Ed Driscoll

CNN Reporter: Israelis Are ‘Scum’

July 18th, 2014 - 12:17 pm

diana_magnay_cnn_israelis_scum_7-17-14-1

This is CNN:

CNN International correspondent Diana Magnay referred to a group of Israelis as “scum” after she claimed that they were standing on a hill near the town of Sderot cheering as bombs landed in Gaza, according to a screen-shot of the comment captured by National Review.

“Israelis on hill above Sderot cheer as bombs land on #Gaza; threaten to ‘destroy our car if I say a word wrong’. Scum,” Magnay tweeted and then quickly deleted, though it was retweeted nearly 250 times before being taken down.

Magnay has been removed from covering the conflict and CNN issued an apology for her tweet.

Which they do on a regular basis when their correspondents express their true feelings regarding the Middle East. Right around this time in 2010, I wrote:

I must confess that as one of the vast majority of Americans who no longer watches CNN unless trapped in an airport, I hadn’t heard of Octavia Nasr, CNN’s senior editor of Mideast affairs, until I stumbled over a YouTube clip of her discussing the Gaza flotilla for today’s “Cold Civil War” video.  But, she’s now the latest CNN journalist to let the mask slip on her biases via Twitter. Or as as the URL of Daniel Helper’s post at the Weekly Standard describes succinctly, “cnn-editor-mourns-loss-terrorist:”

How did CNN senior editor of Middle East affairs Octavia Nasr celebrate July 4? By mourning the passing of Hezbollah’s Sayyed Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah. Here’s what the CNN editor posted on her Twitter account:

Sad to hear of the passing of Sayyed Mohammad Hussein Fadlallah.. One of Hezbollah’s giants I respect a lot..#Lebanon

I grabbed a screen shot of Nasr’s Twitter, both to illustrate this post, and because Tweets from leftwing old media figures occasionally seem to disappear from time to time.* “Oddly enough,” as Reuters, a news agency with a similar worldview as CNN, might say.

After Nasr was pushed out of CNN, I wrote:

Hey, Nasr was just carrying on where former CNN propagandist reporter Peter Arnett, soon-to-be departed Christiane Amanpour, and former head honcho Eason Jordan all left off. (Not to mention founder Ted Turner.) Unfortunately, much like Jordan himself when he preposterously declared at Davos in 2005 that US troops in Iraq were deliberately targeting journalists (after admitting that he was perfectly cool working for a former Iraqi dictator who was busy targeting US troops), Nasr also dropped the mask, and eliminated any shred of “objectivity.”

She eventually wound-up at MBC — the Dubai-based Middle East Broadcasting Center. Perhaps MBC considers CNN their farm team.

By her logic I suppose she thinks most arabs are also 'scum' since they've been seen cheering whenever the Israelis take a hit. Or maybe she thinks that behavior is entirely appropriate?

On the race to the bottom, CNN has a long way to go before catching MSNBC, but it seems they are giving it their best shot.
Twitter may put more Leftists to rest than a San Francisco earthquake.

You'd think by now these meat headed Jew haters masquerading as journalists would have learned to just keep muttering under their breadth instead of taking to Twitter.

But then I never did find many on the Left terribly bright.

Start working at home with Google! It's by-far the best job I've had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474 this - 4 weeks past. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, go to tech tab for work detail

----------------------> http://www.jobs700.com
lets hope Diana flies over the Ukraine on the way to her next assignment
Thank you for the reminder re: Eason Jordan's water-carrying for Saddam. Neither let us forget that The Wall Street Journal's Brett Stephens (still there) immediately jumped on on Oped pages to defend his "friend" Jordan's actions to the bitter end.
Does anyone else read this as "they are scum because they threatened to destroy our car if they didn't like what I was saying?"

I hate it when the other side constantly nurses grievance. Even with my very pro-Israeli opinions, I might be pretty ticked off if someone threatened me if I didn't toe the line (even if I agreed with it). That said, I'm sure she is anti-Israel like all good hearted leftists.
This won't be welcomed here but I'll say it anyway.

I have no doubt that this Magnay buys the Hamas propaganda and it makes my blood boil. However, this slip is minor. It shows her prejudice against Israel but it was said without thinking as Twitter remarks often are. Let her apologize, take a leave, and get on with it. It's better to know that CNN harbors people like her than to pretend that it is a fair minded news source. I'd rather it be in the open than under the hood.
I'm constantly perplexed by the large numbers of fellow (?)
Jews who still cling to Israel bashing CNN, NYTimes, and
MSNBC....to say nothing of the 70% who voted to elect and
( horrors!) re-elect the most hostile-to-Israel president
America has ever seen.
" “Israelis on hill above Sderot cheer as bombs land on #Gaza; threaten to ‘destroy our car if I say a word wrong’. Scum,” "

So did they warn her verbally before she opened her mouth, or did they have a placard up with the threat?

I doubt that the Israelis would have threatened her, and most probably just made some comments.
Israelis love to argue but seldom resort to violence.
Journalism just like Academia,the Alphabet Organs of State and the DemocRAT REGIME is INFESTED by half educated extremely POLITICALLY biased Left wing moonbats.
I am reminded of the line in "Citizen Kane".
"So what if I'm loosing a million dollars a year; I have 62 million. That means I can go on for 62 more years"
Evidence and fact always demolishes the Alinsky progressive propaganda that if Jesus had been born 30 years ago Fox news would have labeled him a terrorist and socialist.
I do not see EVER any support from Israel and the Jewish from the left. CNN, MSN and others have fallen into a Lord of the Flies scenario with rabid hatred and back slapping for the best snark. Journalism no longer matters, only what gives titters to themselves and the 14 viewers.
1 2 3 Next View All