‘No Nation of Sociopaths Ever Put a Man on the Moon’

Being bad may help a male attract females but our society will be made worse for it by being less innovative.

Helen Smith

January 3, 2014 - 11:30 am

sociopath

Chateau Heartiste has an interesting post on sociopathy rising in America:

Is sociopathy prevalence on the rise in America? According to the author of the book The Sociopath Next Door, it is. American culture has become a breeding ground for sociopaths.

I have written about this increase before as I kind of wonder if we are renaming people as socipaths who really aren’t. That said, I thought Chateau Heartiste made some interesting points about male sociopaths:

Male sociopaths do better with women. This is indisputable. If sociopathy is increasing in America, then we must look to the foundational market of human interpersonal relations — the sexual market — to discover the source of this increasing sociopathy. Quite simply, if more women are more often rewarding sociopaths with their sex, then the supply of sociopathy will increase….

To be a high level player, you have to be blessed with a touch of sociopathy. Without that trait for timely detachment, you will empathize too much with the particular needs and reproductive goals of women. That distracting emotional resonance will hinder your ability to hurt a woman’s feelings and, sadly you’ll discover, rare is the woman who joyfully surrenders her body to a man who is careful to spare her feelings.

So sociopathy has its privileges. But no nation of sociopaths ever put a man on the moon.

We as a society do not want to encourage sociopathy, but that is what we are doing and as Chateau Heartiste points out, it is beneficial to the individual in sexual terms but our society will be made worse for it by being less innovative. But you get more of what you reward, and less of what you punish. Hence, we should expect to see more sociopathy in the future. All the while, women and their sychophants will be muttering “where have all the good men gone” while simultaneously breeding the seeds of sociopathy in some men by their actions and behaviors.

*******

Cross-posted from Dr. Helen

Helen Smith is a psychologist specializing in forensic issues in Knoxville, Tennessee, and blogs at Dr. Helen.

No, but they caused a couple world wars.
I think it'd be worth looking more deeply into this definition of sociopathy. It's struck me before that the current definition sounded a whole lot like what I thought, say about 1960, as being an admirably man. It would certainly seem that JFK was (by the definition) a sociopath. As well as most fighter pilots, cowboys in westerns, real cowboys (I grew up with the real thing), Winston Churchill, Ben Franklin, most reasonably successful military officers, and a helluva lot of therapists.
"...rare is the woman who joyfully surrenders her body to a man who is careful to spare her feelings."

We're in monkey territory here. Female monkeys don't go for males who hang back quietly. Alpha Monkeys are big, shaggy, ferocious, aggressive, and horny. That's who the female monkeys want to mate with. They can't help it.

People are monkeys, deep down inside. Women can be attracted to the sort of complete a-hole we're talking about because said a-hole looks and acts like an Alpha Monkey.
On the other hand, I work in a city where I see plenty of attractive young ladies walking out with men who could be charitably described as effeminate dweebs. So maybe there's hope for the human race after all.
That's why, at 55, I'm still single. I've been called sweet, a nice guy, even sensitive and yet I definitely don't have women breaking down my door. However, the loud obnoxious guy with the whiskey bottle in one hand and the half empty glass in the other always has at least one woman on his arm. The man who refers to women with the "P" word always has women adoring him (I'm referring to a video I saw of a college-age Obama). I asked an ex-girlfriend, before she dumped me, why she married her ex-husband even though she knew he fooled around. She thought she could "change him."
I'm in pretty much the same boat, albeit age 26 instead of 55. My last girlfriend left me after a month of a relationship (we dated about three months) for her emotionally abusive ex-boyfriend. The reason? "He changed and he's proving it to me!" Spoiler alert, he continued to abuse her, and she eventually did leave him. Instead of coming back to me, which she admitted would be the smart thing to do, she went back to another ex who she admits is a compulsive liar. Once again with the same excuse: "He's changed!" And he hasn't, but she's still with him.

As a point of interest, the girl I dated while I lived in China recently told me she loves me and wants to be with me again, even though her parents won't like her being with a non-Chinese (this was the reason she broke up with me originally). I'm willing to call culture differences on this one, as she has said the same things about me as my most recent ex did, but she considers it a mark in my favor instead of "just friends" material.
Ten bucks says your Chinese girl just wants a green card to get out of Dodge. If she makes noises about helping her get her parents, siblings, twice-removed cousins over here...well, you know what you're in for.
Learn game now.

Heartiste, or as he used to be called, Roissy, is a good place to learn it -- if you can keep in mind that he is very close to a sociopath or at the very least a moral retard.

But you can apply Roissy's teachings, aka, game, in a way that is moral. But you will have to bring your own morality to it.

Essentially, game is technique ... once you eliminate the morality of it, you start to understand its necessity. Keep your answers short. Don't be unctuous. Be your own man. Don't be afraid not to explain.

You don't have to be an ---h---. But you do have to understand that women want a man who can handle himself. You can handle yourself in a perfectly respectable and honorable way.