Evidence has linked last week’s suspicious person near the Pentagon to last fall’s shootings at military targets, a source told NBC Washington.
Federal law enforcement officials told NBC that they are preparing to charge Marine reservist Yonathan Melaku in connection with the shootings.
Melaku, 22, caused a security scare that prompted massive road closures near the Pentagon during the Friday morning rush, authorities said. …
InsideNova.com reported that an anonymous source said forensic evidence links Melaku to five shootings at military buildings in October and November. Federal law enforcement officials did not confirm for NBC that the evidence is forensic in nature. They said the evidence connecting Melaku to the shootings was developed after his arrest Friday. An official described it as ballistics evidence for the Associated Press.