The PJ Tatler

Patrick Poole

October 2, 2013 - 11:06 am

Yesterday I reported from the National World War Two Memorial on several members of Congress crashing the barricades set up by the National Park Service that were keeping out several hundred Honor Flight veterans — many of whom were WW2 veterans — from visiting their own memorial. The Park Service claimed that the memorial and the entire National Mall area had to be closed because of the government shutdown.

The same scene was reenacted again today as two Honor Flights from Missouri and Chicago arrived in prearranged visits. These Honor Flights were met by hundreds of ordinary citizens and about a dozen members of Congress, who once again crashed the barricades to let the veterans into the WW2 Memorial.

After about an hour, about 20 protesters arrived on the scene chanting “Boehner, get us back to work” and claiming they were federal employees furloughed because of the shutdown.

In the video below these protesters were marching towards the press gaggle and I was asking them to show their federal IDs to prove they were in fact federal workers. No one wore their federal ID and none would provide it to prove their claim.

Then, remarkably, a guy carrying a sign passed by wearing a McDonald’s employee shirt, which I noted. I then began asking them how much they had been paid to protest, at which point the guy wearing the McDonald’s shirt came back and admitted he had been paid $15.

YouTube Preview Image

About a minute later a protest organizer ran up to me telling me that the man in question is a contractor working at the McDonald’s in a Smithsonian Museum — a claim she made no effort to prove. The same story was told to Jake Tapper at CNN who was on the scene and made the same inquiry.

And yet that doesn’t explain why he was paid $15 to attend a protest targeting our nation’s honored military veterans.

UPDATE: Huffington Post reporter Arthur Delaney states that the protest was organized by a group called “Good Jobs Nation,” not SEIU as I previously reported, and that, remarkably, the protesters weren’t even federal employees at all but individuals who WORK in federal buildings affected by the shutdown.

Delaney and his HuffPo colleague Ryan J. Reilly have attacked me on Twitter, speculating on what the McDonald’s employee, Luis Chiliquinga, really thought, and chastising me for my editorial standards in reporting on what I recorded. The video speaks for itself.

UPDATE2: So who is “Good Jobs Nation”? Jonathan Adler points me to this Washington Post article that explains:

The group formed about six months ago as a coalition of like-minded labor groups. Its funding comes largely from unions, including the Service Employees International Union, the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, the United Farm Workers and the United Food and Commercial Workers, according to organizers.

So they were, in fact, a SEIU rent-a-mob

WAPO adds this:

The group held its first demonstration in May, when service workers at federal buildings walked off the job to protest their wages.

So they voluntarily walk off the job to protest, then complain when Congress gives them extra free time to get some extra scratch from the SEIU and Teamsters to protest.

ConMom has more on “Good Jobs Nation”.

Patrick Poole is a national security and terrorism correspondent for PJMedia. Follow me on Twitter.

I don't think SEIU even represents any federal employees. In keeping with the organizer's story, they might represent some contractor employees. ONLY inside a federal facility would a fast food joint be unionized!
I wonder what the SEIU expects in return for doing the Obama regime's bidding?

An exemption from the Affordable Care Act, perhaps?
More SEIU thugs.
Start working at home with Google! It’s by-far the best job I’ve had. Last Wednesday I got a brand new BMW since getting a check for $6474. I began this 8-months ago and immediately was bringing home at least $77 per hour. I work through this link, WWW.Pow6.com WORK LESS EARN MORE
DECERTIFY all government employee unions! Even FDR said government worker unions were wrong.
Honor is going for cheap these days.
can you believe..selling your country out for $15.00 ??
I’ve had to cross more than one union picket line in my big truck and, between it and my Bulldog, I’ve always managed to convince them of their error of getting in my way. What kind of Bulldog? Charter Arms in .44 S&W Special.
Leave 'em where you find 'em.
It is a federal crime to impersonate a federal employee for personal gain. Falsely stating that one is a federal employee while on federal property would likely qualify.
Federal crime? Hah! Who's prosecuting federal crimes? No one, that's who.
No fan WHATEVER of the SEIU, ACORN, etc. etc., but could it be that the guy means to be saying that he is a McDonalds worker at the Smithsonian getting paid $15/hour?
Please be sure to SHARE this post everywhere!
Anti-American, muslim brotherhood serving, sleazy, criminal pervert traitor in the Whitehouse! The website http://www.barrysoetoro.net now contains a link to a video where eye witness testimony is given regarding Hussein's homosexuality, drug abuse, and some very serious questions about murder. This is for real! Fox news reporter Todd Starnes. Also read about documented voter fraud and much more!
#obama #POTUS #crime #criminal #drugs #democrat #socialism #politics

Spread the word about John "Hanoi Jane" Kerry

New online Christian alternative to Facebook. http://biblefolk.com Biblical Christianity Acts 2:38 friendly
#christian #community #social #socialnetworking #christianity #bible #biblical #fbooked #facebook
God, I do hope that the Republicans hold fast. I don't believe they will but if they don't ALL is lost. At that point the Dems will realize that they can be rolled up like a carpet.
Yes, at first they will be blamed but its pointless to worry about that. They'll be blamed anyway but if they back away they will lose with certainty any support they might have had 2014. We need a new leader of the Republican Congress. Fight! Damn it!
1 2 3 Next View All

52 Trackbacks to “EXCLUSIVE VIDEO: McDonald’s Employee Admits Being Paid $15 to Protest WW2 Veterans (UPDATED 2x)”