BREAKING: Syrian Refugee in Germany Kills One, Injures Two More in Machete Attack

Less than a week after a man who had claimed refugee status as a 17-year-old Afghan attacked train riders with an axe in Wurzburg, Germany, and after an attack by a German-Iranian teen in Munich on Friday that killed nine, now come reports that a Syrian refugee wielding a machete has killed a pregnant woman and wounded two others in Reutlingen, Germany.

Reuters reports:

A 21-year-old Syrian refugee killed a woman with a machete and injured two other people on Sunday before being arrested in the southern German city of Reutlingen, a police spokesman said.

The asylum-seeking Syrian man had been involved in previous incidents causing injuries to other people, he said. The spokesman had no immediate information on when the man arrived in Germany, or when the previous incidents took place.

The assailant was apparently acting alone, the police official said. "There is no danger to anyone else at this time," he told Reuters. No further details were immediately available.

It was the fourth act of violence against civilians in western Europe - and the third in southern Germany - in 10 days.

There is video of the incident and pictures of his arrest circulating on Twitter: