Klavan On The Culture

Blessed Are the Peacemakers

November 11th, 2013 - 7:24 am
YouTube Preview Image

[If you have a moment, please watch the wonderful three minute movie scene above through to the end.]

It always annoys me when a church waxes mealy-mouthed in celebration of the military. They do this, I know, because the church leaders think such celebrations detract from their aura of Christly peace. “We pray for those serving in the armed forces around the world,” goes one Episcopalian formulation — which is twice mealy-mouthed because it not only fails to pray for the right people, it’s fashioned to make you think that you ARE praying for the right people.  You can tell yourself you’re praying for those serving in OUR armed forces around the world, but you’re not. You’re praying for the soldiers of North Korea too — and, Lord, if you’re listening, as far as I’m concerned, you can feel free to smite those sons of bitches at any time. Don’t hold back any smiting on my account.

Jesus blessed the peacemakers. In this fallen world, that sometimes means good guys with guns. Just as neighborhoods are safer where homeowners go armed, so the world is more peaceful where free nations maintain a strong military. I am aware every day — every day — that I read, write, love, pray and simply walk down the street — because there are those who risk their lives to protect me from the armies of the bad guys. If you think that detracts from my aura of Christly peace, so be it. Personally, I think it gives the aura a fresh layer of realism and honesty.

Love is not love that will not stand and fight.

God bless our veterans and those serving today. Just like the Man said.

*****

Cross-posted at PJ Lifestyle

My roomate's mom makes $70 hourly on the computer. She has been fired from work for 8 months but last month her paycheck was $17263 just working on the computer f or a few hours. check this....>.........>>>
Part 3
I posted here around two hours ago in part over how a congressional staffer buried my proposal for stopping Obamacare. I noted I emailed a staffer who had helped me with a way to get around reluctant DC staffers. 80 minutes after I posted that here, a third staffer in the mix phoned me to tell me I had to do my Obamacare proposal myself, and not use the congressman since he needed consensus before he could act. Please look at this and do a column – on my Obamacare proposal which was just rejected an hour ago, and on how we can get around these blocking Republican staffers. A column by you should lead to quick implementation of either, if you agree with them.
Part 2
If you read this, including if one of the people who also post comments to your columns ask you to read this, please know a single column by you finally enables Americans to support our troops with efforts designed to bring down enemy morale, like mine.

This is how bad it is: On October 24, 2013 a candidate who had recently served in the War called me. I had emailed his campaign twice. I begged he refer me to a staffer or supporter who supports our troops, who could look at what I did and hopefully tell him how he could use my work and his candidacy to enable Americans to bring down enemy morale. He insisted I tell him what I did there on the phone. Then he referred me to two campaign staffers as I had asked. One responded by basically telling me I had to do these things myself. After the candidate had called me, heard me describe four of my efforts he could incorporate into his campaign, and sent me to that staffer, that staffer chose to successfully block me. All based no doubt on the sick premise that a Republican cannot win or retain office if he dares says Americans can support our soldiers in this War.

As to the timing of my begging you, please note this has just happened: Around October 1, 2013 I returned to a legislator’s office who had refused to help our soldiers, this time to beg he use my proposal for stopping Obamacare. The staffer was wonderful, and enabled me to immediately submit my proposal. Weeks letter I got a form letter email not on point. So I returned to the helpful staffer through email. Someone also went to her for me. She immediately set up (for the next day) a chance for me to briefly meet the legislator and one of his staffers. Face to face. The meeting was very encouraging. The staffer was encouraging. He read my proposal in front of me. The initial staffer had additionally set up a call from a Washington DC staffer. That staffer called me. And I am buried by her.
So I emailed the initial staffer a way to get around reluctant Washington DC Republican staffers. No response.
If you take my proposal for ending Washington DC Republican staffers from barring conservative initiatives, and my proposal on stopping Obamacare, I would deeply appreciate it. A column by you on either and it will be done as you suggest it should be done.

I sent my Obamacare proposal to one place before the form letter email arrived. I just posted there asking it show my Obamacare proposal and my way to end DC staffers from stopping conservative initiatives. I offer you the supplemental line I posted there two hours agoon this issue:
Republican DC staffers render dynamic Republican congressmen inept.

If my efforts are His, please use them so God can answers prayers by and for our soldiers and intervene for them. And please let Him stop Obamacare before it grievously and irreparably harms us. If it takes away my doctor, I will sob and sob (well I will try to fight the urge) over that crippling. I will not be alone. My doctor literally saved my life. I don’t want a stranger in his place. One column and you stop it, if my proposal the DC staffer buried is feasible.

If prayer says post this, I will.
Part 1
I write comments here hoping you will see one, and kindly decide to do a column on how the fact enemy soldiers see no home front efforts for our soldiers, encourages the enemy soldiers fighting ours. About how since the enemy soldiers see nothing from America except care packages and thanks and care for returned soldiers, they fight with the highest morale possible.

