Ed Driscoll

“But Soledad O’Brien, How Can You Take Money From A Patron of Islamists?” Jeff Dunetz of Truth Revolt sums up Hugh Hewitt’s eye-opening interview with the former MSNBC and CNN newsreader who is now sharing time producing and appearing on shows that air on the National Geographic channel, CNN, its sister network HBO — and Qatar-owned Al Jazeera:

Appearing on The Hugh Hewitt Radio Show to promote her upcoming special on CNN, Soledad O’Brien was asked how she could do freelance work for Al Jazeera, which is owned by Qatar, patron of terrorist organizations such as Hamas and ISIS. O’Brien obfuscated, first suggesting the U.S. was funding terrorism: “I think you could look at similar issues of what is funded in the United States,” followed by, “it’s not as straightforward as that.”​

According to O’Brien, since Al Jazeera’s journalism is solid, it doesn’t matter that the country which owns the network is a financier of terrorism.

* * * * * * * * * *

Hewitt: ”Businessweek” today has a story on Qatar, which owns Al Jazeera, and the headline calls Qatar a patron of Islamists. It says that Qatar funds and arms Islamists fighting Syrian President Bashar Assad and bankrolling Hamas in the Gaza Strip. So here’s an honest question. How can you take money from them?

O’Brien: You know, I think that there is a couple of different issues there, and I think you could look at similar issues of what is funded in the United States. To me, at the end of the day, we take a look at the journalism that is done. To me, I look at what the opportunities are and what is happening at Al Jazeera America, and the kinds of stories that they want to tell, and I don’t think anybody has said anything about their journalism at all. In fact, they’ve gotten incredibly high marks for their reporting. And thank God, I was not involved in that.

Hewitt: Well, I’m not raising that. It’s just that Qatar owns it and on CNN tonight, they’re running this helicopter footage which is, so you know, the people that Qatar funds are engaged in genocide against these Kurdistan, against the Yazidis. And I know that the journalism can be good, but if the funding for the journalism comes from a regime that is funding ISIS, does it creep you out?

O’Brien: Well, you know, I think again, at the end of the day, the thing that I think about is the journalism. And I think those are very complicated issues. They’re not as straightforward as that.

Hewitt: Is there anything that would cause you to say if Qatar was shown to be funding ISIS, would you quit Al Jazeera?

O’Brien: No, very rarely do I operate in hypotheticals. I certainly would take it under considerations, absolutely, as I take anything under consideration.

Huh. O’Brien certainly doesn’t mind using hypotheticals and “some says” when she’s grilling her guests, particularly those on the right-hand side of the aisle. Or in other words — how dare you commit journalism, Hewitt, and ask me a serious question about my ethics!

Which are certainly questionable. In 2008, O’Brien declared Obama mentor Rev. Wright’s racist speech to the NAACP “a home run,” while Wright gave cheerful shout-outs to both O’Brien and then fellow CNN talking head, the ascot-clad Roland Martin, in that same speech. In March of 2012, O’Brien presided over a CNN panel that attempted to portray then-Breitbart.com editor-in-chief Joel Pollak as a racist for his pushback against far left “Critical Race Theory,” which blew up badly in her face:

“CNN beclowns itself painting Breitbart editor-in-chief as racist.” Ed Morrissey writes at Hot Air:

Soledad O’Brien and her CNN panel manage to stumble into Contessa Brewer territory in this appearance by attempting to paint Breitbart.com editor-in-chief Joel Pollak as a racist for making a point about Barack Obama’s support for a proponent of “critical race theory” during his days at Harvard Law School. Joel ends up in an argument with a woefully unprepared O’Brien on the theory itself, but the actual facepalm moment goes to one of her panelists, who asks Joel why he’s so afraid of black people:

Only one problem, as Bryan Preston writes at the Tatler. “Joel Pollak’s wife is black. She’s from South Africa, actually, and her mother was a political appointee of none other than Nelson Mandela. Here she is, in video made when Pollak ran for Congress.”

In August of 2012, O’Brien was busted using a blog post from the far left Talking Points Memo on-air to attack a GOP defender of Paul Ryan’s budget plan.

An open letter to Soledad O'Brien.
Sent to her this morning by email. HH was CC'd...

Ms. O'Brien,

I recently heard your interview with Hugh Hewitt regarding Qatar. As someone who has spent the last three years investigating what this tiny Gulf state is up to, I can assure you that Qatar not only funds international terrorism, but participates in the international narcotics traffic as well as the slave (labor and sex) trade.

The Qataris have built a paper empire on human suffering. Their intimate ties with Indian crime boss Dawood Ibrahim are glaring. Whether it is heroin, forced labor, or sex trafficking and prostitution, Qatar lines the pockets of it's some 278,000 citizens by preying on innocent lives.

But the worst is the most recent. Multiple documents have linked Qatar directly to ISIS and the Christian genocide. Al Jazeera is silent as thousands and thousands of Christians, and now Yazidis, are mercilessly slaughtered by the jihad in their attempt to rebuild a Caliphate. Not to mention the Shiites and secular Sunnis who are wantonly executed for not conforming to their totalitarian schema.

I make all my research public. It is sourced from credible sources, including CNN. (Erin Burnett did a good segment on Qatar not long ago.) You can read all on my website:

www.misterchambers.com

I hope you take the time to examine and double check my research. And once you realize that you are on the payroll of a modern day Third Reich, you tell this to the public and resign from Al Jazeera.
We've established what she is, now we're discussing price.
Just because she's drawing a paycheck from the 21st century equivalent of the Völkischer Beobachter (and seemingly rather self-satisfied about it), that's no reason to question her moral judgment After all, it's not like she's taking money from the Koch Brothers or something.
Start working at home with Google! It's by-far the best job I've had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this - 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, go to tech tab for work detail

✒✒✒✒✒✒ JOBS7000.COM
A drug addicted streetwalker in Tijuana has more integrity in her little pinky than Soledad.
Same way a prostitute takes money from her "Johns."
We know what she is, we're just negotiating price!

-HTuttle and I had the same first impression-
"She is untalented and she should quit. But I don't want it to be because of me. It should be the traditional route: years of rejection and failure until she's spit out of the bottom of the p0rn industry."
Ah, yes the dreaded "hypthetical". We spend most of our waking hours thinking in "what if" scenarios, preparing for the future. But if someone asks you a tough ethical question, it's a "hypothetical" and you refuse to answer. It's especially true for politicians, and I suppose that's what O'Brien always was.
Sole-dad is a prison in NY, I saw the movie after the inmates had fun rioting. bad movie, just like the movies the muslims are making simply bad,
Please... don't insult the other white meat. Swine have cleaner hands (hooves?) than this pig.
Soledad who to me is known as SoLd-My-Dad. She sold the white half of her ancestry to make her bones in the news business as a minority.

So why would it be shocking that Sold-My-Dad is working for Al Jazeera?
An open letter to Soledad O'Brien.
Sent to her this morning by email. HH was CC'd...

Ms. O'Brien,

www.misterchambers.com

Money talks, which flat out explains the high profile of Qatar.

But don't worry, once our operatives teach the 1.5 million non-Qataris to organize and demand citizenship, the less than 20% representation of Qataris in parliament will cut down their access to what will now be public funds and Hinduism will equal Wahhabism percentagewise. Get ready for cricket fields and Filipino universities Qataris.
1 2 3 Next View All