The PJ Tatler

Susan L.M. Goldberg

August 10, 2014 - 9:49 am

IDFprayer

Breitbart published an exclusive report on the details surrounding the deaths of three Israeli soldiers, including Lt. Hadar Goldin, originally thought to have been kidnapped after Hamas terrorists set off a suicide bomb near a tunnel entrance. The report highlights Hamas’s gross abuse of women in Gaza, including their willingness to turn young women into suicide bombers. The account also provides evidence of the life-saving power of faith at work on the front lines:

In the midst of this attack, a second force of IDF soldiers–which had gone into a mosque looking for weapons, explosives, and rockets– encountered a female suicide bomber who was about to detonate the belt she wore, which would have resulted in the deaths of the soldiers. One of the soldiers instinctively recited the opening words of the holiest Jewish prayer “Shema Yisrael”. The female suicide bomber hesitated and began trembling, giving the soldiers a chance to grab her and disable the device.

The soldiers then took her prisoner and turned her over to a counter-intelligence unit. Their investigation uncovered that the female suicide bomber’s mother was a Jew who had married a Palestinian in Israel and, after the wedding, was smuggled against her will into Gaza. There she lived a life filled with abuse and humiliation, and was basically a captive. In addition to the female suicide bomber, there were two smaller children as well. An armored force went in and rescued the two small children.

The Shema, “Hear O’Israel, the Lord Our God, the Lord is One,” taken from Deuteronomy 6:4, was the last prayer recited by countless Jewish victims of the Holocaust.

Susan L.M. Goldberg is a writer with a Master's in Radio, Television & Film and a PhD in Life who would be happy roaming the fields of Prince Edward Island with Anne of Green Gables, were it not for her strong belief in the axiom "all that is required for evil to prevail is for good women to do nothing." She prefers the career title "Renaissance Woman" and would happily be bar mates with Ann Coulter, Camille Paglia and Dorothy Parker. Her writing tends towards the intersection of culture, politics and faith with the interest in starting, not stopping the discussion. Follow her on Twitter @SLMGoldberg and @winegirlblog.

An act of faith can be powerful.

You can just explain this a a simple distraction to disarm an opponent. He could have belted out anything, maybe "Happy Birthday" . No he was probably saying the She'ma cause he was going to die any minute and that is what you do.

I had an experience when I was in high school in Chicago, more than few years back. I was playing hookey with a friend and we took the train downtown. When we went to go home it was getting late. We got on the southbound train instead of north. By the time we noticed it two girls looked at us and said "you are in the wrong color neighborhood". They wished us luck.

We got off the el and a full gang charged up the steps to the platform. Which was otherwise empty. When I saw them I reached in my pocket and found only my kippah (yarmulke) and I put it on without thinking. Maybe a dozen of them.

They circled me and my female friend. We were toast, I thought. The leader walked up to me and pointed at the thing on my head. He asked me what it was.

I said "it is my religion. I am a Jew."

Obviously he had never seen one of those before. He wanted to know more. I told him that I was a student and studied the holy books, kept him going for a few precious minutes. He was probably just couple years older than me and very dangerous.

He challenged "so what is this thing on your head?" Again.

I said " It reminds me that G-d is always overhead, always watching out for us and what we do".

Truth, he actually stepped back, then they just went away.

I am still not very orthodox but I will always believe.

Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Wow, that's powerful.
And yet we are constantly told about supposed legions of suicide bombers just waiting for their 72 virgins. It sounds like Hamas long ago hit the bottom of that barrel and is now down to abused women (any other kind in a traditional Islamic society?), mentally retarded children and other vulnerable persons.

Interesting how the lurid "waves of fanatics" are the only thing that ever hits the news. Back to this case, are we to understand that the heartless, wicked Jews who use the blood of Palestinian children to make their Passover bread went into Gaza to pick up the abused children of a suicide bomber? Amazing how that sort of thing never makes it on to the front page of the New York Times but there is never a lack of Hamas provided pictures of dead children in rubble...
A female suicide murderer complete with children and it's not being reported anywhere except here. I haven't heard anything about this incident on any of the alphabet TV stations; so for the sake of clarity let's go over this one more time. The IDF drops leaflets, makes phone calls and does everything it can to alert residents of any particular building, school, mosque or hospital that they are about to destroy. Hamas fits a young woman with the latest fashionable suicide vest and throws in a couple of children to make the scene complete for the Western media who have mostly been duped into believing anything that Hamas says.
Sounds like he was getting ready to meet his Maker, and the woman saw him as a human being, at that moment, and she hesitated to kill.
so tell me again that Hamas doesn't use women and children as weapons.
Hamas doesn't use women and children as weapons.

See. It's really easy to lie. You'd think reporters would have a clue by now...
It shows he's listening.
Thank you for a very uplifting story.
Even for the sake of saving these hostages, the war has been worth it.
An act of faith can be powerful.

I said "it is my religion. I am a Jew."

He challenged "so what is this thing on your head?" Again.

Truth, he actually stepped back, then they just went away.

I am still not very orthodox but I will always believe.

I wish I could "like" your comment many times. When I was fired from my last job on January 14 2008 (it was not justified but my "boss" was a very insecure person and that was the way it happened) I went straight to a nearby Catholic Church. It was mid afternoon on a weekday and I was alone in the Church. I kneeled before the altar and prayed for a about a minute. The last words of my prayer were: "Lord, I am 52, I have been fired unjustly, I will be blacklisted in my profession, who is going to employ me? What am I going to do?" I finished that phrase at the exact time when the church janitor (a good sweet man with a mild mental retardation) flung open the door of the sacristy and came out singing a popular Catholic hymn we sing most Sundays: "Don't you be afraid for I am with you ..." This past January 13 I completed SIX years unemployed, I will be SIXTY years old in October. Don't ask me how it happened but I lacked nothing all these years of surviving doing odd jobs. HE Who does not sleep is always watching. "It is HE Who sits above the circle of the earth, And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers, Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in." Isaiah 40:22
Believing is good, but following is better.

Why wouldn't you follow your Protector?

Why wouldn't you trust the One who provides?

The One who pushed back your threat, gave you a sign that you would always remember. It is a wonderful story, but it isn't just a _story_. It was real. You lived it. And it has meaning. And it occurs to me (remember, this is YOUR story), that you were protected _after_ you acknowledged that (1) you study the holy books, and (2) that G_d is watching. You did not rely on your own strength, but on G_d, just like He commanded the ancient Israelites not to rely on their own strength, but to rely on Him. And He was faithful. May it always be so, and may He bless you and keep you and your family.
A powerful witness filled with hope. That poor woman and her kids are a symbol of all those human beings trapped by the Muslim and the Progressive scum empowering them. God will bring justice to their door soon for a witness of His power to all the nations. There is only one God and it is not the barbaric false god allah.
Blessed be the name of the Lord.
Amen ! Alleluya !
A disturbing glimpse into how radical Islam is engaged in a real 'War on Women', not some fake political posturing like you find stateside.
Islam is engaged in a real "War on Everything".
1 2 Next View All

One Trackback to “One Soldier’s Faith Saves Hamas Female Suicide Bomber”