I prayed for a way to the help our soldiers. Immediately, if I serve Him, I got exactly what to do. I did it as the original direction said, and as prayer thereafter directed. It turned miraculous given where and when I did it. And I have been blocked from showing it. Why? Because my Party (Republican) deems supporting the soldiers during this War too politically dangerous to do. And because the Party which swept into power by campaigning the War was wrong and should not be fought, will not drop that position.

So our soldiers have been maimed and killed by an unrelentingly enthused enemy for years.

You post a wonderful prayer for war. I tell people I beg that He heard the prayers of our soldiers and of those who prayed for the soldiers. I tell them He has tried to intervene due to those prayers, but has been blocked. Not a single prominent American will let Him intervene for our soldiers. Assuming my effort is His, there is literally no place I can take it to show it. All because one Party swept into power by declaring the current War wrong.

Who stops me? Staffers and radio show producers. I am here because I have tried to reach Janine Turner since October, 2011. She recently asked her supporters by email to post to her website. I did and but for one was censored. No posting is permitted to ask she enable Americans to back our soldiers during this War. Her staff bars it. So she then emails see her columns here. I come here and post and PJM kindly does not censor me. I thank PJM again for that now. Janine Turner’s staff buckles after many comments here and puts up one of my censored comments. But that is all. No response from Janine Turner.

So if I serve Him, it is now look for another columnist here. That columnist can see your comments to Janine Turner’s columns as background. So I go down the list. Your name leaps out. Very familiar. I see I have not contacted you before. So I check my file of people I thought of begging but did not. You were number 10 in it. I don’t know why I did not contact you. But I assume I had no email address to do so. I saved your article in the Limbaugh Letter, to which I subscribe. I didn’t date it when I copied it, but it was after you wrote a column “Take the Limbaugh Challenge”. I saved a June 6, 2009 World magazine article on you, to which I subscribe. I starred the last paragraph, in which you said you felt called to fight when Hollywood started making movies attacking our troops while they were in the field. You said you felt as long as people were out there getting shot to protect you, you owed it to them. Thank you for that. My file has a plea I handwrote on January 6, 2009 to back your Hollywood effort, which I never sent. That was due to a Fox News article I saved from January 6, 2009 on Hollywood Conservatives, in which you were quoted as saying we never before had anti-war movies made while our troops were at war. You said people like you were ashamed of the industry, and that there had been a backlash.
Bring all of our foreign troops home that are not in immanent danger. From Germany - Afghanistan (since O already set the surrender date), Japan etc..
Place them all in 4 new military posts placed evenly along the southern border.
Small 1-2 division installations that train regularly right along the border. It would be great infiltration tactical real world training. Maybe all light infantry units, with only field hospitals wooden barracks, and simple housing for dependents etc.. Maybe added airborne and air assault schools. Sniper schools etc...

Sounds like fun!! I went in under Carter, and only the officers and suck-ups were getting the airborne and sniper school openings.
Written and directed by the great Randall Wallace.
Michael J. Walsh
Combat wounded Vietnam vet 25th ID, 2/34th Armor, Recon Plt, 11D APC driver. Wounded Tet 68. Loved that movie I was a soldier once. Damn, even shots of Ft Benning. I recognized it right away.
Thanks, Andrew. I love you for this!
Mr. Klavan, our problem is that we now despise the very institutions that brought us to where we are, in the wrongful notion they were never necessary in the first place. We are transforming those institutions into failure, so that the next time they ARE necessary, they won't work.

We'll probably be okay, more or less, but you can't say that for the entirety of South America and Asia that doesn't have to currently bankrupt their economies on military spending because of the Pax Americana. Hell, we should be charging Canada. What would their economy be like if they defended the world and we got a free ride?

People who disdain what got us here ignore the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and WW II. Easy for racialist feminists to whine about capitalist racist patriarchies, when they simply ignore the fact all their rights flow from that identity. Without that identity the most vulnerable hate, they would still be unable to vote, if not slaves. Certainly the Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere had forms of de facto slavery.

What system ended that:

A) Delightful pacifist feminism
B) The now despised male soldier

Prayer AND ammo. Prayers, reason and protests would've had little effect at Iwo Jima. The reason violence is necessary is cuz we can't get everyone to agree to be nice. Peace is not a static concept or one that is natural, because there are other people in the world who like something for nothing, and have the national treasure and arms to act on it.

I keep mention the bell hooks-Melissa Harris-Perry conversation because I can't get its stupidity out of my mind. But I really wish those two had lived in Korea in the '30s. That dose of hard reality would yank them right out of their insulated and provincial delusions.
AMEN!!!!
It is there because good men stood ready to do violence to protect others and they are the ungrateful beneficiaries of it
hello. Bring Our Troops Home NOW .
And do what with them?
Are you volunteering to go take their place and defend your right to be make stupid comments like this one? Since your right to speak, however misguided or uninformed it may be is guaranteed from repression by them and their bravery, I recommend you thank them and perhaps consider how that right to speak has been delivered by sheer intestinal fortitude.
Well put.