Feminists Must Go on the Offense

We will NOT get in the kitchen and be sweetie pies.

Susan L.M. Goldberg

January 3, 2014 - 2:00 pm

culturalmarxistfeminism

My colleague Leslie Loftis makes some excellent points in her latest response in our ongoing dialogue about revamping the feminist movement in America. Regarding the Lean In wing of the movement, Leslie is humorously spot on in her comment, “We ape men and then claim that we do it better.” However, I do take some issue with a few of Leslie’s conclusions: ”That’s what reproductive control absolutism is about, negating biology so we can live like men,” and “ there is nothing that we on the Right can do about this culture war bullhorn problem.”

Leslie’s observations are illustrative of the Right’s ability to focus on the battles within the culture war (or, as Whittaker Chambers so aptly referred to them, symptoms of our cultural crisis) while completely losing focus on the war itself. My position is simple: We must focus, loudly, on the war itself and use the battles within to promote the facts bolstering the truth. To illustrate, I’ll begin by addressing Leslie’s comment, “So in Susan’s “brains, not boobs” terms, I submit a more inclusive and realistic, brains and boobs.”

The greatest challenge we face is the fact that American women, by virtue of the “War on Women” battle, believe themselves to be stuck in their gender. They can’t see themselves as anything but an on-screen goddess or, as Leslie pointed out in her original argument, a real-life slave to a corporation, to a marriage, to children, or to all of the above. Which is why I question her use of the fact that Mary Wollstonecraft died in childbirth. In this case I’m not exactly sure how that relates to rebuilding feminism as much as it plays into the left’s ideology of the ills of womanhood. Embrace your endocrinology for all it is worth, but don’t fall into the trap of believing that your body is a prison cell for which death is the only escape.

This is where the Right must acknowledge that the nomenklatura of cultural Marxists have done an amazing job of framing of the body as a human being’s only object of worth. We must also reason that truthfully, when you have no God and reject the concept of a soul and eternal life, you have nothing else to fall back on but the body. This demoralization has led to a variety of ideological misnomers, including the ultimate lie of the War on Women: the framing of the female body as a prison to be manipulated, abused, and ultimately destroyed.

If we aren't trapped in a prison called "the body", then why is it made up of cells?

Lol.

Men and women are intended to be different. Please pardon me, Susan...feminism...is an "ism" about...nothing.

I don't wish to trivialize anyone's struggles for advancement, respect, dignity or honor.

And I will stand in front of ANY person of honor who is being bullied. But, this groupthink identity victimhood scam has run out of utility.

Stand for something that has honor and people of honor will stand behind you. Rebrand "victimology" in "our lingo" and you make a slightly better cosmetologist for that makeup application on the pig.
"... American women, by virtue of the “War on Women” battle, believe themselves to be stuck in their gender. They can’t see themselves as anything but an on-screen goddess or, as Leslie pointed out in her original argument, a real life slave to a corporation, to a marriage, to children, or to all of the above."

If you really want to help out American women, then I suggest you stop spouting such nonsense. I haven't been a slave to anything in my 58 years of being a female, and I deeply resent being told I see myself that way.

I have been one of the first females to earn a Computer Systems degree at the university I attended, the first female programmer/analyst at several companies, a business owner, and the mother of five adopted children. I can fly a plane, ride a motorcycle, sail a boat, repair equipment, and knit fine lace. I have had it all, included decades of marriage to the same man, and I decide what I do with my time, and where I chose to use my talents.

Excuse me while I reject your shallow cant to spend time with women who also reject the plantation you seem to imagine for us.

Susan, you are Jewish and you are religious so you know: God created man in his image: in the image of God created he him: he created them male and female.

The left consists of liars who hate God, and who want to replace Him. They in the pursuit of power twist the traditional sex roles as being some kind of conspiracy to oppress, denying that they basically evolved to benefit women -- and save society.

Until the advent of widespread electrification about a century ago, women were unable or severely disadvantaged in performing 90 percent plus of the labor outside the home, and when the life expectancy was about 40 -- which was for most of Western history -- there was an obvious necessity for girls to get married and start producing babies in their mid-teens.

Due to advances in technology and medicine-- and solely due to these advances, political and social theories have nothing to do with it -- the circumstances are now dramatically different.

Thinking people recognize this is a good thing. I wouldn't want to work 60 hours a week in a coal mine as my grandfather did.

What we have to recognize and expose are those who seek to artificially stoke resentment for their own wealth and power. The sociopathic men and sociopathic women stick together and support the same causes and candidates. The rest of us have to do the same.
Again, Ms. Goldberg, I really need your email address, because I've got a lot of recordings on the kind of "brains" feminist you're describing, am not afraid to use them to prove what I've been saying to you and others all this time, but I can't actually give them to you if I don't even know how to contact you. If you really want a way to change feminism for the better, I strongly suggest you give me your email address or Facebook account so I can actually supply you with the recordings.
"Feminists Must Go on the Offense"

Feminists *are* offensive.

I wonder whom Susan L. M. Goldberg thinks she speaks for. Women? Well, in that case, I speak for the human race. Or does she speak just herself? In that case, why is she so weak that someone is forcing her to be a kitchen bound "sweetie pie".

My mother was accepted into medicine in 1945. Her father's sister became a physician a generation earlier. But, since boys in the millions are being forced into drug treatment for the BS affliction "attention deficit hyperactivity disorder" because they don't act enough in school like little girls, it is time for a call to renew feminism to fight a newly flaring "war on women" just in case some should begin to think that the war has actually always been a war on men.
Not so. Our purpose in this life, men and women alike, is to please our Lord, jesus Christ, by becoming as christlike as possible, our sexual plumbing notwithstanding. Aiming elsewhere is selfdestructive. You may disagree; but we shall see on Judgment Day.
The "war on women" farce is this - women shoot men in the back, then claim self defense. Metaphorically or literally, it's pretty much the same.

Men may not say it, usually for concern about becoming the next target, but we've seen through that bullsh!t for the last 30 years.

Maybe if feminism wasn't 75% "MEN SUCK!!!1!!" and 25% "Subsidize my bad decisions", men would have more respect for it.
Any female who builds an entire philosophy around her femaleness is heading for the same place that a male would be who spends his days thinking about his maleness:

A lonely childless old age, where nobody really gives a hoot about what that old codger or old biddy are carrying on about.

But insofar as feminism seems to have "evolved" beyond issues of trying to keep women from being victimized by louts and cads who would beat them, drink their dowries and then abandon them,(usually with a child or two to care for), and on into the absurdity it is now, it serves SOMEONE'S purpose as yet another method to divide the American public against itself.

Back in the day, I strongly suspect that the Feminist movement was funded in no small part by the Kremlin, but I think these institutions, rather than dying from lack of funds have found themselves new sponsors.

Has it not struck anyone as odd that Feminism 3.0,(or whatever version it's up to now), is deafeningly silent on Shariah Law and it's treatment of females? Honor killings? Forced marriages?
This stuff is happening here in the USA, TODAY, and yet the NOW and fellow travelers say precious little about it.

We hear all about Sandra Fluke's birth control "problems", though.

So who is paying these peoples' bills THIS century?
Good to see you Bilgeman
I have read somewhere that it was the Rockefellers that financed the feminist movement, just saying. I also agree with your opinion in regards to the feminist and silence towards Sharia law and the brutalities acceptable under Islam towards women. Feminists are silent about Sharia while feeling no hypocrisy for ridiculing housewives or getting their Mrs. Degrees in college.

Feminism is a crutch for those people that cannot stand by themselves or women that want to tell everyone else what they should be doing. I'm trying to teach my young nieces about the brains AND boobs type of woman before they get to college.
"Culturally they succumbed to political correctness...."

This is the heart of the problem. In effect, we helped win the Cold War overseas, but we lost it here in our own country. So many Americans thought that PC was just a silly thing on campus which didn't effect real life. How wrong they were!
Re: adds-on to wcgreen above (Reply button stuck)
God yes, how right you are. The good news is that what you say is obvious, correct and common experience; the bad news is that a fine story rarely told needs repetition and will for many years, the noisier the better. As for bitter women like the authorette....well, not worth going there in any detail. Could be a ploy but she sounds earnest and sincere -- that's her problem, though, most of us could care less.

Leslie is humorously spot on ....No and hell no. And what makes Whittaker Chambers an oracle about anything except perfidy and promiscuous homosexuality?

Any feminist gas bag stuck in a 'dialogue' -- fancier than a mere 'dialog', gotta be -- is but a short step from a shrill hectoring lecture about 'memes', a/k/a duck'n'cover time for all who prefer reality.
Unless you're in heavy therapy or on the tenure track at Crap U, who needs it?
Here is a task for all "The Women Men Don't See" Joanna Russ feminists regarding the men you don't see: Here's your task:

Find the nearest large supermarket distribution center. Next, ask to be given a tour of their gigantic 15 below zero freezer warehouse. Don't forget the even colder ice cream room where men are wrapped up like frickin' snow giants manipulating fork lifts and pallet jacks 8-10 hours a day in truly miserable, physical and dangerous conditions for 15 bucks an hour, 25 if they're full-time union who've been there 5 years. You get 2 twenty min. breaks and 30 for lunch in 8 hours, which includes travel time from whatever far end of the warehouse you're in. Remember, the clock is ticking on a time standard. I've seen men working like a fast-forwarded DVD scrambling to make time.

Next, tell me how many bell hooks and Sandra Flukes you see. You'll find plenty in the front office, not so many in the depressingly cold warehouse running up and down giant aisles filling orders by stacking 250 boxes 6 feet tall on double pallets and given one hour to do it or they get fired cuz they're on that time standard. 95% or out.

That's lifting tons per day - TONS! Multiply lifting 1500 cases per day times an avg. weight of 35 pounds across 3 warehouses: perishables, freezer, and grocery. There's no fun like throwing 90 lb. boxes of meat or cases of pineapples on top of one another as high as you can reach ALL DAY.

Next, multiply that by eleventy kazillion across fivety trabillion professions across America and then eff off
Worthy effort, but way over thought.......

That the female orgasm should be decoupled from building civilisation and serving the social order, and that sex should be turned into a toy seems sufficient enough to explain it....'>>......
'When you have no God and reject the concept of a soul and eternal life, you have nothing else to fall back on but the body.'

Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. - Proverbs 22:6

A child does not require religious belief, let alone the Judeo-Christian
teaching of a God of reward and punishment to become an adult,
only parents who demand that he grow up. Sadly, few do.

1 2 3 Next View All