VodkaPundit

See Dick Run

May 22nd, 2013 - 5:31 am

It’s the Absurdity Blogger Full Employment Act of 2013:

Former Rep. Anthony Weiner, whose career in public life came to an abrupt end when he sent lewd pictures to a college student on Twitter, jumped back into politics on Wednesday by announcing a bid for mayor of New York City.

“Look, I’ve made some big mistakes and I know I’ve let a lot of people down,” the Democrat said in a two-minute video announcing his bid. “But I’ve also learned some tough lessons. I’m running for mayor because I’ve been fighting for the middle class and those struggling to make it for my entire life. And I hope I get a second chance to work for you.”

I can’t wait.

Isn't there a single ambitious Dem in New York who hates this twerp as much as we do?
The headlines just right themselves...

"Weiner Slides into Race"

"Weiner Needs to Raise More Than Cash"

"Weiner Faces Stiff Opposition"

"Liberal Cash Lubricates Way for Weiner"

"Weiner Benefits from Silver Tongue"

"Response to Weiner Campaign is Soft"

"Will Weiner Effort Have a Happy Ending?"

Thanks folks, I'm here all week! Try the veal, and tip your severs well...!"
"...write..."
Thanks, like I didn't notice that "right" after I hit "post". But keep up the good work.

There is a world-wide shortage of nit-pickers.
He will be the next mayor of New York. First, he'll win the primary because of name recognition. And his brain-dead electorate will view his sending pictures of his penis around as a plus. "It just shows that he's normal, one of us" or "I don't know, it makes him kinda cool, kinda edgy, like he's not afraid to take risks" or "It's like I can relate to him more than that other guy." In the general, the R won't be able to mention the pictures because he would be labeled a prude and would lose. As a result, he will lose because he's an R and because the electorate will hate him for not having the guts to say, "What Anthony Weiner did was despicable and those of you who voted for him in the primary and are considering voting for him in the general should be ashamed of yourselves," just as a child hates the father who is too feeble to correct the him.
There are no actual Republican candidates in NYC, and haven't been for a very, very long time. R tickets aren't even RINOs. They're Democrats that the party doesn't like much.

Humor would work. It would require a network of supporters willing to go out and pull ridiculous attention-getting stunts (online and off), all geared toward steering people to a back end of well-written SEO sites that publicize Weiner's ridiculous antics. It would have to be done completely without the involvement of the opposition candidate, of course, and everything about it would have to be not just funny, but in good humor.

If Weiner could cope with that campaign without turning nasty or self-destructing, then by golly I'd vote for him myself. But I suspect he takes himself WAY too seriously.
My guess would be a good part of the electorate knows nothing of Weinergate.
In a just and logical world, he would be fit only for the adult film industry. But this is New York and he is a Democrat, which means that he is likely to win.
F. me. He'll probably win.

That Andrew Breitbart is gone and this malevolent twerp and his fifth-columnist wife steadily rise in wealth and power just might be proof of the Devil.
I bet he wins. Same dynamics as Sanford. The voter base in NYC is overwhelmingly D, so Weiner just needs to finesse his way through the primary, which he's capable of.