Dr. Helen

Tucker Carlson doesn’t want his son watching Oprah:

Over the weekend, Fox News host Tucker Carlson shared a personal decision he made to protect his young son: No more Oprah Winfrey. During a discussion about a father who decided to “break up” with rap music for the sake of his baby girl, Carlson said he did the same with Winfrey for his son.

“I know the feeling,” Carlson said, commiserating with the man who was fed up with the “misogyny” of rap music. “When I had a son, I stopped watching Oprah because it was just too anti-male, and I felt like I didn’t want to bring him up in a home where Oprah was constantly attacking men.”

Good for you Tucker. Women like Oprah tend to treat men as foreign beings who are accessories to women at best and outright predators and perverts at worst. On the other hand, it might help to explain to boys the psychological dynamics of what these women are doing so that he can learn to protect himself as he gets older. Or you can give him a copy of my book…

*****
Cross-posted at PJ Lifestyle

What boy would voluntarily watch Oprah? My daughters would not voluntarily watch Oprah.
Blow up your TV; throw 'way your paper...

Oprah, as bad as she is, is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't watch tv anymore per se. Even back in the 70s I could see the tear down starting. The 80s only got worse. I stopped watching for the most part before the 90s.

I tried cable somewhere around 2007. I got rid of it a short while later. In talk shows, sitcoms, and tv episodes, feminism and it's new morality was the flavor of each and every story. The men were emasculated cads who would do anything for sex, and the women were bossy sluts who always knew best. Of course sluts were never referred to as sluts, and sleeping around was perfectly normal according to the story lines.

The only masculine men in most of the shows (shows that actually had masculine men that is) were some of the the tv episode bad guys. And the bad guys were usually the only people who once in a while had some traditional values that at one time were understood to be good, yet in the stories were shown to be bad. The same thing goes for 90+% of the movies.

Unless Mr. Carlson has made a huge change in his thought process (and maybe he has if this article is an indication), he is just another male feminist (sadly like most men today) only with political leanings toward the 'right'. The problem is that today's 'right' is yesteryear's left. Does a fish even know that it is wet?
Tucker's comment puts Oprah quite beautifully on the same level as low-life gangsters. We're not talking about bag-wearing Others living in the far-off and semi-mystical ghetto, but every materialistic and cuckolding fatwife who lets herself go the moment she gets her husband's balls in a legal noose. And more devastatingly, it gets Joe Workweek wondering if his life-shortening efforts in the weekly slavepit amount to nothing more than turning tricks for his blubbery stay-at-home princess. It makes scented candles and matching throw pillows appear no more sophisticated than gold teeth and matching tramp stamps.
He'll be wanting to avoid Dr. Phil as well. Well, really anything on TV before 7 pm, unless it is Castle or NCIS reruns on cable channels.