Click to embiggen.
How does your state stack up to Texas?
I really hate to mention this, and it doesn’t really matter towards making the point, but when we “embiggen” it, one still just sees lots of “New…”.
Like I said, it’s still pretty graphic that the most conservative state is at one end, and the least, at the extreme other.
Maybe that’s where the prophesy that California will slide into the Ocean comes from. Would Nostradamus know a chart if it bit him in the…nether regions?
Notice that DC is in the approximate +100K range. Telling…
I’d love to see the per-cap numbers.
The Governor of California is jogging with his dog along a nature trail.
A coyote jumps out and attacks the Governor’s dog, then bites the
1. The Governor starts to intervene, but reflects upon the movie
“Bambi” and then realizes he should stop because the coyote is only
doing what is natural.
2. He calls animal control . Animal Control captures the coyote
and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases and $500 for relocating it.
3. He calls a veterinarian. The vet collects the dead dog and bills the State $200 testing it for diseases.
4. The Governor goes to hospital and spends $3,500 getting checked for diseases from the coyote and on getting his bite wound bandaged.
5. The running trail gets shut down for 6 months while Fish & Game conducts a $100,000 survey to make sure the area is now
free of dangerous animals.
6. The Governor spends $50,000 in state funds implementing a
“coyote awareness program” for residents of the area.
7. The State Legislature spends $2 million to study how to better
treat rabies and how to permanently eradicate the disease throughout the world.
8. The Governor’s security agent is fired for not stopping the
attack. The State spends $150,000 to hire and train a new agent with
additional special training re: the nature of coyotes.
9. PETA protests the coyote’s relocation and files a $5 million suit against the State.
The Governor of Texas is jogging with his dog along a nature
trail. A Coyote jumps out and attacks his dog.
1. The Governor shoots the coyote with his State-issued pistol and keeps jogging. The Governor has spent $0.50 on a .45 ACP hollow point cartridge.
2. The Buzzards eat the dead coyote.
And that, my friends, is why California is broke and Texas is not.
Graphs like this should really be in a percentage format rather than a hard # format, but someone wanted to make Texas look good and California look bad.
A proud Californian. We’re #1! We’re #1! Now if only this wasn’t a bad thing.
Keep drinkin’ that Kool-Aid, Brian. Maybe another million or so illegals on your welfare rolls will convince you to turn out the lights-the party’s over.
Is it just me, or does the shape of the graph look appropriately symbolic?
Beat me to it, you did.
Comments are closed.
| VIEW MOBILE SITE
Copyright © 2005-2015 PJ Media All Rights Reserved. v1.000049f