You can’t say you weren’t warned:
● “FDR’s policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate.”
— Press release, UCLA Newsroom, August 10, 2004.
● “RECOVERY SUMMER #4: Obama: Our economy is ‘poised for progress.’ Or is it #5 now?”
— Blog post, Instapundit.com, today.
Or as a recent video at Prager University asked:
Oh, and speaking of Time, when I searched Google for the above cover, I came across three stories which chart the annual progress of how Time viewed BHO in relation to FDR:
● November 24, 2008: Time magazine publishes above cover with BHO as FDR, complete with Roosevelt’s jaunty cigarette holder, which is probably the most miraculous portion of the illustration, considering the leftwing MSM’s obsession with political correctness.
● July 6, 2009: Time’s cover headline sagely cautions, “What Barack Obama Can Learn From FDR,” which seems more than a little odd, considering that a year ago, Time thought Obama was FDR.
● February 22nd, 2010: The metatag on a Time article, in other words, the headline that comes up when searching on Google warns, “Why Obama is not FDR.”
Given the moribund nature of the American economy, perhaps Time’s first assessment was more correct than they realized.