Roger L. Simon’s New Film Project: The Future of Now

PJ Media's co-founder was serious about getting back to creative writing...

Dave Swindle

May 21, 2013 - 4:15 pm

But as of Feb 14, 2013, I am ending my tenure as CEO. Roger Simon, the novelist-screenwriter, is calling to me. After more than seven years, he is feeling extremely neglected. I am going to return to my creative writing while I still, to be honest, have some ability to do it.

Roger L. Simon, back in February, hanging up his editor’s hat and putting back on the artist’s…

The Hollywood Reporter today offered a sneak preview of what our old boss does with his time when he’s not writing must-read articles on the newest disturbing developments in the Benghazi scandal, ”Cannes: Roger L. Simon to Pen ‘The Future of Now‘”:

Oscar-nominated screenwriter Roger L. Simon will pen the script for The Future of Now, the second feature from newly launched Primeridian Entertainment.

Arcadiy Golubovich, a principal of Primeridian, will make his directorial debut with the dystopian drama. His Primeridian partner, Tim O’Hair, will produce.

Primeridian is full financing the Washington, D.C.-set pic, with casting slated for June and shooting aiming for fall.

Read the whole write-up here.

Breitbart.Com also reported on Stoning of Soraya M director Cyrus Nowrasteh’s new project from Primeridian, a biopic of Soviet dissident Alexander Solzhenitsyn.

Looks like I should add The Gulag Archipelago to my reading list

David Swindle is the associate editor of PJ Media. He writes and edits articles and blog posts on politics, news, culture, religion, and entertainment. He edits the PJ Lifestyle section and the PJ columnists. Contact him at DaveSwindlePJM @ Gmail.com and follow him on Twitter @DaveSwindle. He has worked full-time as a writer, editor, blogger, and New Media troublemaker since 2009, at PJ Media since 2011. He graduated with a degree in English (creative writing emphasis) and political science from Ball State University in 2006. Previously he's also worked as a freelance writer for The Indianapolis Star and the film critic for WTHR.com. He lives in Los Angeles with his wife and their Siberian Husky puppy Maura.

I dont know what happened to my earlier comment. But I just wanted to say that it sounds very interesting and I will be sure to catch the production when it is released.

Way to go, Roger!
"Looks like I should add The Gulag Archipelago to my reading list."

If you have not read Gulag Archipelago, you really REALLY should.

It was a life-changer for me. Although other events had already made me question a lot of the leftist rhetoric I had heard around me, learning the true history of the Soviet Union cemented the realization that dominant leftist philosophy, Marxism, had been MASSIVELY destructive to just about everything good and positive that had existed before its adoption. I learned that tens of MILLIONS of people had perished in Lenin's and Stalin's drive to build the state dimly envisioned by Karl Marx. And despite all the lives snuffed out, nothing remotely resembling a Utopia or Worker's Paradise had resulted.

This book should be read by anyone of any political persuasion who thinks that if only they were in charge, they would inevitably make the world a better place. It should be mandatory reading for any Leftist as well as for anyone who thinks that the Left has worthwhile answers to any of the problems we face. It is a cautionary tale on a grand scale.

I don't know if it would actually convert any serious Leftist into a more positive path. So many of them seem impervious to argument: facts just penetrate their thought processes. They live in a fantasy land where the world is what they want it to be, not what it is. But Gulag Archipelago is certainly a strong antidote to the insanity of the Left for anyone who still lives in the real world.

The fundamental truth is that Marxism doesn't work. It has been tried umpteen times, cost many tens of millions of lives, and it has not worked anywhere that it has been tried. Yet the lunatics who inhabit the Marxist Zone continue to insist that the next time it is tried, Marxism will be a raging success. There is nothing on earth to support that point of view yet they are unshakeable in their determination to try it anyway. Look at the results of having the far Left in power in the current American administration. Are YOU optimistic that Obama and his minions are making the country or the world a better place?

Progressive/socialist Marxist ideology does, indeed, intend to create ideas to further it's agenda. The crisis for leftist ideology is when the created idea doesn't work. A new idea is created and implodes. What to do? Why, create a newer and more improved idea. Leftist idealists do not live in reality. Solutions are found by living in the reality of said problem.
Wonderful! I haven't seen A Better Life yet, but I look forward to watching it soon and all of Primeridian's upcoming films.
Intriguing: apparently a dystopian cautionary tale about American governance, or some such?
Roger, just remember than anything that is started with a political motive regardless of the spectrum is going to be boring as in BORING.
:-)

(I do miss the old PJ where html worked thougth)