Rule of Law

Black UCLA Law Students Complain About Equality

February 25th, 2014 - 7:13 am

The video below of UCLA law students must be seen to be believed. Is it real, or is it parody?

A half century ago, the civil rights movement fought to eliminate the rancid practice of treating people differently because of their race. California eventually banned giving students admission to law schools like UCLA because of their skin color. Now, only grades and LSAT scores matter.

What is the reaction of the modern race left? It’s nearly pathological.

Is it real, or is it a parody of how far the civil rights movement has fallen from its zenith in 1965?

The law students (or actors?) complain about equality in admissions. They gripe about “colonial constructs” at the law school and how a self-described “angry black woman” wishes there were even “angrier black women” in her class so the white students could see she is really moderate. In the end, the video is a sad testament to the moral bankruptcy of groups like the NAACP (and current NAACP alumni Debo Adegbile, whose nomination still sits before the Senate for civil rights division chief at DOJ).

Watch the video, and behold the modern narrative of the civil rights movement:

YouTube Preview Image

As a black UCLA graduate myself, all I can say is: What a bunch of whiny, entitled b*tches! (And that epithet goes double for the "men" in this video). These people have so subsumed themselves into the mentality of being a "victim class" that they have completely lost touch with their own identity as individuals. I'll tell you what: if you losers find being a law student at an elite university a few miles away from Pacific beaches to be such unbearable mental torture, then drop out and give your highly-sought-after slots to someone who will really appreciate them.

Now I've got to go take my blood pressure meds. Thanks.
I can feel their pain. I rode downtown yesterday on the bus. I was the only white person there. I felt so strange, verbally abused and definitely threatened. when I got to the welfare office, I was again, the only white person of that color there. they treated me like I didn't belong. they were discourteous and ugly to me. the ee's drilled me for a really long time about why I needed help. when I go to use my stamps to buy food the minority people behind the counter scowl at me like I was doing something wrong. its like people think only certain types of people are entitled to help from the government.

I just want to be treated like a real American again, that's all. so, I'm wondering, just who can I sue?
As a UCLA alum I can tell you why there are not more "people of color" at the school, it's is because they are not academically qualified to be there. A University of UCLA's ranking should not have remedial anything classes. The University had remedial math and English courses specifically for "people of color", just to try and get them up to speed.
The fault that there is not a lot of people like them on campus is a black social construct, where education is frowned upon because it's "white man's thing".
Change your thinking, change the numbers.
the marketplace does the job

you ever go to a black doctor?

Equality is Discrimination
Freedom is Oppression
Disagreement is Bigotry
Affirmative action - what a success! Now the beneficiaries want it applied to college performance, not simply admissions. The idiots don't realize apparently that it would call to question their ability to perform throughout their future lives. Lower the bar and standards go with it.
people of color

I will never get used to that odious phrase. It speaks volumes about the ignorance of the mavens of political correctness. The only people who don't have a color are those who are transparent. Everyone else, even albinos, have color. It might be a rather light shade but it is a color just the same.

Have you ever seen a (literally) transparent person? No? Neither have I. That means we're ALL "people of color". Every last one of us.
Frankly, i favor pink--at least on good days.
Knee Grow Pooleezee
Jeez-Louise, put on a happy face!!!
What a bunch of whiners. I was a white minority in law school. What do I mean by that? I was a member of a large motorcycle club (gang) and had been for 15 years. Lived at the biker clubhouse. Had the ATF come to the school and try to get me thrown out. The other students at first thought I would be a dummy. On the contrary, I was one of the most active participants in the classes. I wasn't afraid of any of them. Why should I have been? Although middle class, I spent 15 years on the street, had the bullet wounds, the stab wounds and the drug history that made me the solid conservative I am today. I had ten times the common sense and street smarts that my fellow students had. It showed and eventually I gained the respect of most of them. Not that I needed it, because eventually, those are the people you will be up against, the ones you will have to defeat in the courtroom. And I have, often. As an attorney you will defend people, right or wrong against all comers. You can't be going around thinking that people don't like me because I'm this or that and it may affect my life. There's no room for that. My first felony case, about five months into practice was a death penalty qualified murder. It took a year and a pair of shoes to win that. You don't do that by whining and being a victim. You do it by going into one of the worst ghettos in Chicago, at a building where there were 19 murders in 13 years, at midnight and handing subpoenas to people who were going to testify or else. Do you think any of those people in that video would be prepared to do that? I wouldn't use any of them for a traffic ticket. Law is different than most professions. You have to be a self starter, thick skinned and be able to push forward when many are against you. The whiners in the video are not cut out for that and might be better off getting a masters in social work instead. BTW, I hooked up with the class valedictorian, married her and thirty years later we're still together. Nice Episcopalian army brat (Berlin Brigade) who still likes my ability to think out of the box.
Definitely real, that is the way many people think these days.
and then when they get affirmative action enrollment, the real world doesn't want to deal with them, because they don't know if they are qualified or were racial preference enrollee.

Worked as a clinic director, and the patients were always telling me that they didn't want the black doctors treating them, they preferred the Asian or white for treatment.

And for the most part, it was black patients complaining, because they know fully the harm that affirmative action does.
Oh my goodness. These students are too obtuse to realize how offensive they come off. They are in an excellent school, that few people in the country have the opportunity to attend and they still COMPLAIN. About it? That is such a sad reflection on the current black citizenry.
1 2 3 4 Next View All