Dr. Helen

8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back

May 12th, 2013 - 5:33 am

I was reading Drudge and saw that he and other intense internet users were enlisting the help of Esther Gokhale, author of 8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back: Natural Posture Solutions for Pain in the Back, Neck, Shoulder, Hip, Knee, and Foot:

Mr. Drudge is one of thousands of people who have trained with Esther Gokhale, a posture guru in Silicon Valley. She believes that people suffer from pain and dysfunction because they have forgotten how to use their bodies. It’s not the act of sitting for long periods that causes us pain, she says, it’s the way we position ourselves….

Mr. Drudge read Ms. Gokhale’s book, “8 Steps to a Pain-Free Back,” before training with her in person. “I needed her touch, her observations and her humanity,” he said.

I read and reviewed this book several years ago and it has really helped with computer-related pain:

I tried some of the exercises in the book which show how to sit, stand, bend and walk correctly and was pleasantly surprised that they seemed to ease some of the stiffness of the computer. The exercises with bands (that I already had in the house) were most helpful and stretched my legs out and felt great! I very much recommend the book if you spend too much time on the computer. If nothing else, the photography and illustrations make this book worthwhile on their own.

And if these methods work for Matt Drudge with his sitting up to 17 hours a day, maybe they will work for the rest of us.

Also read: Should Doctors Be Allowed To Choose Not to Treat Fat People?

A nephew swears by this book, says that it has helped him quite a bit as well. I have a Neanderthal back, with an oversized spine that sneers at weight, so I wasn't as impressed. When they can regrow the knees I used up in the military, please teill me!
“I needed her touch, her observations and her humanity,” he said."

I yes I with 61 year old beauty body and I look 19 years old no longer 20,with great handsome ,robust , beauty sun tan ,thousands of angels on my right and left ,rose petals budding just for me,singing birds gathering to on my garden walk this morn to listen to MY soNG...i am glad the rif raf beneath me get to have motherly touch in their lives to take away old bone old man back pain stink on Mother's Day

footnote

"For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror were still able to bear and why we adore it so is that it serenely disdains to destroy us"
R.R
Off his meds, again. Can we get this guy banned? His posts simply are a waste of time and space. They pollute the comments.

O/T Helen, Stephen Green has not posted for 3 days, and he made no mention of time off. He did not even do his Friday night videos entry. Not like him at all. Could you maybe check up on him, please?

Maybe I am off-base here, but with all the news on Friday, I expected him to be frothing at the mouth. That Friday Press-Corps briefing was just ripe for his snark. Jay Carney was being hammered by the Press. Not like him to miss such a delicious opportunity.

Thanks. :)
Merci, cherie. :)

Still missing his posts, though. :'(