Dr. Helen

“That’s not equality. That’s revenge.”

July 12th, 2013 - 1:55 pm

Suzanne Venker at Fox News.com: “Men — the new second class citizens:”

When men become husbands and fathers, things get really bad. In family courts throughout America, men are routinely stripped of their rights and due process. The Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) is easily used against them since its definition of violence is so broad that virtually any conflict between partners can be considered abuse.

“If a woman gets angry for any reason, she can simply accuse a man and men are just assumed guilty in our society,” notes Dr. Helen Smith, author of the new book, “Men on Strike.” This is particularly heinous since, as Smith adds, violence in domestic relations “is almost 50% from men and 50% from women.”

Shocked? If so, that’s in part because the media don’t believe men can be victims of domestic violence—so they don’t report it. They would rather feed off stories that paint women as victims. And in so doing, they’ve convinced America there’s a war on women.

Yet it is males who suffer in our society. From boyhood through adulthood, the White American Male must fight his way through a litany of taunts, assumptions and grievances about his very existence. His oppression is unlike anything American women have faced. Unlike women, however, men don’t organize and form groups when they’ve been persecuted. They just bow out of the game.America needs to wake up. We have swung the pendulum too far in the other direction—from a man’s world to a woman’s world.

That’s not equality. That’s revenge.

Well, it seem that Dr.Helen [http://Dr.Helen/], you are for real! I have spent some time, reading up on you, your book(s) and your past on this issue. I must applaud you, the bold truthfulness of your message about what the feminatzi's have done to the Institution of marriage and themselves and hope you are not silenced, marginalized and attacked like so many that oppose the liberal feminatzi, their perspective and call them out, on the lies they tell about. I have known and experienced the gender discrimination and the guarenteed benefits delivered when women tell the "perfect lie" in the Family Law courts. It has become standard practice since that infamous Colledge Football hero, drove his White Bronco around southern California for a parade and tour. I, and my 2 sons, have experienced nearly 20 years of this and would be more then willing to share with you "an Insiders" perspective.
My views on marriage have dramatically changed over the decades. I used to be the biggest supporter of marriage, and I was adamantly against cohabitation. With the laws being what they are, I would NEVER encourage any man to get married; however, if he does choose to marry, he should at least be familiar with the risks involved. In our society, women have all the power.
I saw your interview on Fox News, I'm former military, retired Navy. It impressed me enough to buy your book the same day. I have lived this nightmare in spades. I was married one time, and I never will be again. I don't know why any guy would bother today & will never again be able to encourage marriage for any man. Thanks to my ex-wife and the Court system you write about in your book, I have had no contact or visitation from the three children I've faithfully paid support for from the day I divorced their 'mother.' I know I am not the only one who has TOTALLY checked out ~ and there will be many more.
Dr. Helen. I have your text, Men On Strike, on my lap seated in Central Park in New York City. This is plain-spoken, insightful brilliance. And it is the story of my adult life. Contact me. Please.
I think Venker is great and I have bought several of her books, but I quibble with the "revenge" reference. Because this could be construed as upholding the Feminist agitprop that all men oppressed/oppress women. I don't think this was her intention, but rather than "revenge" it would be simpler to call it bigotry and hate.