Klavan On The Culture

Great Idea: A Film Project Worth Supporting

March 30th, 2014 - 8:51 am
YouTube Preview Image

Those of you who have read my essay The Crisis in the Arts know how strongly I feel about the battle for the culture.  I think conservatives have been foolish to allow the left to seize control of the high ground of American art and entertainment. I feel — to paraphrase Andrew Breitbart — that GOP fund raisers and operatives work us up into a panic every couple of years by telling us the fate of the nation rests on the outcome of this or that congressional race. We pour our money into their campaigns — and, meanwhile, the left plays the long game of eroding the American way in novels, in music, on television and at the movies.

This may be starting to change, and I’ve tried to highlight projects that could make a difference. Here’s a big one — with a chance for the rest of us to get in on the ground floor and join the fight.

Filmmakers Phelim McAleer and Ann McElhinney have launched what they call the “biggest ever crowd funding campaign.” Their goal: to finance a TV film about abortionist and serial killer Kermit Gosnell. Gosnell was the worst serial killer in American history — but the media buried his story and mainstream Hollywood will never touch it. Why? You know why. Because Gosnell was an abortionist and in order to fully recognize the horrors of his crimes, you have to begin to think about the logic of abortion and the flimsy arguments that support it. Rather than let that happen, the mainstream media stayed away from one of the trials of the decade. Here’s a picture of the empty courtroom seats reserved for the press:

Like it says in the Bible: Jesus wept!

Sadly, the thing that really makes Gosnell stand out the most is that he was prosecuted.

There was no type of abuse going on at Gosnell's facility that I haven't seen well-documented elsewhere. And at least Gosnell wasn't raping his patients.
I just sent in $50. I hope they get this done!
All you need to know about progressives is that Gosnell is a hero to them. Every progressive grows up dreaming of becoming a mass murderer just like Gosnell.
Great idea! You need to make sure you have the Margaret Sanger need to exterminate black children!

How will this project differ from the excellent 3801 Lancaster?
Im in. All that money spent on RINOs should go to cultural productions and media business acquisition.
I just kicked in $50. Thank God for people willing to do this kind of work.
Just sent them $50. Thank you Mr. Klavan for drawing my attention.
I just pledged $25 this morning. I sincerely hope this movie is made.