The Torch Has Been Passed To A New Generation
…the Democrats are thinking about giving us another bite at that particular apple. To summarize this… scheme:
- Jon Corzine resigns prior to January.
- Richard Codey becomes acting Governor (remember: no Lt. Gov before this election).
- Frank Lautenberg (currently 85 years old) resigns as Senator.
- Codey appoints Corzine Senator.
(H/T: The Campaign Spot) Let me add the next step:
- Republicans pick up an unlooked-for Senate seat via a 2010 special election.
…which is probably not Corzine’s intent; but then, neither was losing the governor’s race. As for this prospective race… a recent loser, a Democrat, and an incumbent in 2010. That would be perfect, thanks.
Are New Jersey Dems likely to run Corzine again?
In Louisiana North politics, anything can happen.