Keep Rockin', Sen. Menendez!
"If You Don’t Think ‘Jailbait Hookers’ Is Headline News, You Don’t Know News," Stacy McCain writes. And as we've seen repeatedly through the last decade, the American media don't know news. Or at the least, they know the definition of the words "news industry" in a rather Orwellian way. They're not in the business of reporting news, but rather (if you'll pardon the pun), their job is to be the gatekeepers for the Democrat politicians they support:
When the major news networks ignored the FBI raid on the Miami doctor who bankrolled Sen. Robert Menendez’s trips to the Dominican Republic, I was frankly stunned. No matter how liberal your bias may be, the allegation that Menendez was banging underage hookers during his Caribbean expeditions is irresistible as news.
There is nothing in mere politics than can equal the power of a sex scandal to make people pay attention.
And dude: Chairman of the Foreign Relations Committee? It’s almost as good as a sex scandal with a congressman named Weiner.
Just add the Menendez scandal to the bonfire of the MSM's vanity journalism:
● An L.A. Times editor tells its reporters not to report on John Edwards' scandals, but to "keep rockin'" instead.
● A presidential candidate promises if elected, he'll bankrupt entire industries? That's not news to the San Francisco Chronicle.
● A presidential candidate spends his adult life in the pulpit of a church run by a racist pastor? Down the memory hole, says CNN and the rest of the media.
● A scandal threatens the entire global warming industry? We'd really rather not cover that, says the New York Times.
● A sex scandal involving Anthony Weiner? “To twerps demanding I cover Anthony Weiner Twitter scandal: Whole thing appears to be faked. Sometimes it pays to wait for the facts," Howard Kurtz of CNN smugly tweeted, hoping it will all go away.
● Scandals in the Obama White House? None that we can see, shouted the Atlantic in 2011, fast and furiously.
Oh and the response from the MSM to anyone for anyone complaining? Just shut up. No really, just shut up, already:
Article printed from Ed Driscoll: http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll
URL to article: http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2013/1/31/keep-rockin-sen-menendez