she's OK, but since she specializes in "Barely Legal" porn by definition her shelf life is on the short side. So what she'll be by age 35 is unemployable because of her sordid past, and possessing a degree in a field that is not only useless but toxic. (If part of your job as a HR manager is to avoid possibly litigious employees I can think of no bigger red flag than Woman's Studies major.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
This coming from the libs
- who think prostitution is evil even when it is the woman's choice...but support video prostitution "to pay for school"
- who think poker competitions will collapse the world economy (it only took Obama to do that)
- who continue to fail to understand the difference of connections between two human beings versus just plain masturbation sex for hire...which does not involve connecting with the other person.
- of course, blaming it on her parents seems to be the typical prude lib excuse.

A real shame. Men: run quickly away. For us women: to overcome burdens from our parent's parents is one thing and now add this to it? Oh please. This is a new millennium. Get over it, libs and get off my body and my daughter's bodies.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
Actually, some liberals ("sex workers" among them) protest AGAINST the anti-Trafficking lobby

http://www.eastbayexpress.com/SevenDays/archives/2014/02/10/sex-workers-to-protest-anti-trafficking-panel-say-john-label-is-offensive
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
There's nothing wrong with the idea that you ARE your body. Your brain is quite obviously a physical organ; all the emotions are at bottom bodily sensations, no different from any physical pain or pleasure. It's hard to see why this should necessarily lead to a justification of porn. Cartesian dualism isn't the only tenable philosophy -- assuming it's still even tenable.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
"There's nothing wrong with the idea that you ARE your body".

If I understand you correctly, then there is plenty wrong with that idea. Following from that idea is the notion that we are only flesh and blood computers or "meat puppets". If that is the case, there is no overarching system of morality to teach us to "love thy neighbor". Morality is then just a question of taste among meat puppets. You like chocolate and I like vanilla. You like caring for children and Mengle likes experimenting on them.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
I don't know what you mean by "computers" or "overarching system of morality" but I suspect you are trapped in some kind of false dichotomy. Just because mind-matter dualism is false, it does NOT follow that atheism is true. And even supposing atheism is true, it does NOT follow that there is no morality, because there is better and worse, right and wrong, wherever there are beings that think and feel. The only kind of morality that would be refuted by atheism is the "divine command" conception of morality according to which the right is just what God says, for no reason but that God says so.
32 weeks ago
32 weeks ago Link To Comment
1 2 3 Next View All