Hillary Clinton might not be shouting, “Run away! Run away!” But she’s certainly whispering it:
Democratic 2016 frontrunner Hillary Clinton nudged the accelerator in her effort to get past the problems with ObamaCare bedeviling the president and their party. Talking to a gathering of health information specialists in Florida, Clinton sounded more than open to substantial changes to President Obama’s signature law. From Reuters: “Part of the challenge is to clear away all the smoke and try to figure out what is working and what isn’t,’ Clinton, who served as secretary of state in Obama’s first term, was quoted by CNN as saying. ‘What do we need to do to try to fix this? Because it would be a great tragedy, in my opinion, to take away what has now been provided.’”
What’s there to lose? Near as I can tell here’s what’s been provided:
• The world’s first half-functional, $20 million dollar website purchased for $1 billion.
• Bunches of equally unloved state exchanges.
• Less-desirable plans.
• Somewhere around 20,000 new IRS agents.
• The legal right to keep your kids dependent on your plan eight frigging years past high school.
• Death panels.
• Mandates, paperwork, fewer doctors, the twilight of private practice, and all the rest.
• Continued non-coverage for tens of millions of the previously non-covered.
• Whiny little beyotches bragging — bragging! — on Twitter and Whitehouse.gov about how they’ve gone on the dole.
Yes, it would be a shame if the country were to lose all that.