The PJ Tatler

Rick Moran

August 17, 2014 - 11:01 am

You’ve got to hand it to the anti-gun nuts in this country. Despite their minority status, they are winning.

The latest example of that is this Fox News story of a Marine who thought he’d spend a relaxing day at Six Flags in New Jersey with his family. Upon his arrival at the gate, he was told he could not enter the park.

The problem? He was wearing an “offensive” T-shirt. Here’s a pic of the illegal piece of clothing:

0000

Apparently, the image of a gun proved too much for Six Flags to endure. They can’t go around allowing their patrons to see a picture of a gun. Who knows? It may give impressionable children the idea that guns are OK, instead of evil fire sticks that turn people into homicidal maniacs.

The account is hard to believe:

A marine was denied entrance to a New Jersey amusement park last weekend – all because of his T-shirt.

Mario Alejandro planned a trip to the amusement park with his wife and children, but was turned away at the security gate because of his shirt.

The shirt says, “Keep calm and return fire,” and has an image of a red, white and blue M-16. Alejandro is a marine, and was part of the initial invasion of Iraq in 2003.

“When we got through the metal detector, the guy stopped me. You can’t come in with that shirt,” said Alejandro. “I started laughing. ‘You are joking, right?’ He said, ‘no, that shirt is offensive.’”

Alejandro, a marine who was part of the initial invasion of Iraq in 2003, said the shirt was a Father’s Day gift, purchased from a non-profit group that supports the Marines. He said he refused to take it off on principle.

The amusement park would not budge on its policy and although Alejandro’s family went in, Mario chose not to.

In a statement, Six Flags said it does not “allow guests to wear t-shirts with images of assault rifles in our parks.”

“We apologize for any inconvenience we caused this guest, however we stand by our policy, which does not permit clothing with vulgar, offensive or violent language or images. our goal is to maintain a fun, safe and family-friendly environment,” it said.

Six Flags has every right to deny entry to anyone they wish. Now, if it were me, I would ban people wearing T-shirts with the image of broccoli on it. I think broccoli is offensive. Its taste, smell, texture — ick. Then again, I wouldn’t impose my personal feeling of what is “offensive” on everybody else. That’s sorta how it works in America — at least the America I remember. Now? Who knows?

Yep — it’s that silly. Is the gun shown firing? No. In fact, it isn’t even a realistic picture of a gun. The idea that a picture of anything is “offensive” is bat guano crazy — which is a pretty good description of the owners of Six Flags

Rick Moran is PJ Media's Chicago editor and Blog editor at The American Thinker. He is also host of the"RINO Hour of Power" on Blog Talk Radio. His own blog is Right Wing Nut House.
I don't suppose they ban tee shirts with pictures of Mao or Che Guevara. Nothing offensive about mass murderers... especially when compared to a drawing of a GUN!
"What is Six Flags, Mommy?"
"An amusement park that went out of business because they treated paying customers badly".
"Six Flags has every right to deny entry to anyone they wish."

Actually, they don't. If Six Flags tried to deny entry to a black person solely because of their race, they would be in violation of anti-discrimination laws.

However, gun owners DO have a right to to spend their entertainment dollars somewhere other than Six Flags establishments, as I certainly intend to do in the future.
It almost makes me wish I were a regular customer so I could boycott them.

They are free to ban admission to people wearing guns on their shirts.

And we are free to boycott them until they have a publicly promoted "2nd Amendment Appreciation Day"
I don't suppose the Six Flags management person whose policy this was had a name attached to it.
Shared on FB with all of my old Marine Corps buddies. This should go over well.
Sounds like an excellent topic for a James O'Keefe hidden camera: Just walk around inside recording all the shirts that meet Six Flags' offensive definition and the race of who's wearing them.... and not being kicked out.
Alejandro looks pretty dark-skinned in the picture.
Or someone who's killed over a hundred kids with drone strikes.
I wonder what they would do about a shirt with a picture of Che Guevara holding a gun?
Well since their policy precludes violent messages as well, we can just call this a verbal slip by the security guard. It is clearly a violent message, in a wholesome American way. I just hope they're consistent. I doubt it. It just makes a guy want to see all the T-shirts they let in.
I keep asking this every time I see this story. Does 6 flags ban the cloth coffins? Those insane koranimals have been using those abominations to hide weapons and bombs that they USE FOR REAL, for decades. So, are they allowed to just waltz on in, no strip search of their "religious" trash bags of misogynistic oppression?
Put Six Flags on your boycott list.
Being the smart-aleck that I am, I would have asked to see a list of words deemed 'offensive'. Wouldn't want to return in yet another shirt deemed offensive ya know. I would have also asked for the name of the person who approved the 'offensive word list'.

I wonder if we could organize an 'everybody show up at six flags wearing a gun shirt' day.
How about we just not go there?

1 2 Next View All