The PJ Tatler

Bridget Johnson

November 13, 2013 - 2:33 pm

Republican lawmakers gleefully pounced on the weak Obamacare enrollment report released today.

“You could fit everyone who signed up for Obamacare in the first month into Neyland Stadium – and still have room for the ‘Pride of the Southland’ marching band,” said Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.), ranking member on the Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee. “That’s bad news for the 5 million Americans who’ve had their policies canceled by Obamacare. This demands that the president put his promise into law and allow Americans to keep the health care plans they have.”

The University of Tennessee’s Neyland Stadium held its largest crowd of 109,061 on Sept. 18, 2004, for the game against Florida. Total enrollment, from the flailing website and other sources, from launch through Nov. 2 was reported to be 106,185.

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) said the report proved Obamacare is “a rolling calamity that must be scrapped.”

“The president says he is sorry but has taken no action to right his wrong. Millions of Americans are being told their health coverage is canceled at the same time that they are shut out of the government website. And even if they do manage to navigate the system, many are being rewarded with sticker shock, not the lower prices the president promised,” Boehner said.

On the Senate floor, John Barrasso (R-Wyo.) summed up: “They came, they saw, they didn’t buy it.”

“So far the Obamacare exchanges have only succeeded at crashing people’s computers or lightening their wallets,” he added.

“Fewer than 800 Missourians have successfully signed up for the president’s health care plan while millions of Americans are being forced to lose their current coverage. That’s appalling, and it simply confirms what we already knew: ObamaCare is a train wreck,” said Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.).

“The abysmal ObamaCare enrollment numbers are another early warning sign that this legislation is deeply flawed and ultimately cannot be fixed. Only full repeal and replacement can begin undoing the damage this law has done to people who have lost their health plans and doctors, and are paying higher out of pocket costs,” said Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.). “There is a better way to help people obtain high quality health care and control costs, but ObamaCare is not it.”

Rep. Renee Ellmers (R-N.C.) noted that “at the current pace, this law will not be financially sustainable for 6 years according to projections from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO).”

“Meanwhile, my office is receiving letters from families across North Carolina telling us that their health insurance plans are being cancelled and their premiums are going through the roof,” she added.

“The faulty website is only the tip of the iceberg. It’s not technical glitches that will doom this system, it is the fact that the President’s health care law forces people to buy overpriced health plans they don’t want, hikes taxes, and puts important, personal health care decisions in the hands of politicians and bureaucrats instead of patients and their doctors,” Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.). “The whole law is unworkable.”

I signed up for ObamaCare just two short weeks ago and it was so easy. I got through the whole application and approval process through that wonderful new web site and in less than 5 minutes on my very first try. And the results are fantastic! My acne has cleared up, all the grey has disappeared from my hair, I've lost 2 inches from my waist and I can now read the fine print at the very bottom right on the eye chart. I feel at least 25 years younger already. Thank you, President Obama!!!
CommunistCare bread lines, inferior goods and services,
And exemptions for The Party elite.

Spying, lying, and denying.

Isn't tyranny great?
my neighbor's sister-in-law makes $60/hr on the computer. She has been laid off for six months but last month her payment was $16262 just working on the computer for a few hours. see here now>>>>>>>>> www.jobs35.com
im making over $30h a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do,,,,,,WWW.Rush64.COM
my co-worker's sister-in-law makes $83 an hour on the internet. She has been fired for eight months but last month her pay was $21119 just working on the internet for a few hours. pop over here

My last pay check was $9500 working 12 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can't believe how easy it was once I tried it out. This is what I do,,,,,,,WWW.Rush64.COM
I have got one question that I haven't heard any comment made relating to. In the recent past, the democrats have had excuses made to the reasons why we can't have voter ID. Folks don't have drivers licence, no form of ID. We can't make the old and poor people pay for a valid ID to confirm their identity. How in hell are these poor and unidentiful people going to click on a website that doesn't work, and apply for healthcare coverage that not even educated peoiple can understand?
I wish the insurance companies would not send out just cancellation notices. They need to send out riders to the policies. "Here is what we have to add to your policy for it to be compliant with ObamaCare. Here are the line-item costs for the upgrade to your policy." Then list.

Then people will understand the cost of what they voted for. It sounds good that insurance companies cannot exclude pre-existing conditions, as long as the voters think it's all free. However, when they see that they will be the ones paying, they will absolutely flip out.

Free means someone else is paying. It sounds great, until you are the "someone else".
Marc --
I like your 'rider' idea, but I think the insurance companies are sending out cancellation notices because they don't want to be part of ObamaCare.
None of our self-appointed elite can fix it, separately or together. They are in way over their heads. All they can do is scramble for brownie points for having tried.
More reports coming in fast and furious from people who have signed up for ObamaCare -

After signing up for ObamaCare, Bob Dole no longer needs to take that little blue pill when he wants to get friskie. Oprah has now slimmed down to 125 pounds. Ted Kennedy hasn't had a single alcoholic drink since he was signed up for ObamaCare. Larry Flynt was able to throw away his wheelchair and will enter next year's Boston Marathon. Rahm Emanuel has grown 12 inches in height and is now 6 feet 2.
I could care less about Christmas for republicans. Already this federal government is way too invested/infested into our lives.

If defeat of this leftist criminal element attempting to take control of this country in perpetuity is a function of winners and losers in the moment, we're already screwed.

The problem is that the idiot section of the GOP will not be able to help itself. I guarantee that the likes of Alexander, et al, will be running to their committees with 63 various fixes for Commander Zero's Health Care debacle. NO. Let it rot. Let the Dems stew in their own juice. Don't get caught in the trap that Commander Zero is sure to try to set to force the GOP to vote on a bill to "improve" Ocare or to go into conference with the Senate on one of its bills. Just say NO and keep saying NO. The American people can survive another year in this purgatory. The only way to "fix" it is to repeal it, root and branch. At the very least, let the Dems hang until December 2014.
1 2 Next View All