Good Friday morning.
Here is what’s on the president’s agenda today:
- The president receives his intelligence briefing
- President Trump participates in a signing ceremony for H.R. 6157, the “Department of Defense and Labor, Health, and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act and Continuing Appropriations Act”
- The president participates in a bilateral meeting with the president of the Republic of Chile
Let’s talk about America’s latest Rorschach Test
Kavanaugh will be voted out of the Judiciary Committee this morning around 9 a.m.
Did you watch yesterday? I did and I had to go to the dentist because I broke a tooth. But that didn’t stop me. I watched while I was in the dentist’s chair! I think the hearings mostly confirmed pre-existing opinions, at least that is what my Facebook feed indicated. Here are some interesting tidbits I took away from the hearing.
1. It looked to me like accuser Christine Ford was taken advantage of by DiFi, the Democrats who wanted to tank Trump’s SCOTUS pick, and her politically motivated lawyers. She probably believes what she says. I don’t think she is “in on it,” but rather that she is being exploited. She came off as convincing even though there was no corroborating evidence.
2. Accuser Ford flew to D.C., even though we were told there couldn’t be a hearing immediately because Dr. Ford was afraid to fly. We learned she flies frequently and she flies all over the world. Why did her lawyers lie? To buy them time and drag this out so more accusers could come forward and attack Kavanaugh.
3. DiFi helped Ford find a lawyer. For all the chest beating about how serious Ford’s claims are against Kavanaugh that America needs an FBI investigation, remember DiFi sat on the serious accusation for weeks and weeks. Also remember that DiFi had a Chinese spy working for her for more than 20 years and she didn’t know it, so she can’t really speak credibly about what her staff would or would not leak.
4. Ford’s lawyers seemed to lie to her about Grassley’s willingness to interview her in California. Ford looked surprised when Grassley informed her the committee offered to send investigators to interview her in California. Of course that wouldn’t have been a spectacle, which is what the left wanted.
5. DiFi’s staff leaked her identity to the media and that was always going to be the play. The left doesn’t operate by the rules. Technically, Kavanaugh is qualified and in theory the SCOTUS process is not supposed to be political just like cabinet appointments aren’t supposed to be political. But to the left everything is political. That is why the idiot Republicans gave Democrat presidents like Obama the radical nominees he wanted with little pushback, while the Democrats fight and obstruct Trump on every nomination. The left was always going to conduct Kavanaugh’s confirmation hearing on their turf, the media, and not within the proper process channels.
6. Senator Lindsey Graham won the day with his impassioned speech. I like post-McCain Lindsey Graham.
Thanks to all the idiots who backed Roy Moore over Mo Brooks. Jones to vote against Kavanaugh
And that’s all I’ve got — now go beat back the angry mob